it's worth a shot
(03-01-2023, 11:02 PM)Damien Wrote: I think a week ban is justified since you did hit 20 points and I think you should just serve out your ban.

I think the question at hand is whether that warning was warranted. The guidelines are extremely vague when it comes to this, so of course staff discretion is put into play. The guidelines do state that it is 8 points for "overly sexual conversation." Was it an "overly sexual conversation" if only one remark was made by Goose? I personally don't believe it was in this instance, however I do believe it wasn't the right place to be saying it, you there or not. Now if the intention of the remark was malicious, like wishing that type of harm would come to you, then yes, that would be extremely out of pocket and result in a deserved ban. From the video, I don't see any malicious intent in his bad joke, not sure why people are turning this into a massive deal.

My suggestion is to bring back an actual AWarn guidelines. No where in our current staff guidelines expand on this. Set whatever is decided in stone and enforce it across the board. Make it either a 100% they did something wrong or nothing, so when something else similar arises, you can't question why the rules were enforced.

In a perfect world, people would have common sense and everyone would be on the same page, but this isn't a perfect world.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
Here's the link to the current guidelines. The current warn for this is too broad imo and I would like an overly sexual joke warn at some point or something like that. It wasn't a pedophillic joke so I didn't give him that, it was an out of pocket sexual joke. I did add context to the warn in parenthesis to try and combat the broadness.
(03-02-2023, 12:02 AM)Damien Wrote: Here's the link to the current guidelines. The current warn for this is too broad imo and I would like an overly sexual joke warn at some point or something like that.

A detailed AWarn guideline covering the major stuff would be ideal. Pretty sure we used to have one, no idea why it's not used anymore. If the rules are written clearly there will be no excuse for future cases like these. It really shouldn't be necessary, but people are foolish.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
1 week for a "sex trafficking joke" seems like you got it easy, I'd say you should serve your time 

-1 for unban
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=10....38_AM.jpg]

edit: +0
former admin2
Tbh no matter how you put it you probably shouldn’t have said it. There is no actual evidence of Damien saying anything sexual and baiting the conversation, therefore you should serve the ban! -1, see u in a week!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
Goose, dude, you gotta stop getting banned.
I wanna say +1 for a reduction because I like you, but what you said wasn't great.
Even if Damien had ALREADY turned 18, sex trafficking isn't a joke worthy topic.
(03-03-2023, 03:43 PM)Kaiwan Wrote: Goose, dude, you gotta stop getting banned.
I wanna say +1 for a reduction because I like you, but what you said wasn't great.
Even if Damien had ALREADY turned 18, sex trafficking isn't a joke worthy topic.
Lol I for real thought you got banned yourself
Hey if I'm gonna get banned I'm gonna make it funny 
The whole post became a Shitshow with how vague the rules are and basically became a nitpicking contest because Damien is Damien (who is a good mod surprisingly) 
Like I said keep this thread alive and let people vent
(03-03-2023, 08:16 PM)Anti-semetic Goose Wrote: Lol I for real thought you got banned yourself

Only from the Discord. I'm still allowed on TTT.... For now...