it's worth a shot
This will probs be my last post for the night its late here so if I mispell shit forgiv me

(02-28-2023, 09:23 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: there's a pretty massive gap between "raunchy metal songs" and "you're getting sex trafficked"
he's already been warned for making inappropriate "jokes" before
I think the context I'm getting at is that Damien said something sus for someone underage to say, which prompted people to say "woah you're underage", and Damiens response was basically "im turning 18 soon i can say that type of stuff", AKA if Goose made that joke to an 18 Year old Damien, he wouldn't have gotten a warn, AKA if Damien did think since he was turning 18 soon he didnt have to be careful with what he said, then neither does Goose, but instead Goose got warned as if Damiens a minor, something in context Damien was arguing he wasn't "technically", thats my whole issue with it, Goose didn't make a weird comment to a child, he made a Adult joke to Damien who IN CONTEXT was saying he could say Adult shit because he turns 18 soon. That's why I find the outcome of all this a bit weird.

(02-28-2023, 09:26 PM)Damien Wrote: There was a bind put in chat by @SwiftBadger*No Monitor* that was a quote from Jawa saying something along the lines of "Imagine i like soda and Damien in a christian rock band" and I said something like "I'll just sing raunchy songs but make them pg" or something like that. It is sort've my word/his word but saying that I said something that "baited him" into saying something about me being sex trafficked is disingenuous and just flat out lying. Claiming that I continued the behavior of baiting people into saying sus things is also lying.
It's not really that you were baiting anyone, it's that as I said to Tieflings quote, you're response of "i turn 18 soon anyway" gave the impression that at least you Yourself thought you were an adult who can say edgy things, when Goose tested the waters and responded with something we both know he wouldnt have been warned for if you were 18, you instead warned him, thats the issue, not baiting just hypocritical.

(02-28-2023, 09:28 PM)Damien Wrote: I did not warn him for a pedophillic comment, I warned him for making an odd sexual joke because he was warned before for making odd sexual jokes. I would've given him a verbal if he hadn't received a warn prior.
This hasn't been mentioned yet but what comment did Goose make prior to this? I don't remember him getting any sort of warnings or you calming anyone down from something prior to Goose's bannable joke.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(02-28-2023, 09:28 PM)Damien Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 09:26 PM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: Yeah sorry Damien. I'm gonna have to say that you took it way out of context. I said you being underage in a sarcastic tone just like how the rest of the conversation was going. I don't agree with you gagging goose cuz the tone of the conversation was not pedophilic at all. We were just making jokes about people's ages and I jokingly brought up the fact that you were close to being 18 so yeah +1 to goose being unbanned. I'm surprised it even got this far. I really thought you gagged him as a joke for a round but then I left and now I see he's banned. So yeah sorry man you took it to far not goose.
I did not warn him for a pedophillic comment, I warned him for making an odd sexual joke because he was warned before for making odd sexual jokes. I would've given him a verbal if he hadn't received a warn prior.
yeah I am failing to see what joke he made that was sexual in nature really that led to this.  Like @Jawa said above me you were saying these things in context to you almost being 18 and everyone was going along with it because of what you said.  Again I thought you jokingly gagged goose due to his comment that was pretty on brand with the whole conversation.  If you cant sit at the adult table yet and take the jokes then I recommend you not putting yourself in the adult jokes.

Also again what Jawa said I dont recall you ever verbally warning goose. I just see him gagged immediately in chat and I thought you were joking with him.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
(02-28-2023, 09:37 PM)Jawa Wrote: This will probs be my last post for the night its late here so if I mispell shit forgiv me

I think the context I'm getting at is that Damien said something sus for someone underage to say, which prompted people to say "woah you're underage", and Damiens response was basically "im turning 18 soon i can say that type of stuff", AKA if Goose made that joke to an 18 Year old Damien, he wouldn't have gotten a warn, AKA if Damien did think since he was turning 18 soon he didnt have to be careful with what he said, then neither does Goose, but instead Goose got warned as if Damiens a minor, something in context Damien was arguing he wasn't "technically", thats my whole issue with it, Goose didn't make a weird comment to a child, he made a Adult joke to Damien who IN CONTEXT was saying he could say Adult shit because he turns 18 soon. That's why I find the outcome of all this a bit weird.

I didn't say that at all, you're either being disingenuous or you're lying. Swiftbadger said I was underage and I said I turn 18 in December, I did not say that what I said was "acceptable" because I was turning 18, nor would I have to since what I said wasn't nearly as bad as what you're trying to make it seem.

It's not really that you were baiting anyone, it's that as I said to Tieflings quote, you're response of "i turn 18 soon anyway" gave the impression that at least you Yourself thought you were an adult who can say edgy things, when Goose tested the waters and responded with something we both know he wouldnt have been warned for if you were 18, you instead warned him, thats the issue, not baiting just hypocritical.

I was mostly saying this about misstie since she was making accusations towards me, but again I didn't say what you're saying I said. I simply said I turned 18 in December.
responses in red

(02-28-2023, 09:42 PM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: yeah I am failing to see what joke he made that was sexual in nature really that led to this.  Like @Jawa said above me you were saying these things in context to you almost being 18 and everyone was going along with it because of what you said.  Again I thought you jokingly gagged goose due to his comment that was pretty on brand with the whole conversation.  If you cant sit at the adult table yet and take the jokes then I recommend you not putting yourself in the adult jokes.

Also again what Jawa said I dont recall you ever verbally warning goose. I just see him gagged immediately in chat and I thought you were joking with him.
How is "I'm gonna say raunchy jokes but make them pg" the same as "Now you can get regular trafficked"? I'm failing to see the connection of how what I said is "On brand" with a human trafficking joke.

He received a warn prior and I can't find it right now since discord is being dumb but I'm sure I can find what he was warned for when it's not being dumb.
Just wanna point out that even if Damien started with something sexual as a few people have claimed, you still have a responsibility as an adult to not feed into that nonsense. If that truly is what happened, that's something that needs to be shown to the admins bc that's the exact kinda shit that people have been community banned for.

From what I've read so far there's pretty much only hearsay as to what started the conversation, but the end result is something I think we can all agree isn't okay. The argument of "Damien said he turns 18 soon, so this comment should be allowed" is mind boggling and pretty disgusting.

edit: also stop making huge blank text posts pls
(02-28-2023, 09:42 PM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: yeah I am failing to see what joke he made that was sexual in nature really that led to this.  Like @Jawa said above me you were saying these things in context to you almost being 18 and everyone was going along with it because of what you said.  Again I thought you jokingly gagged goose due to his comment that was pretty on brand with the whole conversation.  If you cant sit at the adult table yet and take the jokes then I recommend you not putting yourself in the adult jokes.
You're failing to see how "you can get normal sex trafficked" to someone turning 18 is sexual in nature? Huh? Someone being almost 18 doesn't mean make a comment about them being sex trafficked? I'm seriously not understanding your logic here. "Raunchy metal music" is no where close to randomly bringing up sex trafficking out of nowhere.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
https://streamable.com/1ykg50

im in awe at people defending saying "now you can get regular sex trafficked" to a minor.

here is just 1 example from the same map of damien giving goose a warning. https://streamable.com/1ykg50
Okay I am going to stop replying to this cuz apparently my sense of humor is to fucked up and I am getting now thrown into being "disgusting" for allowing a comment in a conversation that everyone was mutually involved in. I do not condone pedophilia at all and again I thought the whole conversation was just a joke that everyone would go along with but now it has turned into something way bigger.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
(02-28-2023, 09:48 PM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: Okay I am going to stop replying to this cuz apparently my sense of humor is to fucked up and I am getting now thrown into being "disgusting" for allowing a comment in a conversation that everyone was mutually involved in.  I do not condone pedophilia at all and again I thought the whole conversation was just a joke that everyone would go along with but now it has turned into something way bigger.
No one else was talking about sex trafficking before goose brought it up
(02-28-2023, 09:44 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: From what I've read so far there's pretty much only hearsay as to what started the conversation, but the end result is something I think we can all agree isn't okay. The argument of "Damien said he turns 18 soon, so this comment should be allowed" is mind boggling and pretty disgusting.

Yes it is and that's why no ones saying that, specifically it's that Damien was acting like since he was turning 18 soon he was basically an adult, which is why people were making jokes about him thinking he's an adult already, and why Goose's joke would've been fine if Damiens believed in what he was saying, which turned out to be not true. Nobody say's this type of stuff around the younger players, Damien is a different situation, which makes joking with him difficult at times especially if he starts the edgy jokes (which I'm sure you know he does). 

This would be a lot easier to discuss if their was footage of the first half of this conversation, you just see the punchline and not the buildup.

Also @Damien, I could be wrong but thats how I remember it, people wouldn't be joking about you thinking you were an adult if you didn't imply it no? I know the video cuts off about 60% of what went on, but you can hear left over parts of people responding to you saying you thought you were basically 18. 

No hate, just trying to save a young Jewish man from a week ban.

EDIT: On Iceys vid, yeah that was the vibe of the game at the moment, Goose's comment again was after a lot of edginesssss, but I never saw that as a verbal warn since it was still jokey and laughy, but yeah this was Goose's prior verbal warn(?)
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(02-28-2023, 09:52 PM)Jawa Wrote: Yes it is and that's why no ones saying that, specifically it's that Damien was acting like since he was turning 18 soon he was basically an adult, which is why people were making jokes about him thinking he's an adult already, and why Goose's joke would've been fine if Damiens believed in what he was saying, which turned out to be not true. Nobody say's this type of stuff around the younger players, Damien is a different situation, which makes joking with him difficult at times especially if he starts the edgy jokes (which I'm sure you know he does). 

This would be a lot easier to discuss if their was footage of the first half of this conversation, you just see the punchline and not the buildup.

Also @Damien, I could be wrong but thats how I remember it, people wouldn't be joking about you thinking you were an adult if you didn't imply it no? I know the video cuts off about 60% of what went on, but you can hear left over parts of people responding to you saying you thought you were basically 18. 

No hate, just trying to save a young Jewish man from a week ban.
No actually you shouldn't make jokes about adults being sex trafficked either