oi bruv this aint no joke
not harassment
bump for liberty, bump for justice, bump so i can play on the weekenddd
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
I just want to give my take on this, as I feel I am friends with both Jawa and Damien.

If someone slurs on the server, they are to be warned by the staff members online. If Damien hadn't warned you, someone else would have. I also know that Jawa isn't stupid and probably knew that he was being edgy. Regardless of context or whatever, if someone slurs they get warned. This is to help avoid bias. If someone said the f slur before Jawa and was warned, but then Jawa says it and they are given a verbal, you start hearing people bitch about selective staffing and what not. With that being said, slurring isn't life or death and there is a reason that they expire. 80% of staff have slurred at some point so just take the warn and move on. Unfortunately, this escalated into something much bigger than that.

Harassment is a big deal. If two people are at odds and someone says to leave them alone, they should be left alone. Is what happened between Jawa and Damien harassment?? Not in my opinion. Jawa was heated and felt like he was being treated unfairly, resulting in the PM's to Damien. However, in every other case where two individuals are arguing and one is asked to be left alone, it is also treated as harassment. I don't think that anything Damien did was to spite Jawa or embarrass him. You guys need to understand that some staff are more lenient than others and each one of them have their own view on what is considered harassment, trolling, flaming, etc. It's pretty obvious that Jawa enjoys the server and I have never seen him attack, intimidate, or antagonize anyone. What I do see is someone getting heated over what they consider being treated unfairly by a staff member.

I think that each party could have done something better. I think Damien should have ignored Jawa's messages and realized that staff members take shit. If we warned for every insult thrown our way, the server wouldn't have any players. The goal of staff is to de-escalate situations so that both parties involved in said conflict can continue to enjoy the game. Damien knew Jawa was heated, and instead of leaving the server (de-escalates), asking another staff member to get on (de-escalates), or simply ignoring Jawa, he decided to have Jawa issued a harassment warn, doing the complete opposite. I think this was a big mistake on Damiens part

Sorry for the paragraph. Jawa and Damien are both respected members of this community and people I consider friends. The sooner this gets resolved, the sooner we can move past petty drama and arguments. In these situations, I expect staff to take the higher road, but that doesn't dismiss that Jawa could have also gone about this better.

I'm going to do a +1 on reduction of ban, as well as changing the harassment warn to flaming.
Hey hoo Icey, thank's for response

"If someone slurs on the server, they are to be warned by the staff members online. If Damien hadn't warned you, someone else would have. I also know that Jawa isn't stupid and probably knew that he was being edgy. Regardless of context or whatever, if someone slurs they get warned. This is to help avoid bias. If someone said the f slur before Jawa and was warned, but then Jawa says it and they are given a verbal, you start hearing people bitch about selective staffing and what not. With that being said, slurring isn't life or death and there is a reason that they expire. 80% of staff have slurred at some point so just take the warn and move on. Unfortunately, this escalated into something much bigger than that."

This is kind of my point in reverse, I mentioned that I've heard slur baiting and slur-cut offs not get any warns or even verbal warns, but laughs but certain members of staff (Damien included), and I mentioned the example that the day before the incidient, Damien had given a verbal warn to someone for writing Nig Nog on the wall. I'm in your logic, bitching about Damien being selective here, where I've seen him either laugh or give verbal warns for edginess, whereas my ass got instant warned for something that felt was altered enough, Nigga and Nslur are two different slurs that'll get you a slap in public, but one is accepted, due to it being changed by a letter, this was not only a similar situation but was written on a in-game model. I wasn't trying to be cheeky Icey, you can see in the pictures provided earlier in the thread I only joined the conversation on the Efslur near the end when I clarified the word. 

"Harassment is a big deal. If two people are at odds and someone says to leave them alone, they should be left alone. Is what happened between Jawa and Damien harassment?? Not in my opinion. Jawa was heated and felt like he was being treated unfairly, resulting in the PM's to Damien. However, in every other case where two individuals are arguing and one is asked to be left alone, it is also treated as harassment. I don't think that anything Damien did was to spite Jawa or embarrass him. You guys need to understand that some staff are more lenient than others and each one of them have their own view on what is considered harassment, trolling, flaming, etc. It's pretty obvious that Jawa enjoys the server and I have never seen him attack, intimidate, or antagonize anyone. What I do see is someone getting heated over what they consider being treated unfairly by a staff member."

The parts you don't see Icey is him talking shit beforehand, this wasn't a random rant, this was things getting built up quietly for a few games, and snapped when my g Duan got banned for similar warn, I didn't instantly lecture Damien (i was actually asking the other staff member what was happening), and the Rant Damien showed happend AFTER he told me to "shut uuuup", "stop bitching", "i'll warn you". IF I am to be in trouble for only ranting at Damien for 50 seconds, then that's that. But I feel like him asking me to stop harassing him Seconds after he treated me like shit is a bit bs, it's like you give him the magic words to avoid any responsibility. AND after my rant, I did leave him alone, by leaving the server, warn free. 

"Sorry for the paragraph. Jawa and Damien are both respected members of this community and people I consider friends. The sooner this gets resolved, the sooner we can move past petty drama and arguments. In these situations, I expect staff to take the higher road, but that doesn't dismiss that Jawa could have also gone about this better."

I really tried too you can ask others in the game, after my warn I was dead quiet both on mic and chat trying to calm down through 3 games, during that time I could hear Damien making edgy jokes, and laughing it off, making side remarks, and at one point bitched about me when he thought I wasn't in the game, and during the whole time I did not say a thing. I tried handling this differently even though it made me feel like a bitch for getting warned, then shitted on by the same person who warned me, then told to shut up when I asked why Duan was warned. I snapped after all these tiny things added up, I held myself back from being personal, keeping it on topic, and stopping after no more then 50 seconds. And after my rant I decided to leave (even though I could of kept playing for a few more hours) because I saw in myself I was too heated. I trieeeddd to do the right thing, it's why I feel this is a bit unfair to punish me for Harassment when I kept my mouth shut for 3 games, regardless to what Damien said. 
Hello my name is Jawa
I'm currently going into my 4th day of my unjustified week ban, after making a Unban Request and waiting on the results, I've ended up with a lot of time to think, and I think I've finally come up with compensation for my current days I've spent unjustly in exile.

1. 10,000 Prem, because it's always nice to have spare prem.
2. I don't want Donor+ rank but I'd like Mild Supporter rank but with the powers of a Tmod.
3. Perhaps a new player model that represents the severs dedication to the female workers of the world. 
4. I get to rdm Damien once per round for my unjustly exile without the possibility for a slay.

These are the one's I've thought up so far, will update if I can think of anything more. xxx

EDIT: Just so this isn't Thanos'd for shitposting, how long do these unban requests normally take? There was a debate whether my ban was 3 days or 1 week and I've already spent 3 days banned, am I just waiting out the week ban? Will it be confirmed that this ban was wrong in a month or so? Is this a conspiracy? Whatsup? Whats goin on er?
Garnet Server only plays on one Minecraft map, I can't handle it anymore.
Honestly worst case should of been just a 3 day ban and since it's been longer than 3 days you should just get unbanned by now.
(03-05-2023, 01:13 PM)Jawa Wrote: Hello my name is Jawa
I'm currently going into my 4th day of my unjustified week ban, after making a Unban Request and waiting on the results, I've ended up with a lot of time to think, and I think I've finally come up with compensation for my current days I've spent unjustly in exile.

1. 10,000 Prem, because it's always nice to have spare prem.
2. I don't want Donor+ rank but I'd like Mild Supporter rank but with the powers of a Tmod.
3. Perhaps a new player model that represents the severs dedication to the female workers of the world. 
4. I get to rdm Damien once per round for my unjustly exile without the possibility for a slay.

These are the one's I've thought up so far, will update if I can think of anything more. xxx

EDIT: Just so this isn't Thanos'd for shitposting, how long do these unban requests normally take? There was a debate whether my ban was 3 days or 1 week and I've already spent 3 days banned, am I just waiting out the week ban? Will it be confirmed that this ban was wrong in a month or so? Is this a conspiracy? Whatsup? Whats goin on er?
Garnet Server only plays on one Minecraft map, I can't handle it anymore.

This actually made me laugh out loud pls unban him right now just for this
[Image: kirby.gif]
(03-05-2023, 01:13 PM)Jawa Wrote: how long do these unban requests normally take? There was a debate whether my ban was 3 days or 1 week and I've already spent 3 days banned, am I just waiting out the week ban? 
Most unban requests are resolved in around a week. TTT has 1 admin right now, and try as he might @bryanbrr can't do everything everyday.
The man is unpaid and yet works TTT admin similar hours to a part-time job. But you have to understand, his priority is ensuring the integrity of the TTT server is afloat. He spent much of last week resolving an addon that was causing a significant portion of the playerbase to be unable to connect. Your petty ban with Damien isn't exactly priority.
(03-05-2023, 01:13 PM)Jawa Wrote: Garnet Server only plays on one Minecraft map, I can't handle it anymore.
Then it may be wise to appeal your 10 point warning as well as try not to stir up any more trouble, to avoid going back here again.

Whether the week ban is justified or not, you are not 100% innocent in this. I'd be more willing to ping bryan in admin chat/get the OK to unban you if you were 100% maliciously banned for no reason whatsoever. But based on the evidence there is some merit/rationale for the warnings put into place. The question appears to be more about scope/whether the punishment fits the crime. But if you have to serve out your week, you'll have to serve out your week. I agree with you that 3 days sounds fair and that an unban is best at this point.

I went ahead and contacted bryan again anyway. But understand that he's one man doing all he can. Hopefully you are unbanned sometime soon!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Hello Jammin, I got a lot of free time btw, how you doyin?

"Most unban requests are resolved in around a week. TTT has 1 admin right now, and try as he might @bryanbrr can't do everything everyday.
The man is unpaid and yet works TTT admin similar hours to a part-time job. But you have to understand, his priority is ensuring the integrity of the TTT server is afloat. He spent much of last week resolving an addon that was causing a significant portion of the playerbase to be unable to connect. Your petty ban with Damien isn't exactly priority."

By petty you mean when Damien over-reacted? And now I'm suffering the conseuqences for it? You know it takes two to tango, and Damien started the dance first right? You know even though it's been 4 days of ban, I'm still the innocent one here? You know just because a staff member issues a warn doesn't mean they were right to do so? You know there's a tiinyy possibility they could have acted harshly.

"Then it may be wise to appeal your 10 point warning as well as try not to stir up any more trouble, to avoid going back here again.

Whether the week ban is justified or not, you are not 100% innocent in this. I'd be more willing to ping bryan in admin chat/get the OK to unban you if you were 100% maliciously banned for no reason whatsoever. But based on the evidence there is some merit/rationale for the warnings put into place. The question appears to be more about scope/whether the punishment fits the crime. But if you have to serve out your week, you'll have to serve out your week. I agree with you that 3 days sounds fair and that an unban is best at this point.
I went ahead and contacted bryan again anyway. But understand that he's one man doing all he can. Hopefully you are unbanned sometime soon!"

I didn't stir up trouble, your overly sensitive staff member did, thats the question here, whether I was at fault with all the context available or whether Damien is at fault with all the context available, and fella my dick is feeling pretty massive right now, because I know I shouldn't have been banned for 3 days or 1 week, because Damien himself admitted earlier in the thread that this shouldn't have been considered harassment. So what we doing here lad? Giving out 1 week bans that take 9 days to figure out whether it was justified or not?
Also "whether the week ban is justified or not" x) brother excuse me what? How can I learn anything from this situation if my ban was unjustified? You're telling me theirs a possibility I didn't deserve this, but "you better be careful next time!!!", eh? EH? What's Damiens punishment then since theirs a "possibility" he was in the wrong, will he have to wait with me in the Garnet server? 

Edit2: The only lesson I could learn from this is staff can act shitty to you and if you stand up for yourself you will be punished and its all your fault regardless to who started it. That's it. ;/

EDIT: I may sound heated, but that's because its 9:30 pm on a Sunday night and my one and true love Gmod TTT Dinkleberg Server Staff Needed and I haven't seen each other for a while. 

EDIT 3: wait who gets my $15 when I donate? I thought that goes to B-byr
Jawa,

Your unban appeal has been accepted. Your warning for harassment will also be removed but, your slur warning will remain.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]