oi bruv this aint no joke
baiting slurs? probably honestly, but "harassment" I don't see how that is applicable in this case lmao dude was probably genuinely concerned with his extra warnings. I am a bit confused rn to say the least
I'm not gonna go back and forth on this thread so I'll just say that I had yeat give him the warn then bryan gave him the ban. I also told him to leave me alone and tell bryan about his warns (Shown in my imgur link) and that's why I see it as harassment since he kept flaming me after I told him to leave me alone.
See this is the type of shit I was talking about in Goose's thread.

Though this once again feels like a he said - he said situation.

+1 for a reduction at least. You did slurbait jawa.
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh again? damn dude hasn't it been like a day or two... F in the chat. when'd he start warning for upsetting staff members lmao if that shit was there back in my day :oldmantypebeat: apegang wouldn't have been an issue for those folks on the staff team that didn't like em kek

btw nice slur
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
I'm sure if other people were saying slurs Damien probably would've warn them. Other staff would probably do the same if they were in this situation, Damien just does his job well. If Duans ban really was bs he could always put up an appeal, heckling someone won't make it better. Going on a rant about Damien just makes you worse and does not help anyone at all. Just take the week ban, it's not a long time

Damn every time there is a retarded unban thread there always seems to be a common denominator in them

+1 reduction wtf is this
(03-02-2023, 07:34 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: This thread reads like you got banned for baiting with a homophobic slur and decided to shit on Damien for doing what he's supposed to lmfao

-1 wait out that threshold ban
Hello Laced.
I have the print screens of the conversation of people in chat talking about it following up to me writing "what efslur", but imgur won't let me make an account since I'm "out of region", and I tried using imgBB but everytime I insert the image it just shows a symbol and not the link.

https://ibb.co/4sZkpB4 
https://ibb.co/SywW09V
Does this work? or is it just a dead link

Most of the conversation happened over Mic and I was talking to Lean, when I heard "jawa can say it" then I quickly read through what chat was happening and asked "what eflsur" thinking like Nigga it's not a punishable offense because it's In The Game and is brit slang for ecig. 

(03-02-2023, 07:41 PM)Damien Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 07:37 PM)nyaapy Wrote: where is the intimidation? All i see is him calling you a bitch and his warn retarded?
I must've not screen capped it but he did say "you can tell me you're removing my warn" which seemed like he was trying to intimidate me. I could be using the wrong wordage tbh so I'll Strikethrough the intimidation part

[Image: image.png]
No buddy I said "you can tell me you're removing my warn" because you said something along the lines of "what do you want me to say", nobody can imtimidate anyone over a Gmod game.

Also to everyone saying I slur baited, nope, I'm British and the FSLUR is common use everyday for Ciggarette, which is why when it was in the context of a vape I thought it was harmless. It was a mistake with me forgetting British Privlidge doesn't exist on the server, not slur baiting.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
I get that you're British so I kinda see where you're coming from with that argument. But it still doesn't make it ok to say. Just because you are doesn't mean you get to say it. You should still be aware of the environment you're in. I feel like you should know by now that you shouldn't be saying words that may resemble known slurs on the server even if they can have an alternate meaning. Even if others are like "Jawa can say it." Others aren't always right. Saying that is still considered baiting a homophobic slur here. Think before you say it.

As for arguing with Damien over it, this frankly felt inevitable. Especially after your posts about Damien on Goose's thread and what you told me. IMO it's clear to me that you have some issues with him that should be resolved. I'm not sure why you're going after him for this. Also saying things here like "I don't expect to be unbanned because anyone who upsets Damien doesn't seem to end up unbanned" is just uncalled for and unworthy of an unban imo. So-1, I think you should just wait it out.

If you claim to be careful about not getting warns then you can learn from this too for next time and be more diligent. Think before you speak.  We all learn from our mistakes too. I'd also suggest not trying to go after Damien for just doing his job.
(03-02-2023, 07:37 PM)nyaapy Wrote: where is the intimidation? All i see is him calling you a bitch and calling his warn retarded? Did Yeat warn him for harassment and then Bryan warned for the same instance as well? or was it just bryan that warned?
i warned jawa for harrassment as damien did not want jawa to continue messaging him. bryan did not warn anyone for anything, he only handled the bans that were necessary as neither I nor damien could do as we are both test mods (no power to ban).

I believe jawa was upset because as people have stated before the rules don't cover every single possibility or situation that happens. So, there has to be some staff discretion when shit goes down and damien excercised that for a previous warn (goose) that led to a ban. For anyone that doesn't know staff discretion means is that some people get a verbal warn from staff (no real warn points) and some get actual warns (warn points that can accumulate for a ban). jawa brought up that this has happened before with slurs and such as other staff have done a verbal instead of an actual warn. This is understandable that jawa got heated because he was upset that some people are just given another chance for their actions while some just instantly get warned. I can get heated sometimes in the moment and i feel like jawa was heated and wanted to tell damien how he felt, however right or wrong he may have been. Though, damien was just doing what he was supposed to do (staff discretion where the rules do not cover) and received backlash. 

I know its stupid and all thinking everyone can get along just fine but i hate seeing stuff like this bring discontent between players on dinks it just makes me sad. I hate playing sides and while jawa did get a certain amount of warns to get banned, all that shit aside jawa is a funny guy and plays on this server every day, and while i can't advocate for an unban, i can for a reduction.

edit: as for the f slur this has been said multiple times, whenever it is said either way of meaning the slur or the british word for cigarette, its warnable. ex: the t slur (transmission for car guys is shortened vs the t slur).
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
"I get that you're British so I kinda see where you're coming from with that argument. But it still doesn't make it ok to say. Just because you are doesn't mean you get to say it. You should still be aware of the environment you're in. I feel like you should know by now that you shouldn't be saying words that may resemble known slurs on the server even if they can have an alternate meaning. Even if others are like "Jawa can say it." Others aren't always right. Saying that is still considered baiting a homophobic slur here. Think before you say it."
Hey Gabe,
As Damien mentioned before, there were two other mods on the server at the time, there wasn't any correction or any warnings about the conversation or the word, making me think since it's written on a Vape and in the Game its nothing serious. I've been on this server for how long, if I was going to be a jerk I would've done it, this was a slip up due to all the other tiny details. 

"As for arguing with Damien over it, this frankly felt inevitable. Especially after your posts about Damien on Goose's thread and what you told me. IMO it's clear to me that you have some issues with him that should be resolved. I'm not sure why you're going after him for this. Also saying things here like "I don't expect to be unbanned because anyone who upsets Damien doesn't seem to end up unbanned" is just uncalled for and unworthy of an unban imo. So-1, I think you should just wait it out."
This is why I find it funny it had to be with Damien this comes under over, but Damien can speak for himself that before then everything was fine, jokes back and forth for hours, I can put my feelings away easily and "forgive" in my own self-righteous way (i.e. if I think someones done something wrong), but this event really is by itself. 
Also I make those uncalled comments because I know the outcome, I know certain staff members can slur bait with no issue, say crazy shit no issue, but when someone says something half as bad, bring down the ban hammer. I know it because I see it and now am an example of it. 
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]