oi bruv this aint no joke
Jar jar binks here is cool man. Don't know why we have children staffing. Honestly feel like the current iteration of rules and their implementation are slowly rotting this server from the inside out. +1 ban reduction
Considering just the other day you were telling people to use british homophobic slurs, I don't buy the whole "but I'm british" excuse
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(03-02-2023, 08:21 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: Considering just the other day you were telling people to use british homophobic slurs, I don't buy the whole "but I'm british" excuse
Hey tief, I haven't seen you in a game in months, what are you referring too? 

Also just to clear up what I'm saying with this unban request because it is ranty. 
1. I wasn't trying to slurbait, anyone who knows me knows if I'm slur baiting or being cheeky it's with a single letter, F or N, nothing more.
2. In the pictures I showed (hope they work), I showed there was a conversation going on without me involved, and I only got involved when I heard my name, it wasn't a set up to slur bait, it was talking about a very real Vape in-game.
3. Multiple mods being on and seeing nothing in chat or hearing anything about "calm down" made me believe nothing being discussed was overthetop or edging on warnings. 
4. I didn't deserve the instant warn for an obvious mistake within the context. Every staff I've played with has always PM warned me if I'm edging on being warned, and I have ALWAYS calmed down, this was the first time a staff member didn't speak to me and after the fact refused to talk to me about it. Which leads to 
5. My anger at Damien for not even wanting to talk and just dismissing me gave me vibes of arrogance, no other staff has acted like this, I raged but kept myself composed enough not to name call (besides calling him a big bitch), and stopped messaging him after less then a minute. I cannot see this as harrassment, especially since I left the server afterwards to cool off and give Damien some peace, showing in my mind, I wasn't trying to harrass.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
Posting for Misstie because she is currently banned for shitposting and getting a little too lost in the sauce.
"I get that here in the US it is a slur, but honestly british people should be cut a little bit of slack. I think a verbal warning or reminder that its a slur to almost everyone else should suffice. Secondly, bothering staff about an issue consistently honestly should not run the risk of catching a warn for a harassment. It should it be its own warn that has a smaller weight, harassment should be saved for actual harassment. +1 for unban." -Misstie6731
Also +1 from me, this whole thing seems stupid as well. I don't know why the vape is even called that in the first place. free my other n word with an a at the end of it.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(03-02-2023, 08:28 PM)Jawa Wrote: snip
??? I was literally on at the same time as you like twice this week lol you need to stop lying in these threads, you even directly complained to me for warning another guest for slurring
You were telling people that "poof" or something is a british homophobic slur that they can use
And no, most staff mute and awarn when someone says a slur that is explicitly listed as not allowed in the guidelines
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(03-02-2023, 08:36 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: sniperoo
That was an Australian insult, I said in Britain and America it isn't considered a slur so instead of dropping F bombs you could drop that since people aren't offended by it. It was a conversation I was having with Milk, should have spoke up if it bothered you in any way.
Also that night was Edgy Hour, with people playing Hang Man with non-rule breaking slurs (i.e. everyone was using slurs that wasn't bannable), including Damien here, which again is why I thought having that conversation was worthless with the amount of fun edginess going on. Context is important Tief, you had me worried there that I actually was a bad-man.
inb4 this thread also gets 7 pages of back-and-forth
former admin2
(03-02-2023, 08:46 PM)Deadpool Wrote: inb4 this thread also gets 7 pages of back-and-forth
well then shut the thread and unban me <3
im only banned for the "harassment" case, which was less of minute of anger before logging off to cool off
(03-02-2023, 08:44 PM)Jawa Wrote: Also that night was Edgy Hour, with people playing Hang Man with non-rule breaking slurs (i.e. everyone was using slurs that wasn't bannable), including Damien here, which again is why I thought having that conversation was worthless with the amount of fun edginess going on.
What are you even saying? Are you implying that I was putting slurs on the hangman? If so that's just a straight up lie lol.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:712188438
Ban length is 1 week

Reason: Active warn threshold exceeded 22 points
Warning History:
  • 10/23/2022: Slurs (expired)
  • 10/25/2022: Pedophilic Comment (No expiration)
  • 03/02/2023: Slurs (expires in 3 months)
  • 03/02/2023: Harassment (expires in 6 months)
Slurs warning is legitimate and shouldn't be removed. I feel that the punishment is proper given that you have a previous formal warning for slurs, something that you, as a member of this community for several months now, should know anyway isn't permissible. Had you not been warned previously, perhaps some slack could be cut, as we don't declare that particular word as a slur in our rules. But since you have a prior warning, I don't see the argument about "not knowing" as applicable here.

As for the harassment? Probably a bit of a stretch, but you did make your own bed when someone asked you to leave them alone and you chose to ignore that request. You could have gone to the forums, and made an abuse request, if you felt that Damien was abusing his staffing powers. Instead, you chose to keep DMing him, and left him no choice but to escalate to another warning.

In hindsight flaming would probably have been a better warning, but would still have resulted in the warning threshold being reached. Perhaps had that pedophilic comment warning been appealed prior to today (you've had 4 months to appeal it but haven't done so, and from what I understand that may have been excessive), this wouldn't have been an issue.

All things considered an unban or reduction to 3 days seems fair in the totality of the circumstances, I feel the current timeout is enough to get you to cool down and leave others alone when they ask to be left alone.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks