oi bruv this aint no joke
(03-03-2023, 01:00 PM)Jawa Wrote: 3. For those who think I deserve the warns because of my past warns, the first Warning I got was my 3rd day on the sever when a lovely young unamed Jewish player after learning I was from Britain asked me how would I ask for a cigarette in bri'ish, I said "oi mate can i have a fslur", that was my first warn, fresh baby on the server, not me being toxic, but me not knowing the server well enough yet.
3a. The second warning both Damien and Nazu have said they don't know why I was given it (nazu gave it), and that originally I had to ask Damien permission for it to be gone, Damien said it was Nazu who gave it so he needed the permission, I went back to Nazu and he told me to ask Bryan, when Bryan was in a game I asked him but with no response (in hindsight I should've done a Unwarn Request or contacted over Discord). 

Only since its becoming relevant the second warn (the 10 pointer) which people have forgotten why it was given was given for you asking Damien "How long have you been playing with children hmm?" when to quote your message to me about it "when the 9 year old in your server said he remembers Damien from another server." That warn was given like 4 months ago so I can see why someone would have forgotten why it was given.
(03-03-2023, 01:11 PM)chibill Wrote: Only since its becoming relevant the second warn (the 10 pointer) which people have forgotten why it was given was given for you asking Damien "How long have you been playing with children hmm?" when to quote your message to me about it "when the 9 year old in your server said he remembers Damien from another server." That warn was given like 4 months ago so I can see why someone would have forgotten why it was given.
Yes Chibill the context being everyone was calling him Damiens brother and that Damien was a child, when the kid (awesomelilbuddy) said he saw Damien on another server the comment I made was Damien playing with children (not like that, think playing with your younger brother in the park) because he was a child. I'm sure if I wasn't a Guest at the time it wouldn't been taken out of context, I also messaged you Chibill the context and that it wasn't meant that way. And I've told both Nazu and Damien that sentence, and they seem to get that it was taken out of context, I'd still appeal it even if you don't want to add the context.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
(03-03-2023, 12:17 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I have to agree with what EpicGuy stated. Damien, this was nothing compared to what others have been through for harassment, myself included. I feel this whole thing was taken outta proportion and now have evolved into this giant forums post. Now just because I don’t agree with how Damien handled this situation does not mean I think Jawa should’ve said what he did but then you have the point that EpicGuy brought up. We can say some slurs but not all makes no sense and Jawa was not referring to the word in a malicious way. I have never had an issue with Jawa personally so to see him get banned and all this go down over a potential slur is crazy. I am +1 for full unban and removal of any warns distributed. This should have been handled much differently.
Yeah I think the handling here was the issue. It could have been a lot more proactive and thought out. Possibly even discussed before action was taken
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(03-03-2023, 01:21 PM)Jawa Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 01:11 PM)chibill Wrote: Only since its becoming relevant the second warn (the 10 pointer) which people have forgotten why it was given was given for you asking Damien "How long have you been playing with children hmm?" when to quote your message to me about it "when the 9 year old in your server said he remembers Damien from another server." That warn was given like 4 months ago so I can see why someone would have forgotten why it was given.
Yes Chibill the context being everyone was calling him Damiens brother and that Damien was a child, when the kid (awesomelilbuddy) said he saw Damien on another server the comment I made was Damien playing with children (not like that, think playing with your younger brother in the park) because he was a child. I'm sure if I wasn't a Guest at the time it wouldn't been taken out of context, I also messaged you Chibill the context and that it wasn't meant that way. And I've told both Nazu and Damien that sentence, and they seem to get that it was taken out of context, I'd still appeal it even if you don't want to add the context.
Just want everyone to understand the message to me (since I was off the server at the time) was on the forums so I was not involved in the warn at all. https://imgur.com/a/4u81z98
(03-03-2023, 02:05 PM)chibill Wrote: Just want everyone to understand the message to me (since I was off the server at the time) was on the forums so I was not involved in the warn at all. https://imgur.com/a/4u81z98

I do notice a theme that the only times I've ever been in trouble is when a member of staff does something sus then punishes someone for doing something half bad.
Difference between then and now is that I've been super careful not to say anything that could be taken out of context like with Nazu, I was still a Guest when I messaged you for help back then Chibill, I've learnt a lot and not gotten into any trouble since 6 months on, this case I would argue is similar in that a member of Staff can act in their own way but hand out punishments to people for making innocent mistakes and act different with different people. I.E. Damien gives a verbal warning for writing Nig Nog on a wall, but gives a instant ban for someone clarifying a word that was being used in the game on a Vape. And the follow up with being told to Shut Up and Get Over It when I show that I'm bothered by it wasn't wise either. 
I still believe the warning was bullshit and out of context, I still believe judging me when I'm angry over being punished for something I didn't intend to do (i.e. make a pedophilic comment with nazu, and F Slur with Damien) is unfair, but that's for a different time if I try repealing it, this is about a member of staff mishandling a situation and making it worse as the games went on until I blew up. 

EDIT: This still proves I don't have a history of being some mass slurring Troll who most obviously be slur baiting in this case, you can punish me when I am but this isn't one of those times.

(ALSO you exposed it was Goose who set me up with the British Ciggie quesiton :( I was trying to be discreet) 
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
Tbh i can't be assed to read 6 pages of replies but just based off of my experience with Jawa & the little replies i did read, massive +1 for an unban.

I mean, i myself have 8 warn points for slurs which like Jawa, i did not really know were considered slurs. Ofc our fault for not reading the rules 100% but lets be honest, most people learn by mistakes not by reading every single rule in the Motd & since Jawa is very active within the community, he just happened to say the wrong thing at the wrong time which i see as a very easy to make mistake.

Idk just my random take, i feel like i really understand Jawa's side & he clearly isn't the type of person to actually be racist/sexist/whatever. Just some (bad) memes or whatever that two sides felt different about.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
Why the hell do we even have an item with that name on the server?
+1 for a reduction, this all seems like a huge overreaction and Jawa definitely didn't do anything malicious here.
(03-03-2023, 03:34 PM)Kaiwan Wrote: Why the hell do we even have an item with that name on the server?
+1 for a reduction, this all seems like a huge overreaction and Jawa definitely didn't do anything malicious here.
Take a glace at the addon author's workshop page and you'll be quick to understand why the vapes have that inscription. That being said, its so small and minute it requires a bunch of fidgeting in spectator mode to even see. Hardly worth the effort to change and removing the addon will erase some of the charm this server has.

...would remaking it be that bad? I can shit out a vape model in like 5 mins, and Lua doesn't seem too hard...
+1 for jawa to be unbanned. Staff needs to be ready to take some heat especially when you warn over something that may be at staffs discretion.
Seems like staff needs to have a meeting of the minds to talk to the junior members about some things. Because this is the second appeal in 2 days having to do with someone.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
Called it
Edit: +0 I'm too busy playing farcry to know what this thread is about
former admin2