Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess Who's Back? Prop Hunt: Bork & Beans Trusted App
bork did a great job as a donor, i see making him a mod is a good idea +1
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
(03-10-2023, 05:28 PM)Blu Wrote: bork did a great job as a donor, i see making him a mod is a good idea +1
Thanks BLU :)
Are you ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah? 
(03-08-2023, 08:58 AM)Bork & Beans Wrote:
Ingame Name: Bork and Beans (Early 2018 players may have known me as Mosh Pit Shaka Brah).

Steam ID: 76561198006701392 STEAM_0:0:23217832

Time Played: 214 Hours. Total Playtime is at 1 month, 1 week, and 2 days.

When First Joined: Early 2018. Played through till the end of the year, stopped until I came back two months ago. 2018-2019 then 2023 I picked back up.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): My availability is a bit varied but here we go.
Monday-Friday: I wake up at 4AM, leave for work at 6AM. I usually get an hour or two in each morning. In the evenings after 4PM I can usually put in a few more hours.
Friday is usually my game night so I usually stay on till late.
Saturday and Sunday I can play all day unless I have plans, so usually I get at least 5 hours each day. In total I would say a minimum of 20 hours a week I’m on, but usually more. Mountain Time Zone.
However, I cannot exceed this time amount too often. I’ve realized I need a healthy life balance of work, working out, and gaming and want to perserve that.

Rank Desired: I’ve been Trusted Before. Asking for Trusted Again and have no intentions of going higher than that due to time commitments.

Current Rank: Donor (Formerly Trusted in 2018/2019 but was short lived)

What can you do to help the community?: I wake up very, very early so I can help to staff the early mornings which I have seen frequent issues on. I have good standing with the other donors (although we have lots of healthy, fun arguments :P). I’m a bit of a social bug too so I can help grow the community too.

Why do you want to help the community?: What motivates you to help us? I love all you guys. There was a reason I had to leave for awhile but coming back I realized everyone on this server is so friendly, and even if the people change, the experiences don’t. I enjoy my time more than anything. I see some issues I want to help on (and am limited by being a donor).

Have you previously been banned? : Banned No. Long before when I first started I was kicked a lot of time farming but I haven’t done anything like that for years. I try to follow the rules best as I can.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): See following link for (Approved) Trusted Rank application: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...Shaka+Brah

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Screenshots yes, video is a bit flaky due to an issue with a capture device installed but should work.

How did you find us?: I pretty much went through all the prop hunt servers. Liked this community the most without question. Also seems to have less screaming kids on most of the time. :P 

Other: In 2019 I was still recovering from a bad breakup, and two jobs that wore on my mental health a lot. I had a lot of stuff going on and I applied to become Trusted and got it. Almost immediately I realized I couldn’t handle it. It took a long time, but I got my life in order, down to one job (that I actually enjoy) and significantly better mental health. While I miss a lot of my old friends like monarch, wolf and shank, I’ve made lots of new friends like Pander, Carson, Megz, Blu, Thafry, Fofab, etc. I mean seriously the list goes on so long I can’t even remember everyone). Everyone greets me every time I come on and that warms my heart a lot. So even if I don’t get this approved, I just want to say I am so happy you guys are so friendly. :) 

Love y'all. :)  Heart

I think bork would be good and trusted mod/staff for the community! I vote Bork  :P

I've been playing for 3 months on this server on and off really but the majority of the time Bork was in the server too and I can say he looks after the server a lot. I think he would be a very good trusted mod/staff for the community we all love. I think he should definitely be accepted as staff for the PH server!!!!
(03-11-2023, 08:15 AM)Stephanosss02x Wrote:
Ingame Name: Bork and Beans (Early 2018 players may have known me as Mosh Pit Shaka Brah).

When First Joined: Early 2018. Played through till the end of the year, stopped until I came back two months ago. 2018-2019 then 2023 I picked back up.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): My availability is a bit varied but here we go.
Monday-Friday: I wake up at 4AM, leave for work at 6AM. I usually get an hour or two in each morning. In the evenings after 4PM I can usually put in a few more hours.
Saturday and Sunday I can play all day unless I have plans, so usually I get at least 5 hours each day. In total I would say a minimum of 20 hours a week I’m on, but usually more. Mountain Time Zone.
However, I cannot exceed this time amount too often. I’ve realized I need a healthy life balance of work, working out, and gaming and want to perserve that.

Rank Desired: I’ve been Trusted Before. Asking for Trusted Again and have no intentions of going higher than that due to time commitments.

What can you do to help the community?: I wake up very, very early so I can help to staff the early mornings which I have seen frequent issues on. I have good standing with the other donors (although we have lots of healthy, fun arguments :P). I’m a bit of a social bug too so I can help grow the community too.

Why do you want to help the community?: What motivates you to help us? I love all you guys. There was a reason I had to leave for awhile but coming back I realized everyone on this server is so friendly, and even if the people change, the experiences don’t. I enjoy my time more than anything. I see some issues I want to help on (and am limited by being a donor).

Have you previously been banned? : Banned No. Long before when I first started I was kicked a lot of time farming but I haven’t done anything like that for years. I try to follow the rules best as I can.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): See following link for (Approved) Trusted Rank application: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...Shaka+Brah

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Screenshots yes, video is a bit flaky due to an issue with a capture device installed but should work.

How did you find us?: I pretty much went through all the prop hunt servers. Liked this community the most without question. Also seems to have less screaming kids on most of the time. :P 

Other: In 2019 I was still recovering from a bad breakup, and two jobs that wore on my mental health a lot. I had a lot of stuff going on and I applied to become Trusted and got it. Almost immediately I realized I couldn’t handle it. It took a long time, but I got my life in order, down to one job (that I actually enjoy) and significantly better mental health. While I miss a lot of my old friends like monarch, wolf and shank, I’ve made lots of new friends like Pander, Carson, Megz, Blu, Thafry, Fofab, etc. I mean seriously the list goes on so long I can’t even remember everyone). Everyone greets me every time I come on and that warms my heart a lot. So even if I don’t get this approved, I just want to say I am so happy you guys are so friendly. :) 

I think bork would be good and trusted mod/staff for the community! I vote Bork  :P

I've been playing for 3 months on this server on and off really but the majority of the time Bork was in the server too and I can say he looks after the server a lot. I think he would be a very good trusted mod/staff for the community we all love. I think he should definitely be accepted as staff for the PH server!!!!
Thanks a million for the kind words! It's been fun playing with you. :)

As a donor and watching Bork i believe him to be a good staff member and would help the dinkleberg community out alot. He is a good understanding soul ,calm and not hot tempered ,flat on the earth kinda guy. Heart
Thanks CableGuy it's been lots of fun talking and playing with ya. if approved I hope I don't let ya down! Thanks for the comments. :D
[Image: IMG_6145.png]
???????? ??????
I really need to play with you more to get a better opinion of you tbh, but I have interacted with you a fair bit on discord more than the server itself. I think you're alright. You have a clear understanding of the rules which is a crucial plus. You're friendly, you've built some good relationships in the community, and overall have been a positive impact on the server as a whole. Love that!

My hesitancy right now mainly stems from your uncertainty and from a conversation had yesterday on discord regarding donor guidelines and what donors can and cannot do. Despite a few of us basically spoon-feeding you the info and giving you links to source material and the guidelines themselves, you still had a pretty extreme reaction to it all.  The donor guidelines have been pretty clear cut for a while now, being updated by fish last year, yet your hesitancy on them reportedly came from a staff member four years ago. A staff member that isn't even here anymore. Even despite all our info, you still elected to not even use your commands on server.

Now all that being said, if you became staff then I think this would alleviate that issue, but I'm still a little unsure about how you would handle other issues down the road.

Overall I don't know, so I'm just going to remain in a big NEUTRAL zone here. Best of luck to you, my dude!
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(03-13-2023, 03:26 PM)August Wrote: I really need to play with you more to get a better opinion of you tbh, but I have interacted with you a fair bit on discord more than the server itself. I think you're alright. You have a clear understanding of the rules which is a crucial plus. You're friendly, you've built some good relationships in the community, and overall have been a positive impact on the server as a whole. Love that!

My hesitancy right now mainly stems from your uncertainty and from a conversation had yesterday on discord regarding donor guidelines and what donors can and cannot do. Despite a few of us basically spoon-feeding you the info and giving you links to source material and the guidelines themselves, you still had a pretty extreme reaction to it all.  The donor guidelines have been pretty clear cut for a while now, being updated by fish last year, yet your hesitancy on them reportedly came from a staff member four years ago. A staff member that isn't even here anymore. Even despite all our info, you still elected to not even use your commands on server.

Now all that being said, if you became staff then I think this would alleviate that issue, but I'm still a little unsure about how you would handle other issues down the road.

Overall I don't know, so I'm just going to remain in a big NEUTRAL zone here. Best of luck to you, my dude!
I can totally understand being neutral here. My Biggest issue was that for a lot of clarification, The guides are only so helpful. Obviously things have changed since I last played but donor powers were basically "Don't use them when there is staff on, gag when necessary and mention to staff when on (this was before discord was used). Now, obviously stuff has changed but I kept getting conflicting directions on when to alert staff. I understand this better now. 
I was (and maybe still am) a bit concerned to use my powers until (obviously if) I became a Trusted Member. I fear being banned despite trying to help. I can agree that I was honestly being a bit pedantic in saying I wouldn't use my powers, but it was just a bit frustrating. The long story short was a lot of old donors became donors because of constant mic spammers that were ruining the game. And a big factor of me wanting to become Trusted again was seeing the early mornings looking like it used to (which is not good). 
I do agree that I believe my issue as well would likely be alleviated if I did become Trusted, but I hundred percent understand any hesitancy. I think the manic responses of everyone responding on discord didn't help, but I had really not helpful responses from staff on the forums (deleted, because it was impacting my reputation score) when people basically said "If you don't like it, become staff" which I felt was just... not a great response. 
I'm hoping if, this does get approved things can change, including myself, and am looking forward to the possibility of working with you and the other staff. 
Heart And if you want to get to know me more in game I usually play in the evenings after 5 most often.
Self bump, hope that's cool. :)