Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess Who's Back? Prop Hunt: Bork & Beans Trusted App
Ingame Name: Bork and Beans (Early 2018 players may have known me as Mosh Pit Shaka Brah).

Steam ID: 76561198006701392 STEAM_0:0:23217832

Time Played: 214 Hours. Total Playtime is at 1 month, 1 week, and 2 days.

When First Joined: Early 2018. Played through till the end of the year, stopped until I came back two months ago. 2018-2019 then 2023 I picked back up.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): My availability is a bit varied but here we go.
Monday-Friday: I wake up at 4AM, leave for work at 6AM. I usually get an hour or two in each morning. In the evenings after 4PM I can usually put in a few more hours.
Friday is usually my game night so I usually stay on till late.
Saturday and Sunday I can play all day unless I have plans, so usually I get at least 5 hours each day. In total I would say a minimum of 20 hours a week I’m on, but usually more. Mountain Time Zone.
However, I cannot exceed this time amount too often. I’ve realized I need a healthy life balance of work, working out, and gaming and want to perserve that.

Rank Desired: I’ve been Trusted Before. Asking for Trusted Again and have no intentions of going higher than that due to time commitments.

Current Rank: Donor (Formerly Trusted in 2018/2019 but was short lived)

What can you do to help the community?: I wake up very, very early so I can help to staff the early mornings which I have seen frequent issues on. I have good standing with the other donors (although we have lots of healthy, fun arguments :P). I’m a bit of a social bug too so I can help grow the community too.

Why do you want to help the community?: What motivates you to help us? I love all you guys. There was a reason I had to leave for awhile but coming back I realized everyone on this server is so friendly, and even if the people change, the experiences don’t. I enjoy my time more than anything. I see some issues I want to help on (and am limited by being a donor).

Have you previously been banned? : Banned No. Long before when I first started I was kicked a lot of time farming but I haven’t done anything like that for years. I try to follow the rules best as I can.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): See following link for (Approved) Trusted Rank application: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...Shaka+Brah

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Screenshots yes, video is a bit flaky due to an issue with a capture device installed but should work.

How did you find us?: I pretty much went through all the prop hunt servers. Liked this community the most without question. Also seems to have less screaming kids on most of the time. :P 

Other: In 2019 I was still recovering from a bad breakup, and two jobs that wore on my mental health a lot. I had a lot of stuff going on and I applied to become Trusted and got it. Almost immediately I realized I couldn’t handle it. It took a long time, but I got my life in order, down to one job (that I actually enjoy) and significantly better mental health. While I miss a lot of my old friends like monarch, wolf and shank, I’ve made lots of new friends like Pander, Carson, Megz, Blu, Thafry, Fofab, etc. I mean seriously the list goes on so long I can’t even remember everyone). Everyone greets me every time I come on and that warms my heart a lot. So even if I don’t get this approved, I just want to say I am so happy you guys are so friendly. :) 

Love y'all. :)  Heart
Are you ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah? 
I'm saddened to see no comments. :(
I'm curious why do you desire trusted when you can do almost the same stuff as a donor since you really have intention of going higher in the ranks it seems strange I'm sorry if i have worded this poorly and hope to you see in-game !
[Image: crimson.gif]

Carson sweats too much.

[Image: 1V8jMf6.png]
(03-09-2023, 08:05 AM)[Green] [Floor] [Black]Brahma Wrote: I'm curious why do you desire trusted when you can do almost the same stuff as a donor since you really have intention of going higher in the ranks it seems strange I'm sorry if i have worded this poorly and hope to you see in-game !

Green, Thanks for responding. Was beginning to winder of the forum was broke. I want those few extra privileges to help (mostly) in the morning. It's been very, very insane some mornings lately with team switching, ghosting, mic spam, and racial comments. When asked if something could be done, I was basically told that almost no staff is on that early, so there is some tangible benefit for the server. !Forceswap alone would help a lot with this.
Hey Bork & Beans,

Nice to see you're re-applying for staff. I wanna go over my personal positives, negatives, and other things I have towards you. 

Negatives:
  • You seem to "staff" sometimes without pinging staff on the Discord. I understand this may have been due to you not being able to access your Discord account. I would like to see you ping staff whenever there are issues as a Donor until you get Trusted (if accepted). The command to ping staff is !ph-on-call-staff.
  • You took a long break, but you seem to be pretty active again. 

Positives: 
  • No previous bans. Keep this up! 
  • Never really been punished at all. Just a warning by me for drawing something not PG-13 or below. 
  • You play a lot. Don't get burnt out (this is ironic of me saying this lol), but active staff is nice! (again this is not a diss towards any staff member).
  • You want to make sure the server is a fun and safe place for everyone to play. 
  • You post ban requests. Keep doing this. I see you have a zero tolerance towards rule-breakers, great to see you have taken the time to submit ban requests. Make sure though that the ban requests are for bannable offenses though, not the little stuff. Just ping staff with the command I stated above.
  • You have been staff previously, so you have a good understanding of the rules, but if you need a refresher, the rules can be found here.

Other: 
  • IDK anything else. Feel like I already summarized everything I have towards you personally lol
Anyways with all that said I'm gonna say +1 for now, but I would like to see you more active in the Discord and pings when stuff happens in the server. Good luck!  :)

Edit: I'm going to change my opinion to a -1 due to the fact that you're not pinging staff when consistent problems occur and unfamiliarity of PH rules. I suggest waiting a bit if you do decide to re-apply if you dont get accepted.
???????? ??????
(03-09-2023, 07:26 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: Hey Bork & Beans,

Nice to see you're re-applying for staff. I wanna go over my personal positives, negatives, and other things I have towards you. 

Negatives:
  • You seem to "staff" sometimes without pinging staff on the Discord. I understand this may have been due to you not being able to access your Discord account. I would like to see you ping staff whenever there are issues as a Donor until you get Trusted (if accepted). The command to ping staff is !ph-on-call-staff.
  • You took a long break, but you seem to be pretty active again. 

Positives: 
  • No previous bans. Keep this up! 
  • Never really been punished at all. Just a warning by me for drawing something not PG-13 or below. 
  • You play a lot. Don't get burnt out (this is ironic of me saying this lol), but active staff is nice! (again this is not a diss towards any staff member).
  • You want to make sure the server is a fun and safe place for everyone to play. 
  • You post ban requests. Keep doing this. I see you have a zero tolerance towards rule-breakers, great to see you have taken the time to submit ban requests. Make sure though that the ban requests are for bannable offenses though, not the little stuff. Just ping staff with the command I stated above.
  • You have been staff previously, so you have a good understanding of the rules, but if you need a refresher, the rules can be found here.

Other: 
  • IDK anything else. Feel like I already summarized everything I have towards you personally lol
Anyways with all that said I'm gonna say +1 for now, but I would like to see you more active in the Discord and pings when stuff happens in the server. Good luck!  :)

Thank you harmless, I finally fixed discord (took a long time to get Discord to fix the issue), so I will ping more for sure. Thanks. 
Pretty cool guy, also helps out on the server when he can. Apparently he also did pretty good when he was staff before.
+1
[Image: image.png]
(03-09-2023, 07:43 PM)Carson Wrote: Pretty cool guy, also helps out on the server when he can. Apparently he also did pretty good when he was staff before.
+1
Thank you Carson, that feedback means a lot. :)
as per previous comments, you don't call for staff when staff is needed. instead, you take matters into your own hands it sseems.

i dont know man. doesnt seem legit.

Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(03-10-2023, 01:53 AM)sad_ti84 Wrote: -1.
as per previous comments, you don't call for staff when staff is needed. instead, you take matters into your own hands it sseems.

i dont know man. doesnt seem legit.

Please understand the message is direct, but I do not mean to come across rude. Simply sincere about issues. 
Thank you for your feedback, do have to counter it a bit though. I was unable to call staff because I have been locked out of discord for two years. It's finally been fixed, and I've only been active on discord for three days. Thanks to Harmless_Potato's feedback I will be using the command now that I have access to it. 
As far as "take matters into my own hands" goes, I give multiple warnings, following the staff rules. It's usually only gags, with the rare warnings to people to go back to there correct teams when there is no staff on. 
There has been an ENORMOUS amount of issues going on in the early morning with mic spammers and racial comments which staff gets informed on when they logged onto the server (now which will be notified via Discord) that nobody was handling. And during other times when no staff was on, like when its only a couple donors on a server we get absolutely hosed by spammers. Clearly notifying staff will help but it doesn't much for an immediate fix. When informing higher staff I was even told that there is basically no one on that early (which to not fault to their own) but I am. 
As also stated, I am firm with the rules. I don't take BS but I'm not abusing power, I give warnings vocal and over text. There is far more destabilizing this server than helping it in my opinion, which is why I think we're seeing more Donors like me wanting to step up (and Harmless Potato wanting to move up as well, which I wholly support). Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am surprised to see a -1 from a player I am 99% sure I have never played with. I've been on the server A LOT the past 2 months and I don't recall ever playing with you so I feel personally that it is an unfair judgement. Please feel free to look through chat logs with handling rule breakers if you have access because I don't think I've overstepped my bounds. 
Clearly there was a transgression with not notifying staff due to technical issues but I was using Donor powers otherwise within my rules.