Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess Who's Back? Prop Hunt: Bork & Beans Trusted App
(03-13-2023, 03:26 PM)August Wrote: I really need to play with you more to get a better opinion of you tbh, but I have interacted with you a fair bit on discord more than the server itself. I think you're alright. You have a clear understanding of the rules which is a crucial plus. You're friendly, you've built some good relationships in the community, and overall have been a positive impact on the server as a whole. Love that!

My hesitancy right now mainly stems from your uncertainty and from a conversation had yesterday on discord regarding donor guidelines and what donors can and cannot do. Despite a few of us basically spoon-feeding you the info and giving you links to source material and the guidelines themselves, you still had a pretty extreme reaction to it all.  The donor guidelines have been pretty clear cut for a while now, being updated by fish last year, yet your hesitancy on them reportedly came from a staff member four years ago. A staff member that isn't even here anymore. Even despite all our info, you still elected to not even use your commands on server.

Now all that being said, if you became staff then I think this would alleviate that issue, but I'm still a little unsure about how you would handle other issues down the road.

Overall I don't know, so I'm just going to remain in a big NEUTRAL zone here. Best of luck to you, my dude!
I can totally understand being neutral here. My Biggest issue was that for a lot of clarification, The guides are only so helpful. Obviously things have changed since I last played but donor powers were basically "Don't use them when there is staff on, gag when necessary and mention to staff when on (this was before discord was used). Now, obviously stuff has changed but I kept getting conflicting directions on when to alert staff. I understand this better now. 
I was (and maybe still am) a bit concerned to use my powers until (obviously if) I became a Trusted Member. I fear being banned despite trying to help. I can agree that I was honestly being a bit pedantic in saying I wouldn't use my powers, but it was just a bit frustrating. The long story short was a lot of old donors became donors because of constant mic spammers that were ruining the game. And a big factor of me wanting to become Trusted again was seeing the early mornings looking like it used to (which is not good). 
I do agree that I believe my issue as well would likely be alleviated if I did become Trusted, but I hundred percent understand any hesitancy. I think the manic responses of everyone responding on discord didn't help, but I had really not helpful responses from staff on the forums (deleted, because it was impacting my reputation score) when people basically said "If you don't like it, become staff" which I felt was just... not a great response. 
I'm hoping if, this does get approved things can change, including myself, and am looking forward to the possibility of working with you and the other staff. 
Heart And if you want to get to know me more in game I usually play in the evenings after 5 most often.
Are you ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess Who's Back? Prop Hunt: Bork & Beans Trusted App - by Bork & Beans - 03-13-2023, 05:49 PM