Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban appeal
Ingame Name: §9ViolitheThePhantomFemdogX3

SteamID: (STEAM_0:0:602453250)

Who Banned You: Norm Minder

Reason For Ban: Telling player to Kill themself, "breaking other rules"

Length of Ban: Perma ban

Reason for Mods to Unban: I know what I said wasn't right in the slightest, but there's not many right things on your side either. Where is the ban request? where's the evidence of me breaking other rules? Why am I perma banned when I've only been banned one other time? Why wasn't I messaged about this ban like I was the last ban?

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads):[color=var(--text-link)]https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/murderbans/detail/index.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:602453250&time=1654667255- joke ban
[/color]
[color=var(--text-link)]https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/murderbans/detail/index.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:602453250&time=1655181588
-Joke ban
[/color]

[color=var(--text-link)]https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/murderbans/detail/index.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:602453250&time=1660717774-1 day RDM ban

[color=var(--text-link)]https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/murderbans/detail/index.php?steamid=STEAM_0:0:602453250&time=1675889940[/color] unrightful ban from Admin, Norm admitted to being wrong 

[/color]
Other:
Phan, I'm sorry, but the verdict from me is a big -1 from me right now.

This is the video that ultimately got you banned less than two weeks ago.

The video is short and sweet but was the nail in the coffin of a larger problem: You have a MASSIVE tendency every single time you play to be aggressive towards everyone else around you. Even simpler than that, you have a very short fuse. It never takes much to set you off, fly you into a rage, and often make you rage quit. Often times it's over completely nothing, just like this clip. Even though I haven't been all that active on murder recently, it's obvious from the above clip that this hasn't changed. 

YOU NEED A BREAK. You remind me of how I was some years back when all I did was play TTT, where I became upset and irritable every waking hour of the day for no explainable reason. I had to learn and so do you. Mind you, I do not mean to come across as mean or disrespectful here. I just want to hammer the point home that the way you have been behaving has been unacceptable and it needs change. The kind of change that takes time. I hope that this works and that in that time you mellow out. In that case we can look at bringing you back like the old days. Until then, take care of yourself and I hope life treats you well.

Until next time.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Going along with what August said, I that video really was just the final straw. Us staff have been very lenient and not every ban has to have a ban request. We also don't have to communicate about bans to you before we do them or even after since the ban itself should explain it. Lately you've been quite rude when I join while you're playing with your friend group and I've just ignored it mostly. You know the rules better than most people who play and shouldn't have issues abiding by them. I know accidents happen and I'm not completely innocent either but I try and make up for them when I do make mistakes. I have no issues giving you or others a second chance but I think you need some time away from the server. I'm going with -1 this time but I'm willing to change that in the future with enough time.
bump for more feedback
I still have not and would like to see the evidence of me "breaking multiple rules". As far as the rules go, no other rules were broken.  Also I'm "rude" to Levi because he constantly likes to trash and talk shit on me for being gay and a furry. It would always be over a little joke and even afterwards I would even apologize. At this point i'll just appeal it when it's time, but some of you staff need to do better. 

>Do not disrespect/harass players or staff

Harassing or disrespecting other players, including staff members, is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Examples of prohibited behavior include being rude to other players based on their race, gender, age, voice, mental/physical abilities, and/or asking them to do inappropriate things.

Racism is not tolerated.

Spamming players with trade requests or private messages is considered a form of harassment, as is instigating issues.

Bounties are also considered a form of harassment and are not allowed.

Should'nt these punishments be followed?

Harassment Punishments

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notifications

Warning 2: Mute/Gag for the round.

Punishment 1: Kick

Punishment 2: Ban based on severity of situation (24 hours to 1 week.)
Punishment 3: Permanent ban
(04-20-2023, 07:18 PM)§9ViolitheThePhantomFemdogX3 Wrote: I still have not and would like to see the evidence of me "breaking multiple rules". As far as the rules go, no other rules were broken.  Also I'm "rude" to Levi because he constantly likes to trash and talk shit on me for being gay and a furry. It would always be over a little joke and even afterwards I would even apologize.
You have been listed for RDM 4 times, you are constantly getting angry over very small things, you constantly spam binds (many of them being borderline nsfw, mind you). Lost and August are right, just take a break. Also, just because you haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean its not there, and if Lost is trash talking you and you take offense to it please let Norm, or any other staff know.
[Image: image.png]
(04-20-2023, 07:18 PM)§9ViolitheThePhantomFemdogX3 Wrote: I still have not and would like to see the evidence of me "breaking multiple rules". As far as the rules go, no other rules were broken.  Also I'm "rude" to Levi because he constantly likes to trash and talk shit on me for being gay and a furry. It would always be over a little joke and even afterwards I would even apologize. At this point i'll just appeal it when it's time, but some of you staff need to do better. 

-snip-

Admins (and typically mods) have the ability to do "combination" bans: a ban that takes into account offenses from multiple different rules.

The reason combination bans exist is because players in the past have intentionally tried to break different rules until the point where they would be banned for the next offense.
To counter this, admins and mods can combine offenses for different rules.  I know Norm, and he doesn't rashly make a permanent ban.

August posted the video for the "keep yourself safe" comment.  You've had issues with RDM, ghosting (Norm can choose to show the evidence, it's not my place since I'm not murder staff), general anger issues, and some...questionable...binds (such as "wags front tail").

In a way, Murder has some of the strictest rules in the Dinks community.  It's okay to be angry when you play a game, it happens to all of us.  What's not okay is letting it boil out so it affects other players.  Phantom, you've been a part of this community for a long while.  Take a break, get into the right headspace, and come back and game with us again.  You're fun to play with most of the time.

For now, I'm a -1, but if you're denied, I hope you appeal again in the future.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(04-20-2023, 07:53 PM)Carson Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 07:18 PM)§9ViolitheThePhantomFemdogX3 Wrote: I still have not and would like to see the evidence of me "breaking multiple rules". As far as the rules go, no other rules were broken.  Also I'm "rude" to Levi because he constantly likes to trash and talk shit on me for being gay and a furry. It would always be over a little joke and even afterwards I would even apologize.
You have been listed for RDM 4 times, you are constantly getting angry over very small things, you constantly spam binds (many of them being borderline nsfw, mind you). Lost and August are right, just take a break. Also, just because you haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean its not there, and if Lost is trash talking you and you take offense to it please let Norm, or any other staff know.
Why wouldn't I have been banned for RDM by the 3rd listing? What does me getting upset have to do with any part of this ban? That seems like random thing to try and pin with my ban.  I get a little upset and I either hit a bind or say some random shit in vc, there's rarely any actual anger, Even the rage quits I do for shits and giggles. My binds only get "spammed" when I accidently over-click/miss tap something on my keyboard. Any other time is just when I'm on with friends and it's one or two times. Regardless. the topics of my binds, if it was that much of an issue, then why not ask me to not use them or unbind it? I would have done it no questions asked.
Listed for RDM 4 times and has served that ban. If the spamming which i whole heartedly disagree that its spam as its never a constant thing and maybe 3 in a row, at times maybe more if its just her and her friends and no one else to bother, but again never got a ban for it. Near NSFW is quite a UGLY way to say its perfectly in line with the rules.

Angry over small things yet here we are with the only offence listed that has been punishable.
Heres the thing, if she has broken this rule in the past, And yall have not got on her for it, then that is fault of no one but yourselves and yourselves alone. coming at her now for things she broke in the past that yall chose to ignore or barely address or chose not to punish for is just downright disgusting behavior.

The fact is this has been handled horribly, the rules state one thing and you chose to do another. Many of the staff have broken rules that would lead them into not being in the position you are in, because they were chosen to be ignored. so for yall to bring in stuff that yall chose to ignore and not punish for to justify skipping the protocol that you are supposed to abide by is down right Hypocritical.

You chose to ignore past rule break that is again on you, its not fair to use those as a bases for a perma ban. Was Phantom kicked, gagged or muted not to my knowledge or phantoms. However by the off chance yall did then that still only leads into the first punishment which is what exactly... a Kick.... however no one being on besides being on a ALT(Kinda scummy) to be able to give said punishment i can see that being skipped over to the next punishment. That punishment being a 24hr to a week ban, not a perma ban. This being only her 2ed recorded ban on both Here and GBan makes this a week ban not a perma. Nowhere in the rules is it stated you can skip punishments because you chose to ignore things in the past. according to the rules she should have a week ban even if this was her second offence of saying this within the harassment rule and bans in general.

Once again yall chose to ignore past things, yall chose to not punish for those past things, that in no way justifies skipping over the protocol yall are supposed to follow when you do chose not to ignore what happened.

Combination ban does not justify this either when those past rule breaks were not punished! She only has 1 legit ban, her next offense or in this case this offense should be a week ban do to her only being at one ban. combination ban or not. 24hr, week, perma is usually how its stated everywhere in the rules besides a few exceptions.

She was never punished banned for spam.
never banned for Harassment.
never banned for exploits or anything else.
So even with a combination it should be at 2.
Just an FYI, punishment guidelines are not the be all, end all on how you can be punished for breaking a rule. They exist to guide the staff on how to deal with situations, but the severity of rule breaking (e.g. telling someone to kill themselves does fall under harassment, but is punished harsher than normal harassment) also can play a factor in how punishments are given.

A regular player who is a constant problem can also have their other punishments factored in, to show that they have had numerous chances to stop their antics and haven't, which seems to be the case here.

My advice: take a break, whether this is accepted or not, and chill out a little. You gain nothing from being an ass to others over a game.