Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban appeal
And that right there is what ive been talking about when it comes to a opinion to opinion bases for the way mods are allowed to dish out punishments. It makes the entirety of the rules and their punishments meaningless if yall just get to dictate if its a severe thing or not. Yall should not be able to go, i feel as tho this is a really severe case so im gonna skip past all the warnings and first punishments and go straight to a perma ban. Now if the situation is getting out of hand and it becomes uncontrollable thats another whole situation itself.
(04-21-2023, 04:08 PM)August Wrote: Jesus mother of god, snip your posts and use less words. TLDR your shit or something, PLEASE. This is hell.

Anyway, I stand by my original post. As Laced said very well, the guidelines in the rules are exactly that, guidelines. They’re good for understanding a general idea of punishments, but they can be escalated, skipped, or even extended depending on severity. They are NOT an exact formula. 

I do still believe you need time away, no matter if it’s voluntary or involuntary. You’re allowing your personal demons to come into the server in a bad way, and though I support you in that battle, we cannot allow others to be on the receiving end and take those bullets.

Edit: Also, if you have any proof at all about what you claimed about Leviathan, please provide it as requested above. Either via Norm or ModMail in discord.
"I do still believe you need time away, no matter if it’s voluntary or involuntary. You’re allowing your personal demons to come into the server"
What are you talking about?? I have no "personal demons", Like I said before, this is the first of ANY kind of vulgar comment I've had a slip up with. The staff is RARELY around to even see me "upset" and when you did it was when I first started playing murder, so why am I now being told to "take a break" when there's no anger, I just play the game like everyone else. If there is "anger" it's towards a friend. So I don't see you and other staff constant of telling me to "take a break".
If staff members were forced to follow the guidelines to a tee without any kind of opinion or say in the matter then situations would probably be worse off. Staff discretion is one of the best tools the staff teams of the 4 servers are able to use and taking that away would just be bad in general, especially since every staff team in Dink's has been working off the general rule where some cases don't need to be followed exactly to how the guidelines say they should be. Whether or not staff discretion was used correctly in this scenario is not my place to say since I don't play murder or really know the servers rules. 

I do think that if there wasn't any kind of direct warning to this person that there probably should've been, but hindsight is 20/20 and it still doesn't invalidate the rules that they broke and they should still be punished for it however the staff team of murder deems right and fair.

No vote since yeah.

(fuck you laced)
Follow to a tee, mayyybe not. Being able to skip past punishments because you feel like the situation calls for it... not so much. RDM is a thing that gets overlooked for friends... ok fine. someone spams or mic spams and is let go... ok fine. door blocks.... ok fine as some regulars do this to do some mild trolling to another and yah fine ok. In most these other cases it vary much new players not knowing and thats fine. Skipping past punishments because they feel like it is not to me, skipping past warnings is also something i see as wrong. Hell they dont even have to see or hear the warning as long as its there for them to have been able to see or hear. Punishments should follow the way the rules state unless the situation is out of control and that itself can be written into the rules. this situation however did not grow out of control, what you see in the video was the start and end of it.

Like ive said make saying KIll yourself and any variants of the phrase like unalive yourself be treated like racism is on the server. Warning, kick, day ban, perma ban. its already written and just needs, Telling someone to Kill themselves added to that more severe level of harassment. There is a reason the more severe forms of harassment have its own set of punishment rules, because its more....... Severe.
Ban length shortened.

You will serve out a 2-week ban in addition to what you've already served.

We already talked about the Lost situation on dms, so there's no more point talking about this.

Again dm me on Discord if you have any questions about it.