Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Last Hurrah!
Hey Chelll and Dink!

First off, this is an app I wish I seen you or one of the other PH Admins make. PH really needs a Co-Owner. With the recent update to the map rotation, I've seen old players return, the player count has increased throughout the entire day, everyone seems more lively, and the overall atmosphere seems better with a little refresh.

Dink seems a little slow when it comes to stuff like adding content, adding ranks, etc. Now this isn't a negative shade thrown at him. We all have lives and other more important things to deal with. I don't know Dink's personal life, but if he's busy with other personal things, Chelll is really invested, willing, and more than capable of helping with the Dinkleberg Prop Hunt server.

Things that would great with a Co-Owner is more often map rotations, ranks added faster after they accepted, player models added/removed, seasonal things, etc. Chelll has already expressed this. I would love consistent updates to the server every few months or so. I've been around here for 2 and a half years now, and I have only seen a few changes sprinkled here and there. 

Conclusion, Chelll would be a perfect fit for a Prop Hunt Co-Owner. He communicates well with the entire staff team, has great ideas, the willingness to put fourth the work, etc. I could go on and on. He would absolutely a great Co-Owner!

It's a +1 from me. 

Good luck Chelllman. I hope you are able to earn Co-Owner. It would be well deserved!
???????? ??????
I think having a PH co-owner is a good idea, not only for PH but TTT aswell. If dink can send off a lot of work with someone he trusts for PH then he can focus more solely on TTT, or vice versa if that's what he desires.
You've got my +1, As long as you're willing to accept everything that comes with being in such a role. The biggest qualifier will be IF you can convince Dink to get you into co-owner, if you can do that then you'll have enough resolve to fill the role.
+1 it would be nice to get more updates to keep the game feeling fresh. 80 bans???? bruh
-1 bc u didnt put ur actual amount of hours, irresponsible

nah +1 good luck cheLman (but voidz did make good points, ttt should get one too if dink actually does accept it)
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
I won't vote, but I would just like to point out that Co-owner doesn't have server file access the one thing you need to add/remove items and maps. I can't fault none of you for thinking it when the last co-owner EveryJaun did, but that's because EveryJaun had it even as "mod" aka TTT's vice president. Everyjaun did SQL work and some other backend stuff, but to my memory, he was the only co-owner to have it. I do faintly recall murmurs of someone "snatching files and making their own server" but it wasn't starky. (I'll stand by this until I'm proven wrong with evidence)

Starky (the last one for ph) would constantly complain about how he felt limited and how Dink would either ignore or mute him from how often he would ask for stuff(a reason every staff member that wasn't related to TTT resigned.) I can't blame you guys for thinking Co-owner is some godsend role when people complain how much better it was when we had one, but the role at the very least ph's version was severely lacking. Starky had to promote himself to owner to promote others (TTTs didn't if I'm recalling his rant correctly.) If he had access to the server files/ console he wouldn't need to let alone need to beg dink to add content.

I guess ultimately if the role is brought back I believe it would need to be revamped and updated, but with my 5 years in Dinkleberg's community I just can't picture him revamping the role for anyone.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
If what happy says is true, then I hope Dink considers this as my "Co-Owner + backend access app".

I have zero desire to go start my own PH server. I've never wanted my own server. All I want is the ability to make our players happy by adding new content more often.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(05-05-2023, 08:08 PM)chelllman Wrote: I have zero desire to go start my own PH server.  I've never wanted my own server.  All I want is the ability to make our players happy by adding new content more often.

I can speak to this aspect in particular, with a game as old as Gmod starting a new server to form a new community is a fools errand & @chelllman is no fool, all the last co- owner did was dive players away from the game all together with his actions, members of this community return to be with the members of this community in particular because we are all friends on relatively good terms with one another, a glue that I hope dose not dry out any time soon.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
We don't need another owner. We need our current owner to take his 15 mins once a month and do stuff. An inactive owner will lead to a loss of regular players and a decrease in traffick just like what happened to murder server. But I won't get into this.

My vote is +1 if he ever reads this.This community need a co-owner badly.
While I haven't played a whole lot on the PH server, I have played with Chell a bit and know how much effort he puts into taking care of the PH server. He really cares about the server and the community behind it and it would absolutely benefit having him as a co-owner. Dink just doesn't have the time to do the things that all the servers need to grow and thrive on gmod. I understand dink's hesitance to promote someone to that role but if anyone could be trusted to be promoted, it is Chell. Big +1 and good luck
(05-05-2023, 07:36 PM)[redacted]tron Wrote: Starky (the last one for ph) would constantly complain about how he felt limited and how Dink would either ignore or mute him from how often he would ask for stuff(a reason every staff member that wasn't related to TTT resigned.) I can't blame you guys for thinking Co-owner is some godsend role when people complain how much better it was when we had one, but the role at the very least ph's version was severely lacking.

I worked with Starky a lot in 2017 and this is completely true. The only difference admin and co-owner had was the ability to promote and demote, the actual role was closer to a head admin. Dink would still completely ignore messages for several weeks at a time. We either went through Rippe (helped with a lot of backend stuff, among other things) or Queef (old TTT admin) to get things moving.

Quote:Starky had to promote himself to owner to promote others (TTTs didn't if I'm recalling his rant correctly.)

This wasn't entirely true; you had to promote yourself to owner to grant ranks access to new commands, co-owner can grant the ranks themselves no problem... unless that changed after I left