Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Last Hurrah!
I fully realize there is a 99.99999% chance this doesn't get accepted, most likely due to the actions of a previous PH Co-Owner.

Ingame Name: chelllman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:104538552

Time Played: A lot.

When First Joined: March, 2021

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Usually in the evenings EST.

Rank Desired: Co-Owner

Current Rank: Admin

What can you do to help the community?: As admin, I (along with Possum and Ryzif) and edit some shop content.  Currently, I've been creating new hats, pets, and other accessories.  I've been adding more crates, and overall giving the shop a fresh coat of paint with the goal of the PH staff team releasing a massive content drop in the near future.  These new items, crates, etc. will be available soon.  However, we can only do so much because we are limited to the content that already exists on the server.  There was some previously unreleased content, and we can make new items using models/entities that already exist on the server, but new content needs to be added by Dink (and Dink alone).  We want to rotate the maps more often, ideally once every 2 months or so.  We want to continually offer new content (and remove the content players really don't care for).

We are currently preparing a shop update hopefully containing things like: vapes, crowbar skins, more guns, new player models, and another round of maps (after we finish editing some to make them dink's worthy).
As Co-Owner, I could get new content on the server in a timely manner.  Things like ranks would be granted quicker.  In short, having the ability to add new content to the server would be beneficial to the community.
Less frustration from players = happier player base.

Why do you want to help the community?: The buzz that we've seen from the community from just a couple of maps getting removed/added has been incredible. We've seen previously dead regulars return to play on some of the newly added maps.  The discord has been pretty active too!  It's amazing what a small change from monotony on the server can do for this community. The core of this community is it's regulars.  We get lots of new players, but I want to say less than 50% of new players will continue to play since they mostly join to play after their favorite YouTuber.  More content can translate into an even larger player base.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I've been banned roughly 80 times, all joke bans.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):

All Accepted
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16389
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16018
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15364
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14882

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS + screenshotting tool, yes.

How did you find us?: See previous apps for the same exact answer.

Other:

Past PH Co-Owner:
I've heard the story of the last Co-Owner and why there hasn't been a Co-Owner since then.  Dink, I can assure you than I have zero intentions of trying to lock you out of the server or take the PH server over for myself. Being staff for the PH server is just a hobby for a game I play as a hobby.  There's nothing deeper than that.  Any major server changes will be run by you first, with the benefit for you that you don't have to add the stuff to the server yourself after you give an OK.  I won't be adding any addons to the server without your permission.

Rank and Power of Voting:
I don't see Co-Owner above admin when it comes to voting.  I see it as "Admin + server content manager".  Ryzif, Possum, and I will all continue to vote on things as a team.

Leave of Absence:
As I told Dink and the admin team, I will most likely need to take 2 months off from gaming in June-July because I will be traveling a lot and won't have my gaming computer with me.
I will still be here in the community doing what I can during that time.
I fully intend to come back and play once that travel period is done.

Memes to Fish:
If promoted to Co-Owner, I will spam TheUltraFish with even more fish puns than I already do.

WHY SO MUCH TTT LATELY?!?!?
It's nice playing on a server and not needing to staff sometimes.  I still love PH the most..
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
As long there are something new other than maps and playermodels even though prop hunt is utter garbage pretty much all of the time.
I fully support this, we need a co-owner badly 1+
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
From what very little interaction I've had with the PH community, I think that any of the 3 PH admins currently would be suitable for PH co-owner and this of course extends to the man with way too many Ls in his name. Chelllman is a pretty smart dude and that's genuinely passionate about change for the community as a whole, not just PH. I think all 3 admins could be promoted but the one applying currently definitely gets my vote. +1
I think Chelllman would be the best fit for this role, he has the best interests of the PH server at heart & would undoubtedly prove to not only be trustworthy of such a role, but steer things in a good direction.

One thing I would like to point out is that Chelllman listens to us & what we have to say, this is important because someone with the power of co-owner could run things as they see fit, which often leads to disappointment

It's because of Chelllman qualitys that I believe he is deserving of this. +1 from the Milk man
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Dear ALL TLDR-spammers,
COPE.

Dear Dinkleberg,

For being one and only owner in the community, you're extreme activity deficit halts content drops on any part of the community with the possible exception of TTT. By the words of pretty much any staff asked, you have either no free time that you can possibly dedicate to any updates or no particular interest to consistently play Garry's Mod or both.. The only recent activity I have witnessed from you was a forum post pertaining to a PH crash which you worked to promptly bring back online. You really do not even play prop hunt. I think I speak for everyone when I say it is truly frustrating being told major content updates and changes are ultimately limited due to you being essentially the only person with server access. The PH server is essentially the only server of five servers that have plenty of people consistently rejoin. Every other server is dead and no one wants to join these dead servers with a different selection of maps if no one plays them. Even if Dinkleberg's PH is in the top, it does not necessarily mean that it is always fun or interesting. Some people, even myself, have quite a bit more free time we can use to hop on and pass the time by attempting* to enjoy the recycling content in PH.

Chelllman has come a long way. He has worked with the staff team to help bring any change they can to the server with the severe limits no server access has. I may not be "educated" in whatever happened in the past with the previous co-owner. However, the previous, pernicious co-owner's actions do not define Chelllman. Chelllman has defined himself through his actions. I believe Chelllman would make a great co-owner who would legitimately bring positive change and bring back even the eldest of members to rejoice in the consistent, timely updates. While I, a mere user with no access whatsoever, can not possibly know what goes on in any staff-only groups and personal messages, I hope you can come to the opinion that Chelllman is worthy of the position. I do not know what kind of relationship you guys have, but I hope it is exceptionally great. If you hardly know Chelllman, I think you should start getting a little more in touch with the community. Otherwise, how will we ever get over this co-owner debacle.

We are in sincere need of someone else we can rely on to bring consistent content updates. I implore you seriously consider Chelllman as a possible candidate for the co-owner position with all the perks. As I said previously, your server may get you satisfactory player populations, but it does not imply that it is fun. On good days, some of us non-sweats just walk around on autopilot focused more on conversations than the game. While it is nice, it does not mean nothing should change.

I wish you luck Chelllman. As I said in the Discord the other day, you are the best fit for PH co-owner if ever were one.

All the best,
Faber
LOL the app is a good idea, but dinkleberg is a retard who doesnt seem like he wants the servers to continue living regardless of how reputable the admins are. im all for having a co-owner for ph and ttt because they should have access to updates when needed, not waiting for some guy to stop playing fortnite after using server donos towards that

yall dickriding hard asf but either way chellman +1, but if ph gets a coowner ttt should as well after countless attempts of asking
(05-05-2023, 08:59 AM)voidzz Wrote: LOL the app is a good idea, but dinkleberg is a retard who doesnt seem like he wants the servers to continue living regardless of how reputable the admins are. im all for having a co-owner for ph and ttt because they should have access to updates when needed, not waiting for some guy to stop playing fortnite after using server donos towards that
Keep the shitposting in shitposting.
???????? ??????
I've seen PH get... what, like 5 updates in the past 4 years? Maybe 6 updates? Maybe fewer? Despite the fact that the admins and players constantly have fresh content they'd like to see added. PH desperately needs a co-owner if those who care about the server are going to be able to continue to improve it in meaningful ways. I definitely think it makes sense to make someone as competent and knowledgeable about the server as chelllman co-owner. 

I know that lot of players are (understandably) angry with Dink's negligence toward PH and its player base, but I would suggest trying to contribute to a productive discussion, rather than insulting Dink.

and dink, if you see this– please respond to the dm i sent you in january.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
No reason to be toxic on a staff app. Keep it civil please.