Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I guess it's really time huh?
Granted i'm in 0 position to give opinions given how dead I am, but I've got one and only one concern:
Is this what you really want to do?

Norm tried his best to make Murder as good as he could, but after years of trying without a ton of success, I could see his happiness in staffing drain away. I'm shocked that he didn't leave before I did. As Murder admin you'll be able to improve some things, such as rules, staffing, etc - but a lot of the issues such as maps/models/etc is something that requires Dink's time - something that is never in supply.
If you feel you can make the impact you need to make on the community, as well as on the murder server, as an admin, then by all means I see 0 issue with you being handed the reigns. But just know that horse reigns are fairly useless on a rocking horse.

Qualifications are clear and apparent, even though this app is a bit brief for an admin-level app I am happy to vouch for your character from what I've seen over the years. But I feel that much of what you want to do won't be solvable even at the admin level.

Please take my advice if/when you become admin: Find out what you can do, and do it. Hold murder events - giveaways - maybe host a Monthly Murder tournament! Murder Mondays! lots of fun things to try. Find creative ways to increase the engagement of the server without having to add/change content therein - because changing content is often not a possibility. Norm wore himself out trying to improve the server, but he often tried to change what couldn't be changed. While you should pursue content updates, it would be better to pursue what you can change. Also - delegate to your team. One of Norm's finest talents was choosing good staff, and I suspect that you will have plenty of help to help run events and bounce off ideas off of.

I'd also consider at least logging into TTT. I don't recall ever seeing you play, and as a community level admin getting to know the other mafia-style FPS we offer would be helpful.

Best of luck with your pursuits to community adminship.

Dink, he's a good egg, you know him well by now i'm sure. Don't wait until the month of August to approve this - he can really make the server pop off again, which will strengthen that aspect of the community.

Admins, unless there's something new that came up after I was fired/quit/resigned/retired/died, I believe he could well revive the server even above and beyond what Norm did.
Based especially on the below quote, I feel that August is more than ready to become the next Murder Admin.
(05-17-2023, 06:51 PM)August Wrote: Everyone is on a level playing field with me (except for Carson)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
Well, I guess it's really time huh? - by August - 05-17-2023, 06:51 PM
RE: Well, I guess it's really time huh? - by ok - 05-17-2023, 08:01 PM
RE: Well, I guess it's really time huh? - by Jammin - 05-17-2023, 10:11 PM
RE: Well, I guess it's really time huh? - by reina - 05-18-2023, 11:02 AM
RE: Well, I guess it's really time huh? - by dong - 05-18-2023, 11:18 AM