Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I guess it's really time huh?
In-game Name: August

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:55682290

Time Played: 505 hours as of posting.

When First Joined: First appeared on PH in May 2018. Became active on Murder in December 2019.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Any day, mostly after 3pm EST due to work.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: I care a ton about this place, but most of all about the people. Everyone is on a level playing field with me (except for Carson) so expect to be treated fairly under the same rules as everyone else. My goal is to make sure everyone has fun regardless if you're a new player or an experienced regular. I plan on including updated player models, maps, items, etc. to help spice things up, and make other improvements where necessary. I am always open to suggestions as well.

Why do you want to help the community?: I've been a Murder mainstay and made it through most of our drama periods. I have been Norm's right hand man since he became admin a while back, and not a whole lot of people can truly call Murder home like we can. This place has been very kind to us and I will do my best to return the favor and breathe life back into the server. With all the great people in the team, we can revive this place in no time.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Joke bans only.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
Murder Mod Accepted
Murder T-Mod Accepted
Murder Trusted Accepted

PH Trusted Accepted
PH T-Mod Accepted

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS and Shadowplay.

How did you find us?: After Sona crumbled, I came here. became active the following year

Other: I miss you, Norm  =c
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Don't manage to get on murder as much nowadays cause it's usually dead, but I feel like after witnessing how you've staffed here on PH (not just in game) for a long time I think you'd be a great murder admin. Of course there are a lot more responsibilities that come with it but I think you'd do good, and I can definitely see you helping to revive murder a bit more. Plus we would have the added benefit of you not being on ph as much so easy +1!!
Anyone who has played gmod with August knows how incredible of a staff member he is. There is nothing negative I can say about the way August handles anyone on the servers, he is always calm and collected when dealing with rule breakers but stern when he needs to be. If anyone were to take over as admin in place of Norm, August can do it and will be incredible for the server(as long as dink actually does what the server needs). Easy +1
Excellent murder and prop hunt staff by far. Sad to see how much the owner neglected this server. Despite being inactive, the server does need at least an admin that can do stuff both inside and outside of the server.
"Everyone is on a level playing field with me (except for Carson)" wtf
Oher than that, he is literally the perfect candidate for murder admin, and absolutely deserves it.
[Image: image.png]
Granted i'm in 0 position to give opinions given how dead I am, but I've got one and only one concern:
Is this what you really want to do?

Norm tried his best to make Murder as good as he could, but after years of trying without a ton of success, I could see his happiness in staffing drain away. I'm shocked that he didn't leave before I did. As Murder admin you'll be able to improve some things, such as rules, staffing, etc - but a lot of the issues such as maps/models/etc is something that requires Dink's time - something that is never in supply.
If you feel you can make the impact you need to make on the community, as well as on the murder server, as an admin, then by all means I see 0 issue with you being handed the reigns. But just know that horse reigns are fairly useless on a rocking horse.

Qualifications are clear and apparent, even though this app is a bit brief for an admin-level app I am happy to vouch for your character from what I've seen over the years. But I feel that much of what you want to do won't be solvable even at the admin level.

Please take my advice if/when you become admin: Find out what you can do, and do it. Hold murder events - giveaways - maybe host a Monthly Murder tournament! Murder Mondays! lots of fun things to try. Find creative ways to increase the engagement of the server without having to add/change content therein - because changing content is often not a possibility. Norm wore himself out trying to improve the server, but he often tried to change what couldn't be changed. While you should pursue content updates, it would be better to pursue what you can change. Also - delegate to your team. One of Norm's finest talents was choosing good staff, and I suspect that you will have plenty of help to help run events and bounce off ideas off of.

I'd also consider at least logging into TTT. I don't recall ever seeing you play, and as a community level admin getting to know the other mafia-style FPS we offer would be helpful.

Best of luck with your pursuits to community adminship.

Dink, he's a good egg, you know him well by now i'm sure. Don't wait until the month of August to approve this - he can really make the server pop off again, which will strengthen that aspect of the community.

Admins, unless there's something new that came up after I was fired/quit/resigned/retired/died, I believe he could well revive the server even above and beyond what Norm did.
Based especially on the below quote, I feel that August is more than ready to become the next Murder Admin.
(05-17-2023, 06:51 PM)August Wrote: Everyone is on a level playing field with me (except for Carson)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

As an admin, one of the essential qualities is the ability to remain unbiased and fair in all circumstances. August has consistently exhibited a strong sense of justice and fairness, treating all players equally and addressing issues without favouritism. Communication is key in any admin role, and August is fantastic at it  , helping every single player, understand their concerns, and address issues. August's approachable demeanour and willingness to listen foster a sense of trust and encourage open dialogue within the community.

I tried my best to make murder as good as I could over the years :(  Make me proud.

Also, like Jammin said, find creative ways to increase the engagement of the server without having to add/change content because changing content is often not a possibility. “ I would recommend Murder Sundays raffle etc.”

Dink, I know you probably still don’t even realize I resigned even though I messaged you. Don’t wait too long to approve this, August is more than ready to become the next Murder Admin.
As an admin...

wait

I don't play murder but I've interacted with August a lot since joining the staff team and at least know he has a demeanor befitting of an Admin. Serious when he needs to be and knows his stuff, but a pleasant person to talk to and joke with when the situation doesn't call for seriousness. Couple that with everyone who actually DOES play murder vouching for how good of a Mod he is, and I think this is a no-brainer. +1
(05-17-2023, 10:53 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: Also, like Jammin said, find creative ways to increase the engagement of the server without having to add/change content because changing content is often not a possibility. “ I would recommend Murder Sundays raffle etc.”

kap and i would be happy to assist with that in any way that we can. while i know owner inactivity is a concern, you can trust that as an admin you'd have the support of your peers whenever possible, august. good luck with the app!
+1 i think you're easily capable and with the friends you have that were originally in the position murder will be in good hands