Harmless_Potato

Discord Tag: 
Harmless Potato#6969

When did you first join the forums?: 
11-26-2022

Do you meet the minimum age requirement(18+)?:
Yes, I am 24.

What do you plan to do as a web staff member?: 
Monitor posts to ensure each post, thread, and profile is in accordance to the Forum Rules. I'm on the forums pretty much everyday multiple times and check out every post made. With that being said, I would ensure that people aren't spamming, making sure people are posting in the correct section, making sure people aren't harassing other people, making sure no inappropriate content is posted, ensuring no alts are being used, and old threads (>1 month) from being brought back up. So pretty much exactly what's stated in the forum rules. 

What made you decide to apply?: 
I staff on the Prop Hunt server as a T-Mod and Discord as a Helper, so why not apply for web staff too. I really enjoy this community and want to ensure it stays a fun, yet safe and non-toxic place for all people alike. I love helping this amazing community out. I spend a lot of time around it. I am far from lazy too, my 70+ PH bans in the past 7ish months can back that up lol.

I wouldn't mind helping out even more being web staff to ensure this community thrives in being a fun, but yet safe place for people to post various things in their respective sections i.e. ban requests, staff applications, Introductions, etc...etc.

Anything else you would like to add?:

Requirements:
  • Preferably be a current or past staff member in the community
    -Current PH and Discord staff.

• Be an active participant in the forums and the community at large
    -I'm pretty much on here everyday and check out every thread, recent posts.

• No ongoing or concurrent community behavioral issues
    -Not a troublemaker lol.

• No recent server (legitimate) bans or staff/donor strikes
    -No recent bans.
???????? ??????
I don't interact with you or the PH side of the community much but you seem like a pretty staple member of the PH staff team so I'll give you props for that. Based off of discord and forum activity/rapport I would believe you have a good shot at forum staff. I don't know you much so I won't vote but pointing out the good stuff is my forte so there you go.
-1 booster
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Potato was one of the rising stars around the time I left. I think he'd do well as a web staff member, but don't burn yourself out brother.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
-1 for me, in my opinion- overly sensitive, chronically online, would enforce rules way too strictly in other sections, wouldn't be comfortable having you as forum staff especially given your discretion. i know web staff apps are open but i still don't believe they need more people to do what they're already doing
(05-24-2023, 09:31 AM)voidzz Wrote: -1 for me, in my opinion- overly sensitive, chronically online, would enforce rules way too strictly in other sections, wouldn't be comfortable having you as forum staff especially given your discretion. i know web staff apps are open but i still don't believe they need more people to do what they're already doing
Good morning viodzz, 

I appreciate you taking time to read, reflection upon my application, and expressing your personal opinions that reflect on my application. I am replying to you about the statement about being overly sensitive. Are you able to expand on this? 

Thanks again for taking time and making a response to my application  :)
???????? ??????
(05-24-2023, 09:57 AM)Harmless_Potato Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 09:31 AM)voidzz Wrote: -1 for me, in my opinion- overly sensitive, chronically online, would enforce rules way too strictly in other sections, wouldn't be comfortable having you as forum staff especially given your discretion. i know web staff apps are open but i still don't believe they need more people to do what they're already doing
Good morning viodzz, 

I appreciate you taking time to read, reflection upon my application, and expressing your personal opinions that reflect on my application. I am replying to you about the statement about being overly sensitive. Are you able to expand on this? 

Maybe you're doing it due to PH rules, but the overly sensitive concern arises from PH ban requests that I've seen before. I know rules are a bit different over there, but I remember you having a couple of ban requests up for "staff disrespect" or the racism ban req up from 5/13. I feel like those instances are very slight and really not that deep, but you go far enough to make a ban req for it, which could be the proper route under PH rules, but I personally feel like those are barely comments that should even be acknowledged. Especially going out of the way to punish or make a BR, a specific example arising from one of the staff disrespect ban req you had up as a trusted which ultimately got denied. (user was Moist Baby Wipes) (not talking about it getting denied specifically, but about the content and how I believe it was an overreaction to almost nothing, again which is my opinion, not necessarily shared by all)
Yet again, this could just be in general due to the differences in what is allowed between TTT and PH, but I don't feel like I could see you drawing the discretion where certain posts are fine under certain categories, whereas other categories (PH) is almost a no tolerance zone.
(05-24-2023, 10:23 AM)voidzz Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 09:57 AM)Harmless_Potato Wrote:
Good morning viodzz, 

Maybe you're doing it due to PH rules, but the overly sensitive concern arises from PH ban requests that I've seen before. I know rules are a bit different over there, but I remember you having a couple of ban requests up for "staff disrespect" or the racism ban req up from 5/13. I feel like those instances are very slight and really not that deep, but you go far enough to make a ban req for it, which could be the proper route under PH rules, but I personally feel like those are barely comments that should even be acknowledged. Especially going out of the way to punish or make a BR, a specific example arising from one of the staff disrespect ban req you had up as a trusted which ultimately got denied. (user was Moist Baby Wipes) (not talking about it getting denied specifically, but about the content and how I believe it was an overreaction to almost nothing, again which is my opinion, not necessarily shared by all)
Yet again, this could just be in general due to the differences in what is allowed between TTT and PH, but I don't feel like I could see you drawing the discretion where certain posts are fine under certain categories, whereas other categories (PH) is almost a no tolerance zone.
Thanks for addressing your concern. I have a lot of ban requests due to me being on a ton. I love playing PH, and I’m on more than any of the other PH staff currently. Being on more often I see more stuff, thus more bans being made/ban requests submitted. I do hop on most staff pings too. I’m not really too strict, but I know when to put my foot down on things. The ban request from May 12th is from a guy that has a long history of racism with a previous ban on it. Their behavior wasn’t accidental, as they keep doing it. Feel like I’m going a little off topic though lol.

Back to this app and your response, none of us are 100% perfect, but we as staff strive to be. We’ll get some things wrong here and there, but we learn from those things and work towards perfecting the small imperfections we make. The Moist Baby Wipes ban request wasn’t enough evidence to warrant a ban, but that was like 5 or 6 months ago I think. 

I appreciate you taking the time and further expanding on your personal concern. Thank you  :)
???????? ??????
Appreciate you taking the time to respond to the concerns
1+ For me potato loves this server so much, And knows probably everything, Making him a web staff is a great idea.
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]