Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Papa Milo Application for Trusted
Bump
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(06-04-2023, 07:40 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Bump
Thanks I would love to hear what some of the other moderators and staff that have played with me think, as any advice / comments/ criticism help me grow and improve.
I support this application, and I have never personally experienced any Rdm from this player. Despite the negative assertions, this player clearly wants to make this place better. Your getting too caught up on minor issues. Big +1 from me.
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: -1, I see a severe lack of maturity from you. In many cases, when I have played with you I have had to stop and watch you specifically to ensure you are not breaking rules.

In one specific example, you for multiple rounds in a row targeted a guest player only because they were young and you thought they were annoying. You also claimed you were going to gag the individual because you disliked their voice, if staff were not on I assume you would have done so. 

You took the learn-the-rules discussion with Voidzz too far and constantly message staff about the most minimal rule breaks such as names not having enough letters, but will break a rule to troll and then have issue when staff ask you to stop.

You also still do not know the rules as you get reported often, and when you are slain you argue for quite a while about how the staff member is wrong to the point that other players and staff have told you to stop. 

I'd recommend continuing to learn how to act as a player and supporter of the server.
To be fair, I was on for this incident and I can assure you that they deserved it. 

Moderating a TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) server in Garry's Mod is important for several reasons, which contribute to ensuring a pleasant and fair gaming environment for all players:
  1. Player Enjoyment: The main goal of playing games is to have fun. A well-moderated server ensures that players are following the rules and not ruining the experience for others. It helps to keep the server free from trolls and toxic players who might harass or bully others.
  2. Fair Play: TTT is a game mode that requires trust and cooperation among players. Cheating, exploiting bugs, or using unfair advantages can ruin the balance and turn new or fair-playing users away. Moderators can monitor for these activities and take appropriate action.
  3. Community Building: A server with active moderation can foster a sense of community among regular players. This can lead to friendships and social groups forming, which will make players more likely to return and contribute positively to the server.
  4. Conflict Resolution: In any multiplayer game, conflicts between players can arise. A moderator can mediate disputes and make sure that everyone is heard, leading to quicker resolution of issues.
  5. Maintaining Server Reputation: A server that is known to be well-moderated can attract more players. A good reputation means that new players are more likely to join, and existing players are more likely to stay.
  6. Preventing Rule Violations: Moderators can enforce server-specific rules that may not necessarily be covered by the game's built-in mechanics. This helps in creating a customized experience that aligns with the server owner's vision for gameplay.
  7. Economy and Trade Protection: In Garry's Mod, players may engage in trading in-game items. Moderators can ensure that these trades are fair and prevent scams, which could seriously damage the trust within the community.
  8. Technical Issues and Support: Sometimes players may encounter bugs or technical issues. Moderators can provide support and assist with troubleshooting or reporting the problems to the server administrators.
  9. Feedback and Suggestions: Moderators can also serve as a link between the players and the server owners/administrators. They can collect feedback and suggestions for improvements and communicate them to the relevant parties.
  10. Legal Compliance: Depending on the jurisdiction, certain content or behavior may not be legally permissible. Moderators can ensure that the server remains compliant with relevant laws, such as removing content that infringes on copyrights or adhering to age-appropriate guidelines.
In conclusion, moderating a TTT server on Garry's Mod is essential for maintaining a positive, fun, fair, and safe environment that players will want to be a part of. I believe Papa Milo would be a good candidate based on the above qualities.
using alts that link back to your account and obv are from you to support your own app are dumb, especially when "olim" backwards is literally milo. a really bad look on top of using chatgpt lol
(06-09-2023, 11:57 PM)voidzz Wrote: using alts that link back to your account and obv are from you to support your own app are dumb, especially when "olim" backwards is literally milo. a really bad look on top of using chatgpt lol
You are really dumb if your think that I used chatgpt for that
I am so proud to see so many community members create accounts with steam accounts created today to plus one a true gamer like Papa Milo. This has convinced me, +1
former admin2
yeah.
aughhh
[Image: raccoon1_1.jpg?ex=6628fb2c&is=6616862c&h...0080f14e4&]
(06-09-2023, 11:52 PM)olim8841 Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: snip
To be fair, I was on for this incident and I can assure you that they deserved it. 
Weird how you were on for this incident despite this account being made yesterday...
(06-10-2023, 12:24 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 11:52 PM)olim8841 Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: snip
Weird how you were on for this incident despite this account being made yesterday...
That's not true