Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Papa Milo Application for Trusted
In game Name: Papa Milo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:160186012
Discord Tag: BenBerman#7136
Time Played: 308 Hours    (I have used 3 names over the years and can show the game-tracker for them if needed)

When First Joined: I first started playing in Jan 2018 then took a break as Gmod would brick my pc I found a fix about a month ago and have been continuously playing it since

Availability: Generally im on around 2-12 PM EST M-TH and 1-4 PM and 10-12 PM on F-SUN however this changes regarding if people are on at those times as sometimes nobody gets on until 4pm

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank:  Donor/Regular

What can you do to help the community: When I am on there are usually no staff members on and because of this it emboldens people to RDM if I was made trusted I could look at the reports and mitigate this issue. Another factor is I often die early and because of this I would have plenty of time to look through reports and to help explain the rules to new players so that they can grow and thrive within the community.

Why you want to help the community: I Want to help because this would help people have a good time and intern make them want to come back to the server, as there are times when there are not many players on, and we have people leave because of RDM. This is often because when there are no mods online people feel embolden to break the rules because they will not get a slay. I believe that this will help keep the server populated with people. It is because of this that I am applying for trusted. Another reason is that this is the only server I play on when it comes to Gmod I exclusively play on this server and because of that I want to help see it grow and thrive.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts):  Yes I was banned 5 years ago for mass rdm:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=7854

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes, I did previously apply for trusted but I withdrew my application this is because when I previously applied it was after a multi-year hiatus from playing Gmod and I had forgotten some of the rules. However now that I have had time to reacquaint myself with this server and community, I feel that I am ready to throw my hat in the ring, and reapply for trusted.
Old application:  https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=18282

How did you find us?: As I said in my last application I don’t remember how I found this community as it was over 5 years ago I just remember the welcomeness and the positive atmosphere of this community.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread):  Yes

Other: I Just want to thank you all for taking the time to read my application and for the welcomeness I have felt from this server, and I hope to hear back from you soon! I also want to say that if you disagree with me becoming trusted instaid of just putting -1 can you please tell me why. I ask this so that I can know how to improve and grow in the future. Thank you!

I also want to say if any of you were around on this server years ago you might remember me from this meme  from 5 years ago https://i.imgur.com/3ZP9ObX.png       (I definitely used to be a little shit)
-1, I see a severe lack of maturity from you. In many cases, when I have played with you I have had to stop and watch you specifically to ensure you are not breaking rules.

In one specific example, you for multiple rounds in a row targeted a guest player only because they were young and you thought they were annoying. You also claimed you were going to gag the individual because you disliked their voice, if staff were not on I assume you would have done so. 

You took the learn-the-rules discussion with Voidzz too far and constantly message staff about the most minimal rule breaks such as names not having enough letters, but will break a rule to troll and then have issue when staff ask you to stop.

You also still do not know the rules as you get reported often, and when you are slain you argue for quite a while about how the staff member is wrong to the point that other players and staff have told you to stop. 

I'd recommend continuing to learn how to act as a player and supporter of the server.
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: -1, I see a severe lack of maturity from you. In many cases, when I have played with you I have had to stop and watch you specifically to ensure you are not breaking rules.

In one specific example, you for multiple rounds in a row targeted a guest player only because they were young and you thought they were annoying. You also claimed you were going to gag the individual because you disliked their voice, if staff were not on I assume you would have done so. 

You took the learn-the-rules discussion with Voidzz too far and constantly message staff about the most minimal rule breaks such as names not having enough letters, but will break a rule to troll and then have issue when staff ask you to stop.

You also still do not know the rules as you get reported often, and when you are slain you argue for quite a while about how the staff member is wrong to the point that other players and staff have told you to stop. 

I'd recommend continuing to learn how to act as a player and supporter of the server.
I want to preface this by saying that I’m asking for clarification on what panda said because I don’t think all of the examples that panda listed are valid. panda can you please tell me when did I target a player? I have never repeatedly targeted rdmed people before, I might have been rude to them in chat but I have never to my knowledge repeatedly targeted Rdmed a person before. And I do not believe that I have threatened to gag a person before. I Know that I have asked if we could gag them but I do not remember having ever threatened to gag someone for no reason.

As to your other point of arguing with staff over rule breaks when they ask me to stop can you please provide me an example of when I did this because I can genuinely not think of a time i have done this except for on Waterworld when I go up the slide to spam the bell sound but I don’t think that is what your talking about since that’s not me arguing with staff.

As to your assertion that I get reported often and that I argue with staff over it. I will fully admit that I have done this before in the past but since my last staff aplication I have been trying to not do this. So can you please provide me some examples of this because I have been trying to not do this lately and I would like to know if I'm slipping up.

I know this probably sounds like I’m ignoring or trying to deflect what you said but its not, I understand where your coming from but I want to make sure that this is stuff that I’m actively doing. Thank you for your time reading this and I hope to hear back from you
Inactive so +0 but given Panda’s response, I think your best bet may be to give it a few months if this app is denied and take more time to work with the suggestions given to you. It would show a lot of growth and maturity to have more patience with it alone.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(05-29-2023, 10:43 PM)Papa Milo Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
In the first scenario, it was around 3 rounds where you had killed the player first every round and you were reported every round, but was forgiven as you had called each kill an accident in the report. Around the 3rd time the player realized it was no longer an accident and mentioned you were killing them a lot. Nothing else happened as you had left so I mostly ignored the issue. I also found that I had sent a message to staff when this happened so I don't think I misremembered this or the gag threat.

One specific example of report arguments is you killed someone who walked away from a traitor room, but you couldn't see them leave the traitor room and you killed them. I believe you continued to argue against that slay into another map, with another player reading the rules out loud to you.

I will use the waterworld sound as an issue as I have heard multiple staff bring it up as something you continue to abuse after being asked to stop. You argue about the smallest of rule breaks by other players, but continue to do something like the waterworld thing. Other examples can be brought up, but I also think that a small issue like this speaks about how you act. 

I haven't played as much in the past few weeks so only a few examples come to me atm
(05-30-2023, 12:18 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 10:43 PM)Papa Milo Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 10:03 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
In the first scenario, it was around 3 rounds where you had killed the player first every round and you were reported every round, but was forgiven as you had called each kill an accident in the report. Around the 3rd time the player realized it was no longer an accident and mentioned you were killing them a lot. Nothing else happened as you had left so I mostly ignored the issue. I also found that I had sent a message to staff when this happened so I don't think I misremembered this or the gag threat.

One specific example of report arguments is you killed someone who walked away from a traitor room, but you couldn't see them leave the traitor room and you killed them. I believe you continued to argue against that slay into another map, with another player reading the rules out loud to you.

I will use the waterworld sound as an issue as I have heard multiple staff bring it up as something you continue to abuse after being asked to stop. You argue about the smallest of rule breaks by other players, but continue to do something like the waterworld thing. Other examples can be brought up, but I also think that a small issue like this speaks about how you act. 

I haven't played as much in the past few weeks so only a few examples come to me atm
I dont remember the first example you said about me repeatedly rdming another player, so are you sure that this was me Im sure I asked you to mute them however I dont believe that I repeatedly Rdmed them? However on the other two examples you listed you are completely correct on those and it is something I will strive to fix. As you are right about those and I should not be doing that.
Hi papa milo, thank you for applying again! I haven't been active much to see you on much, but from what I've seen and the few times I've been on with you, you seem to be really aggressive in the way that you treat players/staff and the way you handle certain situations (i.e. aggressively trying to apply the rules) The instance that I was on, you seemed too aggressive when a player was playing a queue and from what I recall, it was semi-loud but not enough to be an earrape queue or needed to be stopped. When the queue was playing, you had stated that it was an earrape queue and then reported it in staff chat multiple times. The other instances are the ones that were brought up by Panda. 

My advice would be to work on being less aggressive in situations + less aggressive to staff/players. This will help to look good and helps show that you can be relaxing but serious in certain situations when they are needed with people minging/trolling/ or constantly breaking rules to ruin the fun of other players.
(05-30-2023, 03:54 PM)slater Wrote: Hi papa milo, thank you for applying again! I haven't been active much to see you on much, but from what I've seen and the few times I've been on with you, you seem to be really aggressive in the way that you treat players/staff and the way you handle certain situations (i.e. aggressively trying to apply the rules) The instance that I was on, you seemed too aggressive when a player was playing a queue and from what I recall, it was semi-loud but not enough to be an earrape queue or needed to be stopped. When the queue was playing, you had stated that it was an earrape queue and then reported it in staff chat multiple times. The other instances are the ones that were brought up by Panda. 

My advice would be to work on being less aggressive in situations + less aggressive to staff/players. This will help to look good and helps show that you can be relaxing but serious in certain situations when they are needed with people minging/trolling/ or constantly breaking rules to ruin the fun of other players.
thanks for the advice i will try and do that.
For now it is a -1 and a lot of the points that Panda made I agree with! Good luck on the app!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
(06-01-2023, 03:30 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: For now it is a -1 and a lot of the points that Panda made I agree with! Good luck on the app!
I completely understand, I’m just grateful that people are willing to tell me what I do wrong as it’s harder to notice yourself especially when it’s not pointed out to you. Their advice will help me improve and become more worthy of being trusted.