Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry about purchasing Donor rank
(06-03-2017, 02:09 AM)A Fish Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 12:50 AM)Scare Shot Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 05:32 PM)Scoovie Wrote: We aren't going to go through the hassle of all that.

Always incredibly helpful aren't you Scoovie lol.

(06-02-2017, 10:05 PM)DaKody Wrote: spoiler:
supporter is for donors who are bad and aboosed

there's nothing wrong with donor and it doesn't affect if you wanted to apply for staff down the line (unless you abuse as a donor)

Of course there isn't anything wrong with donor! It's just a personal preference of mine that when I think of myself on this server, I'd like others to see me as a 'Vet' who enjoys playing the game and giving back to it. It's not a huge contribution but it's something at least! On the daily I see people in banter use their victim's 'Donor' rank as a way of chirping them "Lol swiped your mommy's credit card" and so yeah it's kind of brought a negative connotation to it.

>>>>> I posted this because I was wondering if commands were tied to ranks or whether they were tied to manually-given permissions, not because I wanted you guys to go out of your way to do something special for me or create a new rank ETC. <<<<<

In accordance to what Fish was saying, yes I do believe something could be done about the ranks surrounding those who donate to the server. But would it make that much of a noticeable difference? Probably not. 

@"A Fish" if you would be willing to take the time to do what you suggested for me as long as you, @DaKody allow it, I would very much appreciate that. If not, oh well I'll live with the stupid purple text and the kids chirping me about how I spend my money. Sleepy

I dont mind doing it however it would be nice to see the donor rank name changed to patron.
It is more of an adult term and would inspire more adult like behavior.
Experience has told me that 90% of the battle against bad behavior is psychological.

And if people are immature enough to insult over the donor rank they probably are not mature enough to know what patron means.

Ill post all the details so its in the open what is changed and how to undo it so that its less scary sounding than it really is.
Its also easy to undo  its just one extra step.
the simple way is to just purge their record (set them to guest)

removeuser <user>

then use 

adduser <user> <group> 

to set them to desired group
Or just ask me and I would do it.

This is how permissions work.
There is a file on the server that has the ranks, permissions, and inherits.
when you get a rank above guest it saves it you to the database like this and refers to the rank file on the server

# uid, accessblob

'STEAM_0:0:103070509', '{\"allow\":[],\"name\":\"scottlander100\",\"deny\":[],\"group\":\"donor\"}'

To allow or deny a command to an individual all i need to do is type in the command under allow or deny and seperate the commands by commas.

The normal way would be to use commands but i think my way is easier

userallow <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically allows the user access to command.
userdeny <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically denies the user access to command.
If that rank gets added can the color be light orange
[Image: original.gif]
(06-02-2017, 01:55 AM)A Fish Wrote: I could do this for you but you need permission first.

You would not be able to super vote though (vote counts for 2)  that is not apart of ulx and i dont have access to it.

I would need a list of commands that donor has access to.

permissions are granted both on a rank and individual basis in the database.
so i can just pop the commands on your steam id.

is there anyway i can get a list of donor commands for PH ?
(06-03-2017, 04:38 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 01:55 AM)A Fish Wrote: I could do this for you but you need permission first.

You would not be able to super vote though (vote counts for 2)  that is not apart of ulx and i dont have access to it.

I would need a list of commands that donor has access to.

permissions are granted both on a rank and individual basis in the database.
so i can just pop the commands on your steam id.

is there anyway i can get a list of donor commands for PH ?

Tronald its like just the trusted commands you a mini trusted but without the tag or something. but its just the trusted commands
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-03-2017, 02:09 AM)A Fish Wrote: I dont mind doing it however it would be nice to see the donor rank name changed to patron.
It is more of an adult term and would inspire more adult like behavior.
Experience has told me that 90% of the battle against bad behavior is psychological.

And if people are immature enough to insult over the donor rank they probably are not mature enough to know what patron means.

Ill post all the details so its in the open what is changed and how to undo it so that its less scary sounding than it really is.
Its also easy to undo  its just one extra step.
the simple way is to just purge their record (set them to guest)

removeuser <user>

then use 

adduser <user> <group> 

to set them to desired group
Or just ask me and I would do it.

This is how permissions work.
There is a file on the server that has the ranks, permissions, and inherits.
when you get a rank above guest it saves it you to the database like this and refers to the rank file on the server

# uid, accessblob

'STEAM_0:0:103070509', '{\"allow\":[],\"name\":\"scottlander100\",\"deny\":[],\"group\":\"donor\"}'

To allow or deny a command to an individual all i need to do is type in the command under allow or deny and seperate the commands by commas.

The normal way would be to use commands but i think my way is easier

userallow <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically allows the user access to command.
userdeny <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically denies the user access to command.

@DaKody just waitin' on your approval.

UPDATE: I have purchaized le rank.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
Having individual players having individual perms would be a nightmare. It would start a constant custom rank request train and upkeep would be a cluster. Plus Dink has a no custom ranks rule. (unless you wanna donate $1000+)

Its just a name color.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]