• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry about purchasing Donor rank
I like this idea. If I ever donate I wanna keep my reg title
[Image: original.gif]
make the donor color great again
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
(06-02-2017, 12:24 PM)Warpizzle Wrote: make the donor color great again

Honestly this and the fact that some people have a stigma sorta scolding attitude "omg you paid for the server that I play on lol you have no life nerd get staff pussy" are the reasons I would like to keep the "Regular" rank.

Also, I'm not doing this to affect how or if I get the "Trusted" rank in the future I would just like to have access to some cool shit and help the server out when staff are not on to do so.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
(06-02-2017, 01:02 PM)Scare Shot Wrote:

Honestly this and the fact that some people have a stigma sorta scolding attitude "omg you paid for the server that I play on lol you have no life nerd get staff pussy" are the reasons I would like to keep the "Regular" rank.

Also, I'm not doing this to affect how or if I get the "Trusted" rank in the future I would just like to have access to some cool shit and help the server out when staff are not on to do so.

The nay Sayers who do say that are usually talking about dtmods. People believe you shouldn't be able to buy into staff like that. A few of us get promoted from trusted to tmod and still hear the "oh you only donated to get staff". Then I wreck them.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
We aren't going to go through the hassle of all that.
(06-02-2017, 01:02 PM)Scare Shot Wrote:

I think they are shooting down the regular rank idea because it can cause confusion.
If it were my server with money going into my pocket i think id let you have any title you really wanted within reason.

i could set your title to supporter if you prefer that instead.
I don't think they would mind if i added a command or 2 to your supporter rank.
supporter can mean a few things   so let me know.
spoiler:
supporter is for donors who are bad and aboosed

there's nothing wrong with donor and it doesn't affect if you wanted to apply for staff down the line (unless you abuse as a donor)
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
I thought that supporter was for small donations and donations to enjin back in the day.
I believe he had a tier of 5$

I think the point of the diffrent title is being misunderstood

I have an idea.

Since multiple people have a stigma about the donor title because they dont want to be known for well... donating...

Could we have an alternate rank / title that anyone can request that is a little more anonymous about their donating.
perhaps
contributor or patron

Personally i like patron better than donor.

On a side note..
I don't understand why the server does not have https://www.patreon.com/ account.

I'm sure a handful wouldn't mind donating a dollar or more a month from their checking account.
(06-02-2017, 05:32 PM)Scoovie Wrote: We aren't going to go through the hassle of all that.

Always incredibly helpful aren't you Scoovie lol.

(06-02-2017, 10:05 PM)DaKody Wrote: spoiler:

there's nothing wrong with donor and it doesn't affect if you wanted to apply for staff down the line (unless you abuse as a donor)

Of course there isn't anything wrong with donor! It's just a personal preference of mine that when I think of myself on this server, I'd like others to see me as a 'Vet' who enjoys playing the game and giving back to it. It's not a huge contribution but it's something at least! On the daily I see people in banter use their victim's 'Donor' rank as a way of chirping them "Lol swiped your mommy's credit card" and so yeah it's kind of brought a negative connotation to it.

>>>>> I posted this because I was wondering if commands were tied to ranks or whether they were tied to manually-given permissions, not because I wanted you guys to go out of your way to do something special for me or create a new rank ETC. <<<<<

In accordance to what Fish was saying, yes I do believe something could be done about the ranks surrounding those who donate to the server. But would it make that much of a noticeable difference? Probably not. 

@"A Fish" if you would be willing to take the time to do what you suggested for me as long as you, @DaKody allow it, I would very much appreciate that. If not, oh well I'll live with the stupid purple text and the kids chirping me about how I spend my money. Sleepy
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
(06-03-2017, 12:50 AM)Scare Shot Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 05:32 PM)Scoovie Wrote: We aren't going to go through the hassle of all that.

Always incredibly helpful aren't you Scoovie lol.

(06-02-2017, 10:05 PM)DaKody Wrote: spoiler:

Of course there isn't anything wrong with donor! It's just a personal preference of mine that when I think of myself on this server, I'd like others to see me as a 'Vet' who enjoys playing the game and giving back to it. It's not a huge contribution but it's something at least! On the daily I see people in banter use their victim's 'Donor' rank as a way of chirping them "Lol swiped your mommy's credit card" and so yeah it's kind of brought a negative connotation to it.

>>>>> I posted this because I was wondering if commands were tied to ranks or whether they were tied to manually-given permissions, not because I wanted you guys to go out of your way to do something special for me or create a new rank ETC. <<<<<

In accordance to what Fish was saying, yes I do believe something could be done about the ranks surrounding those who donate to the server. But would it make that much of a noticeable difference? Probably not. 

@"A Fish" if you would be willing to take the time to do what you suggested for me as long as you, @DaKody allow it, I would very much appreciate that. If not, oh well I'll live with the stupid purple text and the kids chirping me about how I spend my money. Sleepy

I dont mind doing it however it would be nice to see the donor rank name changed to patron.
It is more of an adult term and would inspire more adult like behavior.
Experience has told me that 90% of the battle against bad behavior is psychological.

And if people are immature enough to insult over the donor rank they probably are not mature enough to know what patron means.

Ill post all the details so its in the open what is changed and how to undo it so that its less scary sounding than it really is.
Its also easy to undo  its just one extra step.
the simple way is to just purge their record (set them to guest)

removeuser <user>

then use 

adduser <user> <group> 

to set them to desired group
Or just ask me and I would do it.

This is how permissions work.
There is a file on the server that has the ranks, permissions, and inherits.
when you get a rank above guest it saves it you to the database like this and refers to the rank file on the server

# uid, accessblob

'STEAM_0:0:103070509', '{\"allow\":[],\"name\":\"scottlander100\",\"deny\":[],\"group\":\"donor\"}'

To allow or deny a command to an individual all i need to do is type in the command under allow or deny and seperate the commands by commas.

The normal way would be to use commands but i think my way is easier

userallow <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically allows the user access to command.
userdeny <user> <command> [<revoke>] - Specifically denies the user access to command.