Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One last attempt to get dink to notice murder
Ingame Name: Lost_Leviathan

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58801539

Time Played: 482.5h

When First Joined: August 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Almost any night whenever the server is alive.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community: I really want to help keep murder alive and growing even though it's hard to without any updates from the owner. August has been very busy and I'd like to help out when he is unable to because of work and life. I know August is an amazing Admin and I want to learn from him and help out in any ways I can.

Why you want to help the community: I've met so many amazing people on here and love the game mode. I want to keep it alive and help in any ways I can to keep the server alive unlike DR (RIP).

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Only jokes

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Denied Accepted Accepted Accepted

How did you find us?: Looking for a good prop hunt server then migrated to the server for Murder.

Other: This is my last chance to get Dink's attention to add the player models to murder and fix any issues. I know this means extra responsibilities and I want to hear any feedback to know what I can improve upon.
I'm not super involved in murder, but @Lost_Leviathan is well known is the community l. I don't have a problem with them becoming a Admin from a community stand point. +1

Ps: no one should Admin alone in my opinion.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Can't speak for your staffing abilities as I don't play Murder but you are pretty active around the community which is always good for an Admin candidate. If milk is supporting you then so am I. +1

LOL ngl I confused you for someone else, my b

I haven't seen much activity from you on discord or the forums, and you don't seem to be very active on the murder server. I think it would have been good to wait a little while and build up more activity before applying. 

[Image: IMG_6375.png]
(08-28-2023, 11:25 PM)reina Wrote: I haven't seen much activity from you on discord or the forums, and you don't seem to be very active on the murder server. I think it would have been good to wait a little while and build up more activity before applying. 

[Image: IMG_6375.png]
I understand your concern but the murder server has also been dead AF, both on gmod and on discord.
(08-28-2023, 11:26 PM)Lost_Leviathan Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 11:25 PM)reina Wrote: I haven't seen much activity from you on discord or the forums, and you don't seem to be very active on the murder server. I think it would have been good to wait a little while and build up more activity before applying. 
-snip picture-
I understand your concern but the murder server has also been dead AF, both on gmod and on discord.
I would recommend using the murder ping if you'd like to encourage players to join. Even just 5 minutes per day for a few days each week from those attempts would look nice in your activity history, in my opinion.
I’m -1 for this

Does murder really needs 2 admins? I mean it’s dead %99 of the time and 1 ACTIVE admin is good enough for the dead server. Having second admin is unnecessary due to the lack of activity. You can still help keep murder alive without the admin powers anyway.(I would recommend using the murder ping or make giveaways)

I also still have concerns about being a little jumpy on the punishments.Which I talked on the staff chat before.
That being said, adding another admin won’t get dinks attention for murder but that’s just me IMO
+1 for admin, I get why people are uncomfortable with more than one admin, but we've already lost deathrun, we don't need murder dying too
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
In fairness the above is extremely active for the murder server. 1-2 times a week is fair.

Frankly I don't see the added benefit that you can provide in the admin role that you can't already do as mod. Using the murder ping, hosting murder events, giveaways, etc is something you can probably coordinate with August as Mod. You don't need to be admin to do this now (it'd be different if August wasn't responsive/dead/etc).

If Norm has concerns about you being too jumpy on punishment then I'd also hesitate with my vote. Admin roles are generally community wide, even though your focus is on one server you are expected to also make decisions affecting the community. That's why judgement has such high scrutiny.

I think you do a great job as a mod but I don't think you'd be ready for admin - and even if so, too many cooks in the kitchen is in fact a bad thing at upper leadership. But, if August thinks he needs more help at that role, then he may well wish to bring you in. I am equally opposed to the idea of blocking a well-qualified candidate for admin solely due to "enough admins"

I don't necessarily have high concerns about you getting admin, but any minor concern becomes a major one when dealing with the admin level of leadership.

I'd suggest trying to do more for murder activity wise - be more of an advocate on the discord, host events, etc - and make sure you are keeping the fun times/easy on punishment when moderating.

Again to be clear, because I'm half drunk, you are a fantastic mod and there's no issues/corrections to be made. I'm sure Norm would agree that your service to Murder has been strong under his tenure, and August would likely agree. You made the server fun when I used to play, and I hope you continue to RDM Norm.

I am a -0 at this time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
no vote but 3 is the sweet spot for admins
idk how many murder currently has
[Image: gBkzZod.png]