Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panda's Abuse Thread (Mod App)
There's no doubt that you staff well and you are a good staff member to have on the team, but what concerns me is the issue that wrom stated of having low complications in the server and being stressed or having trouble with the server when there was little trouble. I don't believe, imo of being in the same position, that it is hard to manage the server in a way to keep it calm and less chaotic. Which brings the question of how much stress would you be able to take as a moderator having to try to hold down the server and be a prime leader to ease the issues and fix problems that the players have? How much difficulty would you have to be able to control and keep the server together without feeling completely engulfed or bombarded by constant problems happening? Like I said, I do believe that you can dish out punishments well and would be a good asset to have as a moderator + you are a good tmod with the experience you have, but with the issue of feeling pressured, it concerns me to think that you wouldn't be able to handle the demand to try to keep everything under control.
(11-08-2023, 04:02 AM)slater Wrote: There's no doubt that you staff well and you are a good staff member to have on the team, but what concerns me is the issue that wrom stated of having low complications in the server and being stressed or having trouble with the server when there was little trouble. I don't believe, imo of being in the same position, that it is hard to manage the server in a way to keep it calm and less chaotic. Which brings the question of how much stress would you be able to take as a moderator having to try to hold down the server and be a prime leader to ease the issues and fix problems that the players have? How much difficulty would you have to be able to control and keep the server together without feeling completely engulfed or bombarded by constant problems happening? Like I said, I do believe that you can dish out punishments well and would be a good asset to have as a moderator + you are a good tmod with the experience you have, but with the issue of feeling pressured, it concerns me to think that you wouldn't be able to handle the demand to try to keep everything under control.

So, from my understanding, this was a one-off statement that Panda said where Wrom was present, and now you are piggybacking his opinion in a staff application with “concerns to keep things under control?” This is the most ridiculous stuff I’ve ever seen.

To address you two, Panda is a FANTASTIC staff member and I know for a fact multiple people have seen him handle being solo-staff well enough that you don’t need to have these silly “concerns.” The fact that Wrom has to say he says he knows Panda is a good staff member, but this one (yes, ONE) scenario is the reason for his -1 is beyond unbelievable. Stop trying to play devil’s advocate and support the guy.

Panda, you are a fantastic T-Mod and are one of the few active staff members to actually help out. Giving you the role of Moderator, which multiple people have stepped down recently or just became inactive would be definitely helpful to the server as a whole; and I also have no doubt you specifically would be able to handle it exceptionally. Ever since I’ve joined the server you’ve practically been my role model for staffing.

Very obvious +1
(11-08-2023, 02:05 PM)☁ Pluto Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:02 AM)slater Wrote: There's no doubt that you staff well and you are a good staff member to have on the team, but what concerns me is the issue that wrom stated of having low complications in the server and being stressed or having trouble with the server when there was little trouble. I don't believe, imo of being in the same position, that it is hard to manage the server in a way to keep it calm and less chaotic. Which brings the question of how much stress would you be able to take as a moderator having to try to hold down the server and be a prime leader to ease the issues and fix problems that the players have? How much difficulty would you have to be able to control and keep the server together without feeling completely engulfed or bombarded by constant problems happening? Like I said, I do believe that you can dish out punishments well and would be a good asset to have as a moderator + you are a good tmod with the experience you have, but with the issue of feeling pressured, it concerns me to think that you wouldn't be able to handle the demand to try to keep everything under control.

So, from my understanding, this was a one-off statement that Panda said where Wrom was present, and now you are piggybacking his opinion in a staff application with “concerns to keep things under control?” This is the most ridiculous stuff I’ve ever seen.

To address you two, Panda is a FANTASTIC staff member and I know for a fact multiple people have seen him handle being solo-staff well enough that you don’t need to have these silly “concerns.” The fact that Wrom has to say he says he knows Panda is a good staff member, but this one (yes, ONE) scenario is the reason for his -1 is beyond unbelievable. Stop trying to play devil’s advocate and support the guy.

Panda, you are a fantastic T-Mod and are one of the few active staff members to actually help out. Giving you the role of Moderator, which multiple people have stepped down recently or just became inactive would be definitely helpful to the server as a whole; and I also have no doubt you specifically would be able to handle it exceptionally. Ever since I’ve joined the server you’ve practically been my role model for staffing.

Very obvious +1
First of all everyone is allowed to think for themselves and go against the grain. Sorry im not meat glucking every staff member I think what I said was a very valid concern because if the server is very chill and he is having issues controlling it how will he handle it being solo staff how will he not jump the gun? Like I said hes a good staff member but its also a valid concern.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
(11-08-2023, 04:02 AM)slater Wrote: -snip-

The reason I had stated this was for a constructive criticism that should be worked on which no doubt he probably will fix, but to try disregard a “concern” or “constructive feedback” for someone to look at and work on is not ideal. I didn’t say he was not bad staff, like you had seem to try to communicate that we were mentioning that he was bad. But are we not allowed to bring up concerns nowadays? I think it’s rather foolish to try to gloss over. I haven’t given my vote for a +1 or -1  rather because I wanted to POINT something out that should be addressed, not something that should take away and be given as a negative rather then try to fully support without not giving any feedback to the staff member in question. I had mentioned wrom’s comment because I think it’s a concern. Whatever vote he has is beyond my jurisdiction but with my statement, I had thought to bring it up.
(11-08-2023, 02:22 PM)Wrom Wrote:

Very obvious +1
First of all everyone is allowed to think for themselves and go against the grain. Sorry im not meat glucking every staff member I think what I said was a very valid concern because if the server is very chill and he is having issues controlling it how will he handle it being solo staff how will he not jump the gun? Like I said hes a good staff member but its also a valid concern.

I’m on mobile so I can’t shorten the quotes so sorry about that.

Yes, Wrom, it’s alright to have concerns, but when you advocate for someone not receiving a staff promotion based on one statement, it becomes a bigger issue than that. In your initial post, you specifically said he’s a great staff member so surely you have seen him handle plenty of situations to a good degree, but then after seeing him say something that you find “concerning”, you head over to his application and essentially say he isn’t ready for the role.

I do want to mention that I have done a lot of solo staffing where I have dealt with chaotic server situations earlier in my staffing and have not had as many chaotic sessions recently. I do agree that I could do a better job calming down situations especially since I try to text chat more than voice chat and voice chat catches people's attention quite a bit more. I also have been a little slow when getting stricter about situations and handling things. I do remember one of the times I had a rough time dealing with the stress of the server was during the Picker times I was having trouble since staff hadn't clearly figured out how they wanted to handle the situation and I was trying to staff with a server of people using it in weird ways and I just decided to get off after trying to staff and having too rough of a time. I was still an early trusted and could have handled the situation better.

I tend to take a more passive approach so that when an issue appears I can handle it, but I can understand the need to work on a more leader approach to staffing and preventative measures. I am a bit of a passive person so this has been a bit of a harder issue for me. I have slowly been working on this recently by trying to stop the dog pile of some regulars from egging on random players for being a bit trolly or aggressive.

Most times where I have said I couldn't handle the server were due to me being high or using that as an excuse to go do something else since I didn't feel like playing gmod. The specific time that Wrom brings up I think I got off for the night and claimed it was too hectic since I was tired, high, and I believe a friend had also used that excuse and I was bandwagoning. I want to be able to play on the server for a long time so I try to make sure I don't burn myself out. If your only reason for concern is me voicing an annoyance then idk what to say things can be annoying to each person for a variety of reasons and sometimes people say things that aren't that serious to exaggerate their feelings.
(11-08-2023, 03:18 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:02 AM)slater Wrote: -snip-
I’m glad you had brought it up and explained the situation for that and for the reasoning of why and that’s understandable. I had discussed it to make it known and aware of an issue I find concerning, given that there was no context for it up until today. I believe you would make a good mod and it’s good to take a break to not burn out, but also just make sure to explain certain situations so they aren’t misconstrued into something that doesn’t give the full context. Thank you for replying.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
+1
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
@PandaInPants I can't see that I know a lot about you,, however. I have seen you punch above your weight on quite a number of occasions, and to me that says you care about the community, not just your slice of it. +1 I would be happy to see you as a Mod.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]