where's the evidence
-1. I'm gonna have to agree with Toyshop here, if the community's consensus was that Shaye has had too many chances, the same should be applied here.

Also lying on your unban request about ban evasion isn't a great look.

I definitely do think the proof of scripting should be posted here as well.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(10-15-2023, 05:08 PM)ToyShop Wrote: I'd like to see what sort of criteria exists for determining if someone is using third party software to bhop, I reckon if there were a way to detect it half of the people who joke about it would be banned. I trust Tiefling's judgment, for as long as I've known her she's been impartial and even handed about punishment so I'm going to say -1 for the time being, but I'd like to hear more reasoning both for the ban and why you should be unbanned.
its determined by mostly staff who bhop themselves and is very easy to spot if you know what to look for.

also grasse isnt cheating/scripting +1
Btw before looking a number of bans an deciding when someone had to many chances, look at what the bans are for. Most of Grasse's are from exploiting with the graple hook (getting where he didn't belong or gaining a ton of speed) OR slurring. Also no idea why GBans decided to put me as the person that unbanned him for most of them when I unbanned him from his last perma when he appealed that. (Which was for consistent slurring)
(10-15-2023, 06:21 PM)chibill Wrote: Btw before looking a number of bans an deciding when someone had to many chances, look at what the bans are for.  Most of Grasse's are from exploiting with the graple hook (getting where he didn't belong or gaining a ton of speed) OR slurring.  Also no idea why GBans decided to put me as the person that unbanned him  for most of them when I unbanned him from his last perma when he appealed that. (Which was for consistent slurring)
I'm not saying context doesn't matter, but 16 is an awful lot regardless of what they're for. It's really quite easy to not have any bans let alone 16 of them.

edit: Also using slurs makes people feel uncomfortable and unwelcome and contributes to the atmosphere negatively. I don't see them as "lesser bans" in any sense.
(10-15-2023, 06:21 PM)chibill Wrote: Btw before looking a number of bans an deciding when someone had to many chances, look at what the bans are for.  Most of Grasse's are from exploiting with the graple hook (getting where he didn't belong or gaining a ton of speed) OR slurring.  Also no idea why GBans decided to put me as the person that unbanned him  for most of them when I unbanned him from his last perma when he appealed that. (Which was for consistent slurring)
this is true, but also the reasoning given for lifting his ban then (which he also evaded after his first appeal was denied, mind) was that he would learn to stop slurring in the new warn system, which he did not as he went on to gain repeated slur warnings
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
As Tiefling said, when it comes to being allowed back into the community, the expectation is that the behaviour that got you banned in the first place changes(which once again, this is the same case as Shaye).

Grasse has been warned several times recently for slurring, and has also ban evaded again, which I believe he was perma'd for in the past as well.

I don't think he should be given any more chances just because of how well liked he is within the community.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(10-15-2023, 05:08 PM)ToyShop Wrote: I'd like to see what sort of criteria exists for determining if someone is using third party software to bhop, I reckon if there were a way to detect it half of the people who joke about it would be banned. I trust Tiefling's judgment, for as long as I've known her she's been impartial and even handed about punishment so I'm going to say -1 for the time being, but I'd like to hear more reasoning both for the ban and why you should be unbanned.
i think i know why you asked this question now.
ok so we've determined saying slurs is bad and ban evading is bad, cheating is a pretty serious accusation and we should see proof of that too since it's included in the ban reason
(10-15-2023, 07:37 PM)lacer Wrote: ok so we've determined saying slurs is bad and ban evading is bad, cheating is a pretty serious accusation and we should see proof of that too since it's included in the ban reason
the evidence available isn't going to convince you and at this point it doesn't really matter, multiple instances of ban evasion and 40+ warn points is enough reason for the appeal to be denied on its own, i can change the ban reason if it will make you happy
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-15-2023, 07:50 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 07:37 PM)lacer Wrote: ok so we've determined saying slurs is bad and ban evading is bad, cheating is a pretty serious accusation and we should see proof of that too since it's included in the ban reason
the evidence available isn't going to convince you and at this point it doesn't really matter, multiple instances of ban evasion and 40+ warn points is enough reason for the appeal to be denied on its own, i can change the ban reason if it will make you happy
if the evidence available won't convince people then it isn't enough evidence to include cheating in the ban reason, not saying the ban wasn't warranted i'm just saying if you're going to include something as a reason you're banning someone then you should have conclusive evidence for it