where's the evidence
(10-16-2023, 02:27 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: So many of the people +1 on this are just ignoring the majority of Grasses warns are for slurs. Why is Grasse just forgiven for slurs, but if any random slurs every one here and their mother goes "staff get them get them omigosh."  Also so many of the people here sre showing how big of hypicrites they are when they defend grasse slurring or now just join the server to minge and constantly go "whoopsie u didnt hear me slur did you?" Like arent many of you adults come on now its a fuckin video game go troll somewhere else.

"hypicrites"
[Image: F8oc055.jpg]
(10-15-2023, 11:37 PM)chiP (2) Wrote: +1 for unban

-snip- 
-written by ai
I'm unsure of why the consequences of grasse's behavior are being pinned on tiefling, as if she's not just doing her job as staff. It's perfectly valid for her to not support the idea of bending the rules by lifting a ban that is warranted based on the point system that everyone else in the server has to follow. People shouldn't be given special permission to continue playing on the server at the expense of everyone who expects the rules to be evenly enforced. The level of entitlement it takes to think you/your friend shouldn't be subject to the rules so that you can have fun is just wild.
(10-16-2023, 02:27 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: So many of the people +1 on this are just ignoring the majority of Grasses warns are for slurs. Why is Grasse just forgiven for slurs, but if any random slurs every one here and their mother goes "staff get them get them omigosh."  Also so many of the people here sre showing how big of hypicrites they are when they defend grasse slurring or now just join the server to minge and constantly go "whoopsie u didnt hear me slur did you?" Like arent many of you adults come on now its a fuckin video game go troll somewhere else. 4chan exists for you
I don't think he's really being forgiven for them (except by nash ig), there are probably a few people who think it isn't a problem which is an absolutely braindead take, but overall most of the people wanting grasse unbanned think he's fun to play with despite his infractions, not because they think it's okay to slur and troll. 

I also don't really believe that the people defending him (there IS a difference between defending him and supporting an unban btw) are the same kind of people that just get on to slur and troll other players. If they were, I'd expect them all to be banned just like grasse. It's just not right to paint people that don't agree with you in such a negative light by calling them hypocrites or trolls or telling them to go browse 4chan. That's just counterproductive and destroys any meaningful conversation, although I'm not sure there was any meaningful conversation to be had anyways, given the situation. 

tl;dr people arent defending grasse, name calling is bad

edit: also just to be clear i dont support people breaking rules and getting away with it, he is my friend and i like playing with him so ofc i would like to keep playing with him but this is very clearly not something he should be coming back from
Plenty of people here are definitely letting personal biases rule what they're saying here. I know multiple people +1ing this have been ones to -1 unbans for either the same thing, the same thing but less consistent, or just objectively smaller things. I like grasse, but having several active slur warns is bad, and I know just for one 'ban evasion' I got a ban extended by three months at one point. At one point there was a "if the person doesn't show signs of change we just need to keep them away" sentiment under certain staff teams, circa aethor bans way back when, even from people here.

Slurs are going to happen, it's an old community based game, that's whatever, but we gotta abide by something at least a little bit consistently.

-1 for unban, saying +1 for reduction on a perma is stupid you can't reduce a perma that doesn't make sense but idk give him like a month or two for the evade and see where we're at at that point imo, float the idea of a pmute/pgag threat on his next unban if we're that worried just to cover all the bases
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
As far as I'm concerned, if a random person was to make this same exact ban appeal post people would -1 and say "Low effort post, do you even care, you also lied about ban evasion."

Speaking to grasse directly, you need to shape up. You've only just recently started all this slurring nonsense since I've started playing actively and I know you're better than this. You are, in my eyes, very clearly capable of being better. People obviously enjoy you playing on the server. If you REALLY care about getting unbanned, I reckon you put more effort into this post rather than letting everyone get riled up with each other.

With the scripting allegations, staff have discussed this and it's inconclusive still so I won't be touching on that.

I'll hold my decision for now with the hope you're genuine about this.
Tief does a great job as moderator and I believe she followed the correct protocol with the ban as it is warranted according to the way staffing is handled. The thing is Grasse is someone who has been here for some time which makes it all the more reason he should have stopped slurring. IDK I'm just being bias I guess. Sucks when someone gets permad who has been playing a long time. I hope perma ban is reduced but a suitable punishment is found.
(10-16-2023, 04:10 PM)⚡Nash Wrote: Tief does a great job as moderator and I believe she followed the correct protocol with the ban as it is warranted according to the way staffing is handled. The thing is Grasse is someone who has been here for some time which makes it all the more reason he should have stopped slurring. IDK I'm just being bias I guess. Sucks when someone gets permad who has been playing a long time. I hope perma ban is reduced but a suitable punishment is found.
i understand why you feel that way but at the same time we have to establish that rules can't be broken if you've been here long enough, they apply to everyone
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
ban reason is a complete miss
idgaf about ban evasion for stupid RDM bans and funny teehee trolling because that shit is hilarious, but slurs are edgy, if that wasn't in the picture would be an easy call
you should fix that then unban would make sense
(10-16-2023, 05:08 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: ban reason is a complete miss
idgaf about ban evasion for stupid RDM bans and funny teehee trolling because that shit is hilarious, but slurs are edgy, if that wasn't in the picture would be an easy call
you should fix that
the updated ban reason is 30 point warn threshold + ban evasion
[Image: gBkzZod.png]