where's the evidence
posting this here for a bit of insight because there's been a lot of back and forth about it and i'm curious what some of the people in this thread will think of it
https://streamable.com/y27oda

pluto noticed that grasse (on his :3c alt) continued bhopping during the map end screen, while pluto's bhopping was blocked, it's a bit hard to tell at first but you can see when he passes by the bottom right edge of the screen at about 9 seconds that he's still bhopping and turning and maintaining his speed, and he's still bhopping when pluto closes the menus

we tested it and found that both the end of round context menu and the map voting screen block jumping with scroll wheel, but allow jumping with space
the only way this could make sense is if grasse is bhopping by manually pressing space with perfect timing for every jump without ever missing an input, which seems more farfetched to us than someone using an autohop script

this is still secondary to the warn points and ban evasion, as a reminder
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
-1 for hacking. I literally do not see anything.

I’ll let @yeat handle the rest.
(10-17-2023, 01:32 PM)Icey Wrote: -1 for hacking. I literally do not see anything.

I’ll let @yeat handle the rest.

To be fair, it's really hard to grasp if you don't know what the path to conclusion was. Basically, the question is: how is grasse able to jump during the map vote/context menu when we determined that scroll wheel could not execute a +jump command during those screens?

It's really inconclusive, as I said before, and it would be really helpful if grasse would be able to shed some light on how he managed to do this.

And just to reiterate what tiefling said, this comes only second to the ban evasion and warn points.
I don't think in the 10 years of playing gmod even when I was a TTT admin on ToyRoom I ever witnessed someone with 16 bans. I struggle personally with following a lot of the rules sometimes because I forget, other times because I disagree but even then I feel like if you're at the point where you have racked up over a dozen bans it's because you have chosen to make your problems the server's.
Video shows nothing useful, map vote doesn't appear at the same time for everyone.
Grasse might be an idiot and a edgelord, but not a hacker in all the years I've known him and I'd be shocked if someone who knows how to bhop already decided to use scripts instead

-1 to unban for now for the slurs and ban evasion though, but I would like to see him reapply with a fresh start in a month or two, hopefully with a little more substance to the appeal.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(10-17-2023, 03:17 PM)Foxka Wrote: Video shows nothing useful, map vote doesn't appear at the same time for everyone.
Grasse might be an idiot and a edgelord, but not a hacker in all the years I've known him and I'd be shocked if someone who knows how to bhop already decided to use scripts instead
what do you mean that it doesn't appear at the same time for everyone? i'm pretty sure it always shows up at the end of the round, and even accounting for latency or whatever i don't think it would make big enough of a difference to show up multiple bhops later, and even if the map vote doesn't the round end menu does

also just because someone knows how to do something doesn't mean they wouldn't use a script to make it easier, high ranking competitive players cheat in games all the time
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-17-2023, 03:25 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 03:17 PM)Foxka Wrote: Video shows nothing useful, map vote doesn't appear at the same time for everyone.
what do you mean that it doesn't appear at the same time for everyone? i'm pretty sure it always shows up at the end of the round, and even accounting for latency or whatever i don't think it would make big enough of a difference to show up multiple bhops later, and even if the map vote doesn't the round end menu does

also just because someone knows how to do something doesn't mean they wouldn't use a script to make it easier, high ranking competitive players cheat in games all the time
 speaking from experience it can take a second or two. In the video, it looks like he's jumping but not moving his mouse (which is why he slowed down) because of the vote menu. Just thought I'd point that out is all.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(10-17-2023, 08:10 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 03:25 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:

speaking from experience it can take a second or two. In the video, it looks like he's jumping but not moving his mouse (which is why he slowed down) because of the vote menu. Just thought I'd point that out is all.

In the video, he's using a command called +strafe, which makes it so your mouse movements move your player instead of aiming. That's how he is bhopping in a circle without turning at all before the map vote and context menu come up.
after looking at that clip there really isn't anything

that has been my hacker analysis, goober out

(he pressed space bar, capping your fps makes the game feel a lot slower and therefore makes it easier to time hops and from what i remember grasse telling me he's been spacebar bhopping since before he joined dinks so its really not a big stretch to say he was jumping with space the whole time, using it in combination with +strafe is most likely what happened here)