Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(11-08-2023, 05:10 PM)Icey Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:46 PM)☁ Pluto Wrote: -snip-
There have been countless members of staff that work with admins on the test server to implement new updates / changes. I think this is a highly sought after skill as it goes hand in hand with some of the responsibilities of admin. I also said that she doesn't do a whole lot when it comes to helping implement those changes. I never said she doesn't do much as a moderator. I just think it takes more than being a good mod to want to be admin. As for the mic thing, I'm definitely not joking. I prefer if my admins would have a mic.

In your opinion, what are the routes you would expect a Moderator to take in order to implement these changes?

Tiefling has helped by hopping on the test server from what I can see.
(11-08-2023, 05:10 PM)Icey Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:46 PM)☁ Pluto Wrote: sniped
As for the mic thing, I'm definitely not joking. I prefer if my admins would have a mic.
i agree +0 for now tiefling is very helpful but this
[Image: IMG_9520.png?ex=655e8e1b&is=654c191b&hm=...6a48808b6&]

anyway all i would be saying would be reiterating what others have said, tiefling is a good moderator but mostly all of what was said can be done as a mod like slater/icey/dong said earlier

the mic thing isnt really a big issue but like what if everyone on the server is yelling and screaming what happens then, just gag everyone and type out a message?? kinda difficult to control ppl if theyre all gagged and thats a lot of typing ive had to do it before and its much easier to talk over the fools idk but still +0 like before maybe if an admin stepped down you'd be a good candidate with 3 admins it might still be some outnumbering or some other issue like reina said
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
(11-08-2023, 04:13 PM)Icey Wrote: I'm going to have to -1. I think you are a decent moderator but that isn't enough to justify getting admin. You don't do a whole lot on the balancing or updates side of things (as far as I'm aware). I just don't see what you would be able to do as Admin that you can't do as Mod.

I also prefer my admins to have a mic.

good luck my friend!
I got the weapon files from Bryan a while ago to mess with them a bit but I didn't end up getting very far as I got busy with other stuff for a while and I'm not really super experienced with gmod file stuff yet, and like I said it'd be easier to experiment on the test server without needing to pester an admin to set things up every time I have something new to try (after taking some time to learn my way around obviously). I've tried suggesting a few quality of life plugins to add to the server and at least one of them Ryan tested and said should be good to go, but I didn't end up hearing much back about it from the admins after pinging it again. I do hop on the test server to help test things whenever it's needed and I'm available, but there's usually not much going on there lately that I'm aware of. I'm not really sure what all I can do beyond that as moderator, as anything I'd like to change or add requires the already limited time of the admins anyways.

Overall, I think Chibill and Bryan have the general maintenance and updates side of things handled pretty well. Obviously I'd help where I can in that regard, but mainly I can handle more of the bureaucratic management type stuff like Ryan said and test some stuff here and there so they can focus more of their available time on other things.

As for mic usage, I guess I can see where you're coming from but idk it's never really been an issue for me. Milk was admin and I've never heard him use a mic, but I wasn't around so maybe he used it back then.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(11-08-2023, 06:31 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: As for mic usage, I guess I can see where you're coming from but idk it's never really been an issue for me. Milk was admin and I've never heard him use a mic, but I wasn't around so maybe he used it back then.
Do NOT disrespect Lycan by calling him a former admin. What did he ever do to you?

iight meme out of the way
I've got mixed opinions. I've been one of your bigger critics over your staff tenure. I've probably given more resistance to your initial staff apps than most during that time. I've given concern over temperament in game moderation and general concern over staffing ability - much of which was proven to be a non-issue over your staff tenure.
Honestly my only concern is whether you have enough experience to take that next step. I don't recall how long you have been around, but probably long enough. I'm too lazy to look tbh.
As to your rationale, well you explain very clearly the role you want to fill, administration, and why that isn't possible at the mod level. Both Chibill and BryanBabe are excellent technical admins, and having a dedicated admin to ensure the appeals and staff apps are organized and handled in a timely fashion is a role I see you fulfilling well.
My one and only critique of most past TTT admins has been the response time to staff apps and unbans. I see much value in having a dedicated admin who can set deadlines for decisions and get the actions handled.

I'm not going to vote due to inactivity but Id imagine if I had more context I'd be supportive of your application.

Best of luck with your application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(11-12-2023, 03:27 AM)Jammin Wrote: snarp
thank you for your feedback former admin jamming
i joined in september of last year, so a year and a couple months ago
idk how long admins are usually around before becoming admins but it feels like i've been here for a while

also i'd like to just to generally point out some additional information as to why this role would be beneficial for anyone who might have doubts since i forgot to mention discord and forum stuff, here is everything that goes into just one promotion as far as i understand it
  1. read the application and all of the feedback
  2. reach a verdict among the admins
  3. post the verdict and close the thread
  4. reach out to send the staff discord invite
  5. add their roles in both discords
  6. add their role on the forums
  7. update the staff list on the forums
  8. send the promotions to dink
now multiply that by however many applications there are and repeat the last 4 steps whenever someone resigns, and i imagine you end up with a pretty time consuming process
all of that is what i would like to handle, along with everything else i've mentioned
-1 for now only because of some arising concerns.

1) It seems like you tend to jump the gun when making decisions. A good example is I have often times noticed that rather than try to reason with a player who gets out of hand, you will immediately jump to the highest forum of punishment. Don't get me wrong while some of those actions for players are deserved, some of them seems to be a bit excessive.

2) I have noticed a dynamic you tend to have where people who are friends of you get a different level of treatment when it comes to justice. Sometimes when I will see you engage in prop battles with me and I swing back, I immediately get a report that will automatically turn into a slay. Where as say someone you know hucks a prop at you, they get off with a laugh or joke. This is more on the mild side of things but the self handling of reports when more staff are on and the blatant bias raises some concerns of how you would handle being admin.

3) Your level of treatment vary's from player to player. I know a player that will often use reverb microphone effects, if you know who I am talking about good but I am not going to call them out. Pretty funny fs, everyone gets a good kick out of it. When they do it you have basically no reaction as such because its a pretty normal thing for that player. When I enabled a minor autotune that wasn't obnoxious or effecting the volume of my output in any way, you absolutely lost it and went off on me.

Your enforcement of rules seems to follow a trend where if you know the player more on a friendly level, you won't take action towards rule breaking. Where as if you dislike the player, you won't give a second thought about executing some form of action.

I just worry that if you are an Admin I will start to see more of these kind of things but with a higher level of power. This is coming from a player that has noticed some traits that seem to raise red flags as I know that people who are closer friends with you won't have anything bad to say.
I don't want to deflect criticism, but there is some definite misinformation going on here, intentional or not.

(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: 2) I have noticed a dynamic you tend to have where people who are friends of you get a different level of treatment when it comes to justice. Sometimes when I will see you engage in prop battles with me and I swing back, I immediately get a report that will automatically turn into a slay. Where as say someone you know hucks a prop at you, they get off with a laugh or joke.
The only times I've reported you for prop rdm are when I was not prop fighting anyone. It's pretty normal for people to not care as much about being rdmed by their friends. When it comes to handling reports as staff, I always treat them objectively, but as a player I can choose whether to forgive or not.

(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: This is more on the mild side of things but the self handling of reports when more staff are on and the blatant bias raises some concerns of how you would handle being admin.
This is an accusation that I do not take lightly, and I challenge you or anyone to provide any evidence of it having happened. I have never handled my own reports with other staff on, literally any other staff member who has staffed with me can confirm this. There have been a handful of times I've disagreed with another staff's ruling in staff chat, but I've always left my reports to their call.

(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: 3) Your level of treatment vary's from player to player. I know a player that will often use reverb microphone effects, if you know who I am talking about good but I am not going to call them out. Pretty funny fs, everyone gets a good kick out of it. When they do it you have basically no reaction as such because its a pretty normal thing for that player.
I genuinely don't know who you're talking about, because I can't think of anyone who does that. Maybe Damien? If so, he can attest that I have in fact warned him for mic spam on more than one occasion.

(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: When I enabled a minor autotune that wasn't obnoxious or effecting the volume of my output in any way, you absolutely lost it and went off on me.
By "absolutely lost it", you mean I asked you once to turn it off because it was annoying, then copy pasted the relevant rule after you had asked which rule you were breaking.
I dont normally defend tiefling in Application, because I would rather test them to see how they respond.

That being said 
counterpoint 1: ya got any proof of what you are saying? if you dont, it kind of sounds like a baseless accusation ( I am guilty of this via hypotheticals). 

Counterpoint 2: in fairness, Tiefling is a human. Tiefling will eventually make the occasional judement mis-call or impartiality mis-call. Oh no. Heavens forbid Tiefling make a judgement call or be a human! no! you dont say! impossible! all jokes aside, I will return to point one, evidence. Otherwise this is truly a baseless claim (one which not even public reputation will support).

Counterpoint 3: Honestly, I think you are missing context for these RDM's. In one case, the RDM may be malicious and thus punishable. In another instance, the RDM may have been a complete freak accident, dismissed entirely because it is that--an accident without the intention to RDM. For example, If I get prop blocked, and I start swinging magneto to free myself and smack you, is that RDM because you died?

overall, +0 due to me not having time for TTT in a long time, but like, I think Tiefling must be going in the right direction if this many people want them to get the small upgrade.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
as others have previously said I would optionally rather my admins talk in voice chat just on a communication level, I think you do great work as a moderator but truthfully I don't see how moving to admin would be much of a change besides a red name... your work is almost entirely based around day to day TTT staffing which you handle very well but admins on dinklebergs as far as I understand it serve more as developers and I would rather that position go to someone who can assist in the development side of TTT. I think if you were to learn more about source engine itself I would feel a lot more confident in you being an admin but as it stands now -1.
+1 for tief. gonna have to come back later to type out my answer again but wanted to give my vote for now. also didnt we have two mute admins for 2021 and 2022? i never heard nicol on mic at least and i do not actually remember the other persons name rn