Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
as admin, i pledge to !ungag otis
(11-14-2023, 01:20 AM)skelesyn Wrote: I don't see how moving to admin would be much of a change besides a red name... your work is almost entirely based around day to day TTT staffing which you handle very well but admins on dinklebergs as far as I understand it serve more as developers and I would rather that position go to someone who can assist in the development side of TTT.
I might not be able to sway your overall opinion which is fine, but I'd just like to point out that you've seen firsthand the gap in the current admin team that I'd like to fill, as you've been pretty vocal about how long your application took to receive a verdict. Admins are developers yes, but they're also community managers, and a lot of community matters require time and attention of admins to move forward. Chibill and Bryan are already great developers, and having an extra admin to focus on the administrative management role would mean things like promotions and appeals being processed faster.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Tiefling is a wonderful candidate for Admin. She has the sort of unbiased and impartial attitude that I think would be great for handling staff applications, rule adjustments, etc.

When it comes to the majority of replies on this thread, people are mostly concerned with the experience tiefling possesses for “development of the server.” Now while I can see why that’s an important aspect of Admin, she very clearly states that she doesn’t have this experience, BUT is willing to learn in her time of getting the role. She’s also been very clear that her intention as an Admin is to focus on the other things that chibill any bryan cannot.

We’ve all seen the staff applications go without being responded to for a long time, and to have someone more dedicated to that side of Admin is a fantastic idea. The rules and staff guidelines could definitely use a more dedicated look and readjustment; and with tiefling, she’d be able to easily identify the issues and fix them.

Another issue I’ve noticed with Admins is the possibility for availability. Chibill was solo-Admin for a substantial amount of time while Bryan was doing personal stuff. Having a third Admin would help in situations like this just so Chibill isn’t left hanging to dry with no help while he’s focused on other stuff, or even worse, if he has to also deal with personal stuff himself.

While on the topic of Chibill, I’d like to discuss what most people seem disgruntled about in this thread. Chibill rose to Admin very quickly, not only due to his nature as a person, but because of his role as a developer. I can see how this can skew most people’s views on what an Admin “should” be before they apply for that role, but that’s the thing. Chibill IS the developer for the server and he handles that part, on his own, very well. Whether he needs help in that area or not is his own concern. While on the less technical side of things, I’ll just refer back to the delay on accepted staff applications as an example.

Now on to the microphone thing. Tiefling has always dealt with this topic in nearly all of her staff applications and I’ve read through them all. Despite that, she’s risen through the ranks all the way up to Moderator. She’s by far the most active of the bunch, and she does her job well. This part might sound a little silly, but I’d compare her mic issue to people asking a face reveal from their most loved Youtuber. It’s not a prerequisite for any role, and she’s proven why. And to the people who feel as if Moderator and Admin are very different in this regard with microphones, that’s just not the case. Not much more to say.

Now, I’m not gonna touch on anything else (even though I could go on and on), but I think I’ve laid out enough of my reasoning as to why I personally believe tiefling would be a good Admin and why a third Admin is a good idea in general (to those who think two is plenty, it’s not.)

+1 for Admin tiefling. Good luck on the rest of your application. I personally think your responses to criticism have been voiced perfectly and you show real dedication to wanting to improve the server. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the rest! :)
Nobody is saying another admin wouldn’t be beneficial. Some people are just not comfortable with tiefling in that role. This is understandable due to her past denied staff apps/issues with players. Closing staff apps and resolving ban requests sounds incredibly easy, regardless of whether our admins are doing it or not, so I don’t think it’s the best selling point.

Chibill fixed a disgusting amount of issues in his time through the ranks, but so have others that have never reached admin. They did not wait until admin to start accomplishing the things they wanted to do. Let’s stop acting like taking the initiative as mod/other ranks is unheard of.

Let’s all remember we can disagree with each other without being passive aggressive. I promise it will be okay at the end of the day.

Good luck on the application my friend!
In my time here the only mute admin was Queef Commando ( he talked to his friends outside of the server and very rarely in game). There isn't really an ideal number of admins because either way you will be outnumbered active to inactive. A lot of the things you say that you can bring to the table could already be happening if Bryan and Chibill were to find extra time. Like Ryanrr said above, there have been tons and tons of moderators or even lower ranks that have done backend work over the years and they weren't even close in the admin running. You saying that you can be "an active admin" will still not get much of anything done if one or two of the others are inactive as well. My biggest concern is that I do not think you are impartial when it comes to punishing people based off what I have personally witnessed and what other people have said over time. Another thing to note is that your effectiveness to the team and server can be displayed with any role not just admin. You're a good mod from what I have seen, but I don't think admin is appropriate for now taking into consideration what I and others have said. I'm going to -1, but still good luck
why yall wanna hear her talk so bad lol...

(you don't need a mic to be admin and its really unfair to try to force someone to speak in order for you guys to give positive input on their app)
Beefling wants to be there as a voice for the admins during periods of silence and help mitigate decisions. I think this would be a fine role for Beef as she is quite good at giving formal responses to things. There are times that Beef has some bias and puts on the pressure when she thinks she's right, but that is not uncommon with people.  Beefling is very responsive and is on the server very often. I think Beef would do well at assisting busier admins by taking the less time-consuming tasks that she wants to take.  Personally, I think even if your reason for admin is to speed up the processing of some more minor issues, that's enough of a reason. We are a gmod server, and people don't have time or patience in this day and age to wait for responses or messages from higher staff. If some random makes a request on the forums and it takes 3+ weeks, they are gonna forget about the server.
 I honestly had thought about who I would pick if we needed a new admin, and it's tricky because we ain't got nobody anymore. I honestly had thought that I would want someone more experienced than Beefling at first, but our current mod team is kind of lacking in activity and experience.  Beefling is very good at being an unbiased staff member in many situations that I have seen. (besides her prop killing rdm reports) 
Many people have said that these are things that potentially could be solved at a mod level. This is probably true, but having someone at the same level as admins when speaking out on staff chat problems, talking to players about ongoing issues, and communicating in general, it feels better for someone with the admin badge to be the one speaking. If our other admins are good at technical and behind-the-scenes work, then having someone take the pain of dealing with speaking can help them take a break.

Also after being here around a year and a half Beefling has around 13,000 posts in the discords so I think she has a lot of talking practice. (edit because i forgot to say +1)
(11-15-2023, 08:10 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: Beefling wants to be there as a voice for the admins during periods of silence and help mitigate decisions. I think this would be a fine role for Beef as she is quite good at giving formal responses to things. There are times that Beef has some bias and puts on the pressure when she thinks she's right, but that is not uncommon with people.  Beefling is very responsive and is on the server very often. I think Beef would do well at assisting busier admins by taking the less time-consuming tasks that she wants to take.  Personally, I think even if your reason for admin is to speed up the processing of some more minor issues, that's enough of a reason. We are a gmod server, and people don't have time or patience in this day and age to wait for responses or messages from higher staff. If some random makes a request on the forums and it takes 3+ weeks, they are gonna forget about the server.
 I honestly had thought about who I would pick if we needed a new admin, and it's tricky because we ain't got nobody anymore. I honestly had thought that I would want someone more experienced than Beefling at first, but our current mod team is kind of lacking in activity and experience.  Beefling is very good at being an unbiased staff member in many situations that I have seen. (besides her prop killing rdm reports) 
Many people have said that these are things that potentially could be solved at a mod level. This is probably true, but having someone at the same level as admins when speaking out on staff chat problems, talking to players about ongoing issues, and communicating in general, it feels better for someone with the admin badge to be the one speaking. If our other admins are good at technical and behind-the-scenes work, then having someone take the pain of dealing with speaking can help them take a break.

Also after being here around a year and a half Beefling has around 13,000 posts in the discords so I think she has a lot of talking practice. (edit because i forgot to say +1)
how tf she gonna be the voice of the admins without a mic
(11-15-2023, 08:18 PM)ryanrr Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 08:10 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: what a blabbermouth
how tf she gonna be the voice of the admins without a mic
[Image: slow_zoom.gif?ex=6567e4bf&is=65556fbf&hm...bc19cd540&]
https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Omnidi...r=8-4&th=1

[Image: 469342_1.jpg]
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
no -1

because i "need" a reason. its cause no mic no talk
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously