Permaban appeal
Ingame Name: JoeBobCooter69

SteamID: 76561199075002522

Who Banned You: Icey

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM

Length of Ban: Infinite

Reason for Admins to Unban: I understand that mass RDM can be incredibly frustrating, but I was unaware that doing it one time results in a perma ban. I feel like this punishment does not fit the crime as I wasn't given any warnings for prior RDMs, which occurred in the previous couple of rounds. I did, however, get three autoslays after the mass RDM. After being slain once, I switched to another server, but its players were leaving as I was joining. This caused me to switch back to dinkleberg's where I was slain two more times. Then I logged off for the night and today I am greeted with a perma ban. I just recently started playing TTT and I really enjoy playing on dinkleberg's. I would very much like to be able to play on this server again as it is a great server, but I will not mass RDM going forward and do my best to prevent RDMs in the future.

P.s. After I joined back to dinkleberg's someone told me that leaving the server while you have autoslays is 'really bad'. I think I have unknowingly done this in the past. I logged onto dinkleberg's one day and was autoslain in the first round. I was very confused until I looked in the chat and saw that I had been given an autoslay during my last session before I logged off. If autoslays carry forward to a player's next session, then why should the punishment be greater if a player leaves the server with an autoslay?

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No.

Other:
Your steam ID is STEAM_0:0:557368397
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Not reading the rules is not an excuse to break them, however making a ban appeal that isn't a shitpost exceeds the very low bar of most mass rdmers
-1 for immediate unban, +1 for reduction to a couple weeks (including the time it takes for this appeal to be resolved)
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Hey Joe. Here is the ban request that was placed on you https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...#pid150130

When you first join the server, there is a huge pop-up that lists the rules of the server. This is for EVERY player. You obviously know that RDM was against the rules, you just didn't think you would get perma banned. As for leaving with the slays, it's typically fine if you have something to do and let a staff member know, but I'm pretty sure you swapped servers because you didn't want to serve the slays. This results in a warn for RDM + Leave. Due to the Mass RDM still being on purpose, I'm not going to support an unban. I don't mind giving a set duration of around 2 weeks though.
(11-18-2023, 11:18 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: Not reading the rules is not an excuse to break them, however making a ban appeal that isn't a shitpost exceeds the very low bar of most mass rdmers
-1 for immediate unban, +1 for reduction to a couple weeks
I am not sure I understand. Are you offering me a choice? If so, -1 or +1 what?
I can’t really understand why you would go on a server, mass rdm, and then complain about the punishment not fitting the crime when you just clearly haven’t even read the rules. While it’s rare your post just isn’t a straight up shitpost, I wouldn’t be surprised if unbanning you turned into you just “having fun” and mass rdming again.

(11-18-2023, 11:21 PM)JoeBobCooter69 Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:18 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: Not reading the rules is not an excuse to break them, however making a ban appeal that isn't a shitpost exceeds the very low bar of most mass rdmers
-1 and +1 are an easy way for players to show support or not.

+1 = I support whatever this player is saying / asking
-1 = I do not support what this player is saying / asking.

AKA: No to unban. Yes to reduction of perma ban
(11-18-2023, 11:20 PM)Icey Wrote: Hey Joe. Here is the ban request that was placed on you https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...#pid150130

When you first join the server, there is a huge pop-up that lists the rules of the server. This is for EVERY player. You obviously know that RDM was against the rules, you just didn't think you would get perma banned. As for leaving with the slays, it's typically fine if you have something to do and let a staff member know, but I'm pretty sure you swapped servers because you didn't want to serve the slays. This results in a warn for RDM + Leave. Due to the Mass RDM still being on purpose, I'm not going to support an unban. I don't mind giving a set duration of around 2 weeks though.
I understand why I am banned and I am not opposed to it necessarily, I would just like to remove the "permanent" part. Thanks.

(11-18-2023, 11:22 PM)Icey Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:21 PM)JoeBobCooter69 Wrote:
-1 and +1 are an easy way for players to show support or not.

+1 = I support whatever this player is saying / asking
-1 = I do not support what this player is saying / asking.

AKA: No to unban. Yes to reduction of perma ban

That works for me. Thank you.

(11-18-2023, 11:20 PM)Icey Wrote: Hey Joe. Here is the ban request that was placed on you https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...#pid150130

That works for me. Thank you.
From what you did in all 3 reports you just wanted them out of the way and shit posted in the last one peg boarding off of what I said prior to your RDM spree meaning you for sure knew the rules you just didn't care, there for you should sit out not being able to play on dinks for at least 1 month or more.
I'm not sure what you expected when you massed RDM'd because every server has rules against said action and most of the punishments result in a permanent ban for doing 3 RDM's that are blatant and in one single round with 3 unforgiven reports?
Take a break little bro and come back to either doing the same action's or play TTT how it's meant to be played and stick around for a long time.

-1 on a unban +1 to a reduction to a minimum of 1 month
sure +1 for reduction on the condition that if you are ever banned for mass rdm you will not be able to appeal it.