This is 1984
bye
+1 

I wasn't there for any of this, though what I will say is the new warn system does seem slightly tyrannical. You used to be able to get 90 warns with no consequences, now you can get one warn for TEN points and be banned off the server. Both of these extremes seem unfair to the community as a whole. Unhinged Widdy was just banned for forgetting to censor part of a queue and now a simple 2 point warn set them over the edge and resulted in another ban. It really does feel like walking on eggshells sometimes when these warns are taken so seriously. There is also a lot of injustice where only certain people will get the short end of the stick and be warned, while multiple people are participating. I personally made one mistake recently that resulted in a single warn worth ten points, I appealed this over a month ago with still no response. It is strange to think I could get one more warn for something silly and be instantly banned just for reaching the threshold.  

I will also say, it seems that a lot of people have been made staff recently and a lot of them are very eager to show their commitment to the rules. It seems there has been some over-enforcement recently. I believe there should be a lot more discretion for non-offensive, warn-able actions. 
(11-29-2023, 01:11 AM)Otis Wrote: There is also a lot of injustice where only certain people will get the short end of the stick and be warned, while multiple people are participating.

I don't agree with everything Otis is saying here, but there's definitely a lot of bias being shown by certain people when enforcing the points system.
Given that multiple people were moaning into their mics (and ACTUALLY mic spamming) on the map prior, without any gag or warning whatsoever, reinforces this feeling.
(11-29-2023, 04:51 AM)Kaiwan Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 01:11 AM)Otis Wrote: There is also a lot of injustice where only certain people will get the short end of the stick and be warned, while multiple people are participating.

I don't agree with everything Otis is saying here, but there's definitely a lot of bias being shown by certain people when enforcing the points system.
Given that multiple people were moaning into their mics (and ACTUALLY mic spamming) on the map prior, without any gag or warning whatsoever, reinforces this feeling.
You're just flat out wrong that there's some sort of bias playing into these warns. The reason people weren't warned or gagged the map prior (for the moaning at least, if you have evidence of micspam that got missed/not looked at, send it to a staff member, otherwise it's just baseless mud slinging) is because tiefling hadn't issued a verbal warning to stop yet. Most often, the people receiving these warns are regulars that play on the server a lot and should definitely know enough to not keep doing something after being told not to. They had 5 whole minutes to stop moaning into their mics and continued to do so. That's not anybody's fault but their own. 

fuck around ----> find out (you are here)
(11-29-2023, 04:51 AM)Kaiwan Wrote:

The initial gag was placed on you because A) you were the only voice I could recognize out of the ~5 people on mic at once, I literally do not know who else was doing it at that time, B) you've been verbally warned for things like this in the past, and C) I'm pretty sure I was dead at the time and figured a brief gag would be a simple way to verbally warn everyone to stop or they'd be gagged as well, which I was right as most of the moaning stopped at that point until markus started it again and was subsequently gagged and warned

If a group of people are doing something and are told to stop and someone else jumps in to do the same thing, the verbal warning counter doesn't reset just because another person is doing it, doing the thing that someone was just gagged for then doing it again after that person is warned for it and expecting not to also get in trouble just doesn't make sense
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Verbal is a strong word because that implies that you used a mic to do that. You honestly can’t expect me to remember every little thing you punch into chat when north of 35+ lines updates every two minutes.

Point blank you were having a bad day and decided to enforce an imaginary rule for a little Moderation power trip. You didn’t even bother to ask me personally about an issue, just went straight to escalating it with absolutely no warning.

its super hilarious how Damien’s 18 second beatboxes that you witness don’t phase you but as soon as a user you don’t like makes a single sound, now in your book it’s considered micspam..

This is a prime example of why making you become admin is an awful idea and will ruin the experience for more players that already have issues with your ways of management.

I don’t have anything more to say on this thread or I am going to be beating a dead horse. You know this is excessive and could have been avoided.
Sorry guys he didn't meet the quota of exactly .4 seconds of moaning to warn him for mic spam....

Are you guys serious about this lmao please reevaluate your sense of humor before "being annoying" becomes a warnable offense -1 to any reduction or removal of warn ponts (they literally go away in like a month or something anyways)

Edit: also stop obsessing over a strangers willingness to use their mic it's borderline creepy at this point
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
This warning appeal has been Denied.

Tiefling had full reason to enforce a warn after issuing a discretionary warning via text chat. 

This 2-point warning will expire in 30-days.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]