Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Icey's Admin App
Steam/Forum Name: Icey

Discord Username: iceyicey.

Hours Played: 600+

When did you first join the TTT Staff Team?: 10/19/2021

What do you plan to do as a TTT Admin?: As TTT Admin, I would continue to welcome new and regular players alike. I have always made it my goal to create an experience on the server that is welcoming and enjoyable. This is not going to change. It is important that we continue to get new players on the server, and I have always made that my priority. I also believe that I am one of the few staff members that players feel comfortable with. Whether it is asking questions about the server or wanting an issue solved privately, I have always made sure to listen to our players. I believe that I have demonstrated great judgement and have always made sure to communicate with the staff team. I plan on further refining areas of our server (MOTD, Rules, etc.), and implementing suggestions from fellow staff members and players.

Obviously, I plan on addressing unban requests, staff applications, and other forum areas in a timely and effective manner. I also plan on teaching our newer staff members ways to properly de-escalate and staff. I think the lack of training is starting to show and cause tension amongst our actual players and staff. 

How can you help the community beyond TTT as an Admin?: In the past, I have worked with other players to set up tournaments and events that have turned out successful. I would love to work with our other servers to continue to set up events. I also plan on having more town-halls where players can address their concerns professionally, have fun and meet other members of the community, and overall just have a good time.

What made you decide to apply?: I think that players are looking for an admin that will communicate with the community and handle things in a timely manner. I also think it's important for players to have options to choose from as competition is healthy and brings the best out of people.

Anything else you would like to add?: I want to state that I definitely prefer my admins to have dev skills and knowledge. Despite this, I know very little of those things and am still applying. It seems that the player base is wanting an admin that will communicate with players, handle forum issues, and refine certain aspects of the server. I think that given my past judgement, I would be perfect for this. Thank you for reading everyone! 
but when we runnin up comp ow??

Really tho, this goober and the other goober would be perfect fits for Admin imo, the more the merrier when it comes to actually being able to communicate with the community!!
I'm going to have to -1. I think you are a decent moderator but that isn't enough to justify getting admin. You don't do a whole lot on the balancing or updates side of things (as far as I'm aware). I just don't see what you would be able to do as Admin that you can't do as Mod.

I also prefer my admins to not have a mic.

good luck my friend!

(Real thoughts, while I do find this application a bit hypocritical, I still think you're a decent candidate. Like Laced said, multiple community facing admins would be great, but if it were the case that the spot is limited I'm going to have some bias for obvious reasons.)
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
+1 I was a trusted with Icey. He is a very fun person to be around is really well known in the community and has been here for a good while I think he would make a good admin. He knows the rules and doesn't hate anyone all around good guy.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod

Can't say I'm stoked to see this Admin application. When I first started replying to your responses on tiefling's thread, you had multiple reasons for not advocating for her becoming Admin. You told me quite a few things that you feel it's not the position for someone who "can do all that stuff on a Moderator level." After all the replies in that thread, you messaged me directly on Discord in order to "prevent clogging tiefling's thread" and gave me more insight as to why you are not in support (if I can even call it much insight). You were very quick to point to things like development stuff like hitboxes and weapon balancing. When I tried to clear up what this exactly meant, and why wouldn't it be okay to learn things OTJ, you turned it around and told me, straight up: "Tiefling is just too new to +1 in my opinion."

Now, while that's a fair opinion to have, this is a crazy move from you to now set up your own Admin application. It seems like you were trying to keep your real reasoning locked behind private messages, and it seems snakey to me to try and apply now. Now while you definitely have more experience under your belt, this is beyond ridiculous in my opinion.

With competition aside, I'd now like to focus on you entirely.

When it comes to you helping community gatherings such as setting up tournaments or the like, I haven't been involved in those so I don't really have a good opinion there. But this also comes down to me having not a lot of experience firsthand with you.

In regards to you helping staff learn, when I tried to clarify further as to what someone can do to go forward with becoming an Admin during their time as Moderator; you downright stonewalled me and told me to go ask others. You referred me to other Moderators or Admins. You told me it wasn't your job, which isn't true, even as a Moderator. This is unacceptable as an Admin for me. One of the main things I see from being an Admin, or even a Moderator, is to be able to lead lesser staff members and give them direction.

Finishing, I'd like to state how inactive you were during my time as a new player and staff member up until now. I've had to take a break for my own personal reasons. As I understand that people do need their time off, me being an example, you have only recently started to become active again. I don't have an opinion on how you handle situations because I just don't have many situations to cast judgement. I can't say that I've had a whole lot of interaction with you on the server itself (lack of firsthand experience with you), and as stated above, my interaction with you off the server simply hasn't been the best.

Good luck on your application.

Edit: To be clear: I understand that, while it's unprofessional to discuss private conversations on a thread; the topics that took place are, once again, my only real set of interactions I've had with Icey. Not only that, but at the time, I also insisted Icey made this clear on the tiefling's application so I wouldn't have to do that.
When it comes to helping me specifically understanding what could be done better, this is now my own conversation and I have full reign to discuss what I would like to publicly.
it also seems a bit snakey to try and take what he said in private to you and air it out but maybe i didnt read the definition right
From my experience so far he has been an amazing mod, active, and sometimes hops on just to ban the outlaws it indicates he really cares about the players experience 1+
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
+1

icey has been a long time member of the community, and has all the dev skills, connections, charisma, and level headedness to make it happen.

I think instead of saying "oh isnt it snakey to [insert bullshit here]", lets just take both opinions like that. good old, plain opinions. we are all allowed that.

Now I will say that I dont have the best read on TTT politics. But that shouldnt matter tbh.

good luck Icey my man.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
+1 SHOTS???!!

brain no think, ill edit this after a nap
I am -1 on this for now.

Objectively speaking, I agree that you're a good candidate for the role as we need an admin that can be more focused on the community side of things, and I do wish you the best of luck in that regard.

However, the way you've gone about this has left a bad taste in my mouth, which makes me, personally, incredibly hesitant to support this -

As you said yourself, you are not familiar with dev work, which is what you, once again, -1'd another candidate for admin on. If you hold others to that standard when it comes to a promotion to admin, I would hope you'd hold yourself to that as well.

The issue that Pluto mentioned above is also concerning, what steps are you willing to take to correct the previous stonewalling in the future? Are you truly willing to put effort into leading the lower-ranked staff members, or are you going to refer them to others again? 

I wouldn't have a big issue with this if it wasn't something you had specifically critiqued someone else on, getting asked a genuine question like that about something you mentioned and then choosing to avoid it is off-putting at best and isn't something that I would want to see from someone who is supposed to lead those beneath them in rank. Especially when you are claiming your willingness to steer others in the right direction as a reason to why you'd be a good fit for a promotion.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333