Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Icey's Admin App
+1 you're a good mix of funny and serious. You've been around long enough for me to trust that you'd do well if given the opportunity. Were around for all the previous dev teams/whatever we called those things I forget, so I think you have the right fundamentals to go with the position.
+1
[Image: crimson.gif]

Carson sweats too much.

[Image: 1V8jMf6.png]
I am gonna +0. My main reason is just that I would like to see more of you on the server and in the community. You do have a presence from your long time in the community and previous time as staff and you are quite a nice and charismatic person. However, I personally have not seen enough from you to judge an admin app at this time. I am not the most active of staff members, but for the majority of my staffing time, the only people I staffed with were Voidzz, Tief, and Slater. I do think you usually provide very well-thought-out feedback on issues when you are serious about things, and I am quite appreciative of the times that you provide good insight and assistance. I know quite a bit of the issue was scheduling and probably some burn out while playing other games. It is good to see you being more active and wanting to contribute to the server.

I think the issues with training and de-escalation training are real and do need to be worked on, especially with some specific members of staff, but this is also something that is a cause and effect of inactivity from higher staff. (not blaming anybody because it is a gmod server and people are gonna go inactive, just stating it) It's also just a larger community issue atm.

Good luck to yee!
I ain't gonna read the first few posts but u guys know that both current applicants can be approved it's not a popularity contest between them lol

I'll post later with my opinions on iceys application but just wanted to say that since it's relevant to some of u
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(11-30-2023, 04:08 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: I am gonna +0. My main reason is just that I would like to see more of you on the server and in the community. You do have a presence from your long time in the community and previous time as staff and you are quite a nice and charismatic person. However, I personally have not seen enough from you to judge an admin app at this time. I am not the most active of staff members, but for the majority of my staffing time, the only people I staffed with were Voidzz, Tief, and Slater. I do think you usually provide very well-thought-out feedback on issues when you are serious about things, and I am quite appreciative of the times that you provide good insight and assistance. I know quite a bit of the issue was scheduling and probably some burn out while playing other games. It is good to see you being more active and wanting to contribute to the server.

I think the issues with training and de-escalation training are real and do need to be worked on, especially with some specific members of staff, but this is also something that is a cause and effect of inactivity from higher staff. (not blaming anybody because it is a gmod server and people are gonna go inactive, just stating it) It's also just a larger community issue atm.

Good luck to yee!
Hey Panda. Thank you for the feedback! There are definitely periods where I have not played, but I have always tried to  be active on the forums / discord. There isn't an excuse for this, it was definitely burn out due to work and other personal things. Despite this, I want to assure everyone that I would have no issue doing the things I say in my application. 

I think it's important to understand that the majority of staff have not had training due to it being a fairly easy thing. However, the amount of arguments and back and forths between staff and players recently has been ridiculous. It is one thing to explain to another player why you issued the punishment you did, and it's another thing to have multiple conversations (arguments) within discord and TTT about the same issue. Yes, it is almost always the regular or troublemaker that starts it. This doesn't mean that staff needs to engage every single time. I personally don't think it is a large community issue, mostly just certain staff members recently that have been struggling more than others. Though there has definitely been staff that have struggled with it in the past, I think right now it is very prevalent. Thank you for the comment!
+1 contributes to the community, gets involved in reports, idk why we can't. 

cs2 again, or are you washed?
(11-30-2023, 08:38 PM)maddox.chann Wrote: +1 contributes to the community, gets involved in reports
This must've been the criteria for when I got admin then
former admin2
(11-30-2023, 09:55 PM)mario & luigi: dream team Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 08:38 PM)maddox.chann Wrote: +1 contributes to the community, gets involved in reports
This must've been the criteria for when I got admin then
Yes.
+1 real goober

there may have been some contro versy but putting that small issue aside icey has willing ness to learn and improve,,,, very cool !!

This is Dinkleberg's GMod, a gaming community based in Garry's Mod. We have a Trouble in Terrorist Town, Prop Hunt, Murder, and Deathrun Server. Come check them out sometime.
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
+1ish Icey I do enjoy you and feel you would be a good admin, but seeing as how our staff have been taking a direction in the wrong step and have been for a littlewhile I want to see changes not just empty promises.

+1ish Icey I do enjoy you and feel you would be a good admin, but seeing as how our staff have been taking a step in the wrong direction and have been for the past yr. I AM VERY HESITANT. I want to see changes not just empty promises. CONTRARY to what you may think I do actually like this server but would like to see genuine fixes. I do feel some staff pick favorites and I feel I am not the only one in this.
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]