Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick thing about Admin.
Just real quick, because we have a few Admin apps up right now. The requirements to be Admin isn't to be like other Admins, it's to be a good Mod + have something that makes you stand out from other staff members in a leadership role. This feedback about not having a mic, and not being on the Dev team is not exactly what I would call feedback at all, if anything it's confusing, and makes people make pore decisions in what should be their moment to shine.

Just a tip for anyone wanting to become a Admin. Don't lash out at people in a snarky way when someone gives you feedback, even if it's bad feedback, it's not a good look.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
I would like to point out you spelt poor as pore.
(11-30-2023, 05:17 AM)[DSI]ToxicVoid7 Wrote: I would like to point out you spelt poor as pore.
Amongst other things yes

[Image: Skull-Emoji.png?ex=657ad6d8&is=656861d8&...7422af9ef&]
The no mic thing I agree with, but being called out for not being part of some sort of development behind the scenes is 100% good feedback. Banning people in ban requests and doing punishments for in game stuff doesn't justify a +1 on an admin app. You have to stand out more than just doing what every other staff member does. I can name at least 10 people that would've made good admins, but were never even close in the running in comparison. Normalize not giving out admin to anyone who is active just to fill a temporary void due to inactivity.
My brother, devolving is a passion and a good reason to up vote someone, not to call them out for lack off. That's like if I down vote you for not being a sound engineer, witch we don't have on the admin team, but would fucking slap if we did.

All so we only had 2 Admins that did any kind of developing out of 6 until recently, picking new maps and models to go on a server is not developing, it's managing. Different people have different qualities that set them out from others, it's the lack of something that sets you out from others that would be valid.
Hey Super. Not too sure how different PH and TTT are, but here is the requirements for TTT Admin.

Admin- Executive-level staff position. This rank gains access to additional commands, foremost being the ability to ip-ban and adjust content within Pointshop 2. This position is responsible for handling staff applications, in-game bans, community bans, donor abuse threads, unban requests, server development along with previous responsibilities.

Server development is directly quoted in the responsibilities that come with the role. I have -1'd players in the past for not having dev skills. This is because I thought that it was a requirement and needed. It wasn't until recently that I realized players want an admin that will handle the server and player issues. If I could go back and change some of my -1's, I would. Unfortunately, it wouldn't really accomplish anything. I definitely understand the point you are trying to get across, but I think that the feedback myself and Tiefling have received are valid.
The real things to look at for admins is what does the respective server actually need right now? Does it just need a strong leader? Does it need a manager? Does it need a developer? Does it just need a spokesperson? Etc etc.
speaking from experience, I wanted to be admin to change things that were fundamentally missing from the team at the time. Upper staff were secretive, rarely took feedback from the community, and “muh transparency” were all issues of that time period. This goes to say, once my role and duty had been fulfilled and I was no longer serving the community, I resigned.

Actual candidates for admin really need to assess, critique, and ask these questions to themselves to figure out what the servers really need.
Tl;dr not everyone is cut out for it.
(11-30-2023, 05:22 PM)Icey Wrote: Hey Super. Not too sure how different PH and TTT are, but here is the requirements for TTT Admin.

Admin- Executive-level staff position. This rank gains access to additional commands, foremost being the ability to ip-ban and adjust content within Pointshop 2. This position is responsible for handling staff applications, in-game bans, community bans, donor abuse threads, unban requests, server development along with previous responsibilities.

Server development is directly quoted in the responsibilities that come with the role. I have -1'd players in the past for not having dev skills. This is because I thought that it was a requirement and needed. It wasn't until recently that I realized players want an admin that will handle the server and player issues. If I could go back and change some of my -1's, I would. Unfortunately, it wouldn't really accomplish anything. I definitely understand the point you are trying to get across, but I think that the feedback myself and Tiefling have received are valid.

Just to point out Server Development DOESN'T mean what I think you think it does, at least in  my opinion. To me it means actually wanting to bring change to the server to develop it more, in the sense of new content or fixing loop holes in rules or other changes NOT actually developing software to run on the server. Since honestly when you got a steam workshop full of content there isn't much that you have to develop, and if their is issues or something you can't solve yourself easily you find someone in the staff team that can help or learn how to do it yourself. (Like up until recently I didn't know how to fix hit boxes and now I do.) 

That's just my opinion.
Admin is just like any other rank, you still get yelled at by everyone but you have more responsibilities now
(11-30-2023, 06:03 PM)chibill Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 05:22 PM)Icey Wrote: Hey Super. Not too sure how different PH and TTT are, but here is the requirements for TTT Admin.

Just to point out Server Development DOESN'T mean what I think you think it does, at least in  my opinion. To me it means actually wanting to bring change to the server to develop it more, in the sense of new content or fixing loop holes in rules or other changes NOT actually developing software to run on the server. Since honestly when you got a steam workshop full of content there isn't much that you have to develop, and if their is issues or something you can't solve yourself easily you find someone in the staff team that can help or learn how to do it yourself. (Like up until recently I didn't know how to fix hit boxes and now I do.) 

That's just my opinion.
I think development is such a broad term that we are both correct! I think from this post alone, we can see everyone has a different definition of it as well. But yes, I agree that development can be the things you listed and much more.