Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick thing about Admin.
(12-02-2023, 04:39 PM)Icey Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:25 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 02:24 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 06:01 PM)Gabe Wrote: yeah exactly, Foxka was the George Santos of TTT Admins frfr

Man, that's just mean coming from the Nancy Pelosi of admins.
OOOOOO what type of admin am i then???
[Image: latest?cb=20190904212139]
Nick Eh 30
(12-02-2023, 04:25 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 02:24 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 06:01 PM)Gabe Wrote: yeah exactly, Foxka was the George Santos of TTT Admins frfr

Man, that's just mean coming from the Nancy Pelosi of admins.
OOOOOO what type of admin am i then???
"wheres my hug?" type vibes
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Hey guys, dinkleberg here. I'm excited to announce that after a long hiatus, the next co-owner of TTT... rits.

You may not like this choice, but just like how I feel about all of you... I don't give a fuck
[Image: b_560x95.png]
yipee ritsune is back !!
(11-30-2023, 10:11 AM)dong Wrote: Banning people in ban requests and doing punishments for in game stuff doesn't justify a +1 on an admin app. 

I think basing someone's value entirely on the extent of their participation in the server is a very shallow way of thinking, and treating that like it's necessary to justify a +1 is shortsighted. Tiefling's perspective is very unique compared to a long line of male ttt admins. There has been a bit of a history of admins and players attributing issues with the server environment to "gamer culture" and failing to empathize with players actually being affected by "gamer culture" in the server. Creating a space for people with different views to have productive discussions about these situations is significantly more meaningful for the community than measuring how long someone has played on the test server.
(12-04-2023, 02:14 PM)reina Wrote: Tiefling's perspective is very unique compared to a long line of male ttt admins.

This might be true but just "being a woman" is far from a reason for someone to get admin, either.
(12-04-2023, 11:48 PM)Kaiwan Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 02:14 PM)reina Wrote: Tiefling's perspective is very unique compared to a long line of male ttt admins.

This might be true but just "being a woman" is far from a reason for someone to get admin, either.

Her providing a perspective that isn't currently available to the team isn't just her "being a woman." It's her "being a woman and member of the LGBTQ+ community who has openly expressed a desire to create a less edgy environment within the dinks community, while also showing the initiative to work towards creating that environment by being a competent staff member and applying for an admin position."
im not disagreeing or claiming anything, but im just gonna put it out there that being a woman was one of the justifications to why rits got ph admin, and that ended up real great
source: adminchat conversation in 2016
being LGBTQ+ or a woman in a prominantly men administration team can be valuable, but should not be used to tip the scales in any direction. the perspective reina mentioned can be had by anyone
(12-05-2023, 12:29 AM)reina Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 11:48 PM)Kaiwan Wrote:

Her providing a perspective that isn't currently available to the team isn't just her "being a woman." It's her "being a woman and member of the LGBTQ+ community who has openly expressed a desire to create a less edgy environment within the dinks community, while also showing the initiative to work towards creating that environment by being a competent staff member and applying for an admin position."
Devils advocate: the server already has plenty of rules against any type of harassment/slurs etc and pushing this further would most likely result in dinklebergs dying and becoming a discord hangout for the few that remain. Also I don’t see how LGBTQ+ should have a single thing to do with being a good community lead and from years of experience I can say that the best community lead I’ve ever seen was just a guy with good values who cared for his community. (Love you helix)
Anyone qualified enough for the rank of admin should get their shot, tiefling or not.