Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick thing about Admin.
Bring back drew and problem is solved
former admin2
(12-05-2023, 03:03 PM)syn Wrote: Devils advocate: the server already has plenty of rules against any type of harassment/slurs etc and pushing this further would most likely result in dinklebergs dying and becoming a discord hangout for the few that remain.

People who feel the need to play a role in this "culture" aren't the only people who play gmod. I've seen and heard of numerous people getting harassed out of the server. Currently, all I see is an environment that encourages activity from men who make the game more fun for themselves and less fun for anyone who isn't in on the joke. Trading off adults who act like middle schoolers in favor of people capable of playing the game without having to do things at the expense of others isn't dying and becoming a discord hangout.

(12-05-2023, 03:03 PM)syn Wrote: Also I don’t see how LGBTQ+ should have a single thing to do with being a good community lead

I don't see how including LGBTQ+ in someone's identity when describing their perspective is the same as saying being gay makes them a good leader.
(12-05-2023, 03:03 PM)syn Wrote: Devils advocate: the server already has plenty of rules against any type of harassment/slurs etc and pushing this further would most likely result in dinklebergs dying and becoming a discord hangout for the few that remain. Also I don’t see how LGBTQ+ should have a single thing to do with being a good community lead and from years of experience I can say that the best community lead I’ve ever seen was just a guy with good values who cared for his community. (Love you helix)
It's less about making the rules stricter and more about having the perspective and experience to be able to enforce and adjudicate  the rules to their full intent. There have been multiple times I've explained to other staff members why something was derogatory or that it was derogatory at all. I had to explain to a certain former staff member that the d slur is in fact a slur (who still chose not to enforce it afterward).

(12-05-2023, 09:43 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: im not disagreeing or claiming anything, but im just gonna put it out there that being a woman was one of the justifications to why rits got ph admin, and that ended up real great
source: adminchat conversation in 2016
I'm not versed in this lore, but I'm not really sure why it's relevant to Reina's point. Bad admins get promoted for plenty of reasons, why is this one in particular assigned some sort of correlation?

(12-05-2023, 09:43 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: the perspective reina mentioned can be had by anyone
Respectfully disagree. Very few men come close to truly understanding the perspective of women on the internet (or in general) or identifying microaggressions on the same level. This isn't any sort of dig, it's just a fact that people tend to have less understanding of things that they don't personally experience.

No one's saying that being gay or a woman should be a requirement to be admin or that it's enough to be admin on its own, Reina's point is just that it adds additional perspective that's useful for maintaining a safe and inclusive environment.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Being admin sucks can confirm
[Image: b_560x95.png]
this post is specifically here to give whoever posts next a pardon for whatever horrible things they might say
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
respectfully what the fuck is a microaggression ( i dont care )
scoovie officially best admin 100%
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
shut down dinks, problem solved
(12-05-2023, 06:01 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 09:43 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: im not disagreeing or claiming anything, but im just gonna put it out there that being a woman was one of the justifications to why rits got ph admin, and that ended up real great
source: adminchat conversation in 2016
I'm not versed in this lore, but I'm not really sure why it's relevant to Reina's point. Bad admins get promoted for plenty of reasons, why is this one in particular assigned some sort of correlation?

in that situation there was some pressure by the majorly female lower staff team on the ph co-owner (not officially called co-owner yet iirc) to have a female in the admin seat. rits was picked over other potential moderators in line for this reason despite their "personality issues"

when you start using the fact that they are female to help decide a candidate, it lessens the impact the truly important qualities of admin has across all the other candidates. in that situation the important qualities of admin became less of a consideration than it normally would have and it caused problems

they're the best candidate and are female: thats great
they're the best candidate; they are female: bad move
I am announcing my run for admin of Dinks TTT. Please be sure to cast your votes today. I will be best admin because I do not play gmod anymore and haven't in 4 years. I believe I am qualified for this because we have seen people of higher authority and admins stop playing in the past.

Thanks again and remember:

Summer for admin or else you're banned for mass rdm.
[Image: b_560x95.png]