Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord quality of life suggestion
Hello all, this may or may not come as a surprise, but I am not the biggest fan of the current Discord layout, it can be quite hard to make a discord with so many chats look clean.
I come today with a suggestion of how we possibly handle this better.
  • We use Bold serif, and Bold Serif Italic for the names of channels and categories. This will stop Discord from autocorrected capitalization out of text.
  • Some of the emojis don't work right for me ,and. I am not %100 sure my suggested alternatives will work for all.
  • Moving all the general chats into a chat category.
  • Having all chats visible by default, but can opt out instead of the other way around, this will bring about less confusing for new members, but still lets you customize what chats you see.
  • Move relay into it's own category.
  • Rearrange some of the chats based on the use.
  • Combine the trading chats into one Marketplace form ,and .Have a guideline about have TTT, PH, Murder in the title so it is clear what server is trading.
Below is a example of how I think this should look to the normal user on Dinks.

Let me know what you think.

Show Content
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
i will delete the discord if i have to look at those fonts
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(01-01-2024, 07:17 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: i will delete the discord if i have to look at those fonts
A win win I see
do not change the font to that im using discord not microsoft word
also we would get a lot of mileage out of not changing all of the channel names and icons 3 months out of the year for thansgiving and christmas
its fun but I cannot read them shits
its reducing my shitposting efficiency
(01-01-2024, 01:02 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: do not change the font to that im using discord not microsoft word
also we would get a lot of mileage out of not changing all of the channel names and icons 3 months out of the year for thansgiving and christmas
its fun but I cannot read them shits
its reducing my shitposting efficiency
The point of the fornt is capitalisation. Discord won't let you do that by default, it doesn't have to be that fornt, just one that doesn't make the chat list look like a 3 years old essay, if it wasn't for Discord being a bunch of words I'm not allowed to say, then it wouldn't even be a suggestion, idk how the point is getting missed with that one.

[Image: 8b13ts.jpg?ex=65a5bf47&is=65934a47&hm=98...75b478ef8&]
idrc about capitalization or not, never even noticed it, but its about consistency for me, the other 7 discords im in all use the default typeset with the full capital and its not an issue, then I get on the dinks discord and its looking different for no reason doing all this fancy stuff so I can't just muscle memory through it. same problem with the seasonal stuff and the other discord updates we've had where everything changes name and moves all around and theres emojis all over everything, all my other discords you read the thing and it says and you know what goes there, then I go to the dinks one and its some new shit every month like I want to scroll through this list of sewage for 2 minutes to send pictures of monkeys going chimpo mode in #ttt

leave it how it is for more than 3 months at a time, people learn how it is and don't even think about it. every time stuff changes its new shit for people to figure out without any benefit

yes im still irritated that we changed to opt in channels and the opt in broke so I couldn't see half the channels for a few weeks, no benefit was gained from going all that extra

das just my opinion tho
(01-01-2024, 07:53 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: same problem with the seasonal stuff and the other discord updates we've had where everything changes name and moves all around and theres emojis all over everything
Honestly same. I have such difficulty finding what I'm looking for with the festival stuff.
comic sans !
(01-02-2024, 12:43 AM)lacer Wrote: comic sans !

I wonder how long it would take Dink to notice if we turn the server into a Undertale fan server.
(01-02-2024, 02:41 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 12:43 AM)lacer Wrote: comic sans !

I wonder how long it would take Dink to notice if we turn the server into a Undertale fan server.
Probably never lol
???????? ??????