scrap2unusual update
Caribou is quite a funny fellow sometimes however I'm with panda on this one.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+1
+1
(01-07-2024, 09:07 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:23 PM)caribou Wrote: I don't hold grudges. I also feel like calling what I did harassment is blowing it out of proportion.. I just trolled
I do not feel comfortable letting a player who doesn't recognize their actions as targeting or harassment back into the server.

You're right, after rewatching some of my clips I have taken jokes too far or been too aggressive at times and I apologize for that. I never had any intent other than garner a laugh or two but I can see how I could've come off as mean and I apologize. I hope I've given everyone who I might've annoyed enough time to forgive me during my time banned and thanks if you did
[Image: unknown.png]
-1 The way that this post is worded at least doesn't really seem all that genuine. For the short while that I did see you on this server you showed pretty aggressive targeting and made quite a few players including me uncomfortable.

Better luck next time tho.
(01-09-2024, 05:51 PM)caribou Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:07 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:23 PM)caribou Wrote: =snip=
=snip=
So mid unban request you have had 2 major reflections on yourself and promise to do better? You don't seem sincere at all and all of the "serious" posts from you sound like a lot of fluff and fake apologies. I mean you couldn't realize what got you banned was bad after being banned for this long until you saw the -1s. Your true opinion was the quick response to call harrassment silly trolling, call it slight jokes that went too far, and the original ban appeal being so low effort. What I have been shown and been told from those who were harrassed is enough for me to ask that you actually attempt to grow whether or not this is denied or accepted.
Sorta surprisingly, I'm a +1 on this.

I was definitely supportive of you being banned especially after hitting 30 points (I think I issued the ban?). That said, it's been a pretty long time, and I actually believe that you're remorseful at least for the behavior that was harmful to other players. You've been in the community for a while, and I think a year away from the server suffices as punishment for now. You were a nuisance, but not ever really malicious that I can recall.

Also, I personally don't think ban evasion is that deep, or at least I don't think evading two months ago means your permaban should have no chance of being appealed now. Of course, not punishing ban evasion removes any incentive to not evade. But I don't think the one confirmed instance in your case means this should be an instant denial. If this gets accepted and there are future bans, and more instances of evasion, it would be worth taking more seriously.

Just to be clear, this is not an absolution of all the shit you did. Given that there's little precedent for appeals for 30-point bans, I think that a year is a good "time-out" length given the reasons for the warns and ultimate ban.

Speaking of no precedent, I don't know how I think the now expired warns should be handled if the ban is appealed. I certainly don't think a completely clean slate is the right move. Maybe a starting baseline of 15 points? A multiplier for future warns so that tolerance for rule breaking is a bit stricter? Not totally sure, but worth figuring out for this and future cases
How dare you not recall the extent of you actions after over a year. Angry

Also, don't apologize when you recognize your actions. Remorse can only hurt you! Angel

Minus one. Tongue
(01-10-2024, 12:44 AM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: @HONG You may have forgotten this but I didn't. You threatened me once when caribou was playing ear rape sounds in his mic to almost migraine inducing levels, and when I gagged him you threatened me rather than did something to solve the situation.
that never happened, go outside you fuckin loser lmfao no one likes you for a reason

+1 garry mod just isnt the same without him…………
(01-10-2024, 12:44 AM)Unhinged Widdy Wrote: @"redacted" You may have forgotten this but I didn't. You threatened me once when caribou was playing ear rape sounds in his mic to almost migraine inducing levels, and when I gagged him you threatened me rather than did something to solve the situation.
Not sure why you're making a personal attack on someone who is both mostly inactive and doesn't have anything to do with Caribou's' ban or this thread. It's just out of pocket that you bring up this accusation without evidence. You can dislike Caribou and not support his unban but let's keep it civil instead of hateful because this was not productive at all...
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions