Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
hoy89's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: hoy89

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:53097664
Discord Tag: hoy89

Time Played: 460+ Hours

When First Joined: 6 or so months ago. Honestly, I can't remember.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Mon - Fri 7PM EST, Weekends on and off.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community: I feel that with the amount of time that I have played on this server, I have a fairly good grasp on the rules at this point and can make reasonably good judgement on how to handle situations that the Trusted role typically handles. I don't have experience in moderating TTT specifically, but I have had experience moderating in other games in the past (albeit a long time ago now). What I want to be able to do is be present as a staff member to keep the game moving in the direction that it is intended to be played. This does include playing at 2-3AM on weekdays and in the morning on weekends, however as I am not consistently on at those times I did not include that in my availability. Regardless, I do think that I can do well in this position, and have observed how other staff members take action for long enough that I know what is expected.

Why you want to help the community: This is one of the very few games that I regularly enjoy playing, so I do want to be able to take action when action needs to be taken. Nothing is more frustrating than knowing exactly what needs to be done, yet there is no-one available who can help. One thing that I have not seen mentioned very often, is that while the experience is generally good while staff is on (even a single trusted), it takes a sharp nose dive as soon as they leave. I find myself eventually leaving once there are no staff members online because of this, and I'm sure I am not the only one. I find myself in these situations a lot, as well as the typical 'join, no staff online, list is full of guest players' scenarios.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No

How did you find us?: This is one of the few consistently active servers in the server browser.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes.

Other: A couple things that I know others will point out:
  • Yes, I am aware I am not very active on the forums. To be honest, I'm not a big forums person and making a post like this is a big step for me. I do intend to post if I have something I feel is worth sharing, though. At some point I will make an introductory post, but please be patient as I figure out what I actually want to put in there.
  • I have not made any ban requests. This is mainly because I did not have any means to gather evidence (had to chase the last 0.5% of performance... Remember: Any overlays, like OBS, Steam Overlay, etc have a performance impact), but as many of you already know, I have a *very* overkill recording workflow now. If another staff member does not beat me to it, I do intend on making ban requests as necessary.

not enough forum time, not enough community presence
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
-1 for now
Have seen a few instances of false accusations of cheating towards players just because of some skill gaps, and some general uppity-ness. Need to hone out some of those identifying skills, especially with the sweats in our playerbase, first, imo. Generally I'd think being trusted is a good time to learn the difference on those sorts of things, but being very outspoken towards people who are definitely not cheating makes me think otherwise
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(01-12-2024, 11:55 PM)new year, new cum Wrote: -1 for now
Have seen a few instances of false accusations of cheating towards players just because of some skill gaps, and some general uppity-ness. Need to hone out some of those identifying skills, especially with the sweats in our playerbase, first, imo. Generally I'd think being trusted is a good time to learn the difference on those sorts of things, but being very outspoken towards people who are definitely not cheating makes me think otherwise
I have not particularly accused anyone of cheating in recent memory though? Can you please elaborate on who I have accused of cheating? If at any point I have, it would have been while I was still new. I am fairly well familiar at this point with many (most?) of the regular skilled players, given that I have hundreds of hours on this server.
i prefer my trusteds to have a mic
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Sometime last week you and one or two other people were brigading some guy for 'bhop scripting' for a good long period of time, don't remember who

-courtesy of milk(2)
(01-13-2024, 12:10 AM)new year, new cum Wrote: Sometime last week you and one or two other people were brigading some guy for 'bhop scripting' for a good long period of time, don't remember who
Oh, that? I thought it was always clear that we are joking about that. I am aware of what bunny hop scripting looks like. It was probably Syn, Lacer, Vis, etc.
(01-13-2024, 12:13 AM)hoy89 Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 12:10 AM)new year, new cum Wrote: Sometime last week you and one or two other people were brigading some guy for 'bhop scripting' for a good long period of time, don't remember who
Oh, that? I thought it was always clear that we are joking about that. I am aware of what bunny hop scripting looks like. It was probably Syn, Lacer, Vis, etc.
Hm, then the other people involved weren't joking while you were, so it just is an association thing. Some of them were actually getting a bit riled up about it, but that's not on you then

-courtesy of milk(2)
I haven't noticed anything bad from hoy other than he is big dumb sometimes

+1 he will be okay for trusted
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+1 you seem like you’d fit in, forum time doesn’t really matter if there’s no shit to comment on besides some random ass threads.