Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation
I think its fun as fuck to emulate different consoles n shit from the commodore to the switch. Is emulation popular in the community nowadays if so or if not, what are some old games that bring back hella nostalgia for you?

I was a playstation kid so I had a ps2 with all the psx and ps2 games.

I enjoyed Tony Hawk's Underground, Need For Speed: Underground, MX vs ATV, Splashdown and Dino Crisis. (Games with underground in the name were cool)
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Jak and Daxter 1-3 or sonic adventure 1&2 are my all time nostalgic trips. Thankfully I actually have my ps2 so I don't need to emulate though

Edit: actually i just dug even deeper back and remember a ps2 game called Orphen for the ps2 that was a massive obsession
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 2
technically abandonware not an emulator, love me some sim theme park (old old pc game, roller coaster tycoon if it was fun)

luigi's mansion on dolphin always
gauntlet dark legacy and super mario sunshine too
uhhhhh
those are my main ones
semi-frequently will emulate samurai warrior or dynasty warriors games too
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Emulation was my go-to for entertainment back when I was in Elementary/Middle School as a poor boi, I spent more time on Vizzed exploring games than I did doing homework.
Emulated from the DS, GBA, PSX, PS2, 3DS, and PSP
I have played many things over the years
I am a big fan of the Megaman games despite how bad they can be, played through almost all of them excluding Megaman Legends and the Classic Series
I played multiple pokemon games ranging from Gen 1 - 5 (Heartgold/Soulsilver + Platinum were goated)
I played and slogged through the Persona games and their DS spinoffs (Very nice would recommend).
Multiple Fire Emblem games (I bought all 3 Fire Emblem Fates games before I realized there were working 3DS emulators)
Multiple Kirby games, fondest one I played through was Kirby Squeak Squad
Sleeper game I actually played was SummonNight Swordcraft Story.
The latest games I could recall emulating were the earliest titles from the Trails Series which I recommend if you like JRPGs
Ironically, I never bothered to play any of the Zelda or Mario games, played a few Sonic games though.
There's probably more I could name but probably don't remember.
Nowadays I buy most games on steam or console unless I can't run it. Own both a switch, 3ds, and Ps3/4 (getting a Ps5 at some point).
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
I write emulator for my homebrew CPUs and systems does that count?
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(01-18-2024, 05:41 PM)chibill Wrote: I write emulator for my homebrew CPUs and systems does that count?

Bro. Your to smart for this place, what the fuck.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
(01-18-2024, 05:43 PM)Super Milk Chan Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 05:41 PM)chibill Wrote: I write emulator for my homebrew CPUs and systems does that count?

Well none of them ever end up built in real life. (At least not as something that isn't basically an emulator with really hardware attached as devices.) Blame growing up with lots of computer , technology and radio related books that my dad has.  And the face that I rather side down and read a technical book then actually any story book.

I'm convinced Chibill isn't a real person, and instead he's AI
???????? ??????
(01-18-2024, 08:31 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote:

I'm convinced Chibill isn't a real person, and instead he's AI

Sometimes with the crazy stuff I do, my parents joke that I am an Alien xD Especially with my wacky amount of interest in Radio, Space Science and Technology.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]