Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation
(01-18-2024, 05:41 PM)chibill Wrote: I write emulator for my homebrew CPUs and systems does that count?

first the radio equipment, then i hear something about you making a modified gps, now homebrew CPUs. chibill are you developing a guided missile?
Super mario 64
(01-18-2024, 09:09 PM)murl Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 05:41 PM)chibill Wrote: I write emulator for my homebrew CPUs and systems does that count?

first the radio equipment, then i hear something about you making a modified gps, now homebrew CPUs. chibill are you developing a guided missile?
Modified GPS? Nah, I have setup stuff using GPS modules tho.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(01-18-2024, 08:56 PM)chibill Wrote: Sometimes with the crazy stuff I do, my parents joke that I am an Alien xD Especially with my wacky amount of interest in Radio, Space Science and Technology.
Chibill is extraterrestrial CONFIRMED!!!
???????? ??????
Despite me having a massive retro collection, I still use emulators frequently. Sometimes it’s easier than getting the hardware hooked up. Sometimes it’s easier to stream for friends. Doesn’t really matter to me, what’s important is playing the games.
I think I emulate the Gamecube the most, as Dolphin is just so streamlined nowadays. Plus GC games are kinda spendy rn........
(01-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Battons Wrote: Despite me having a massive retro collection, I still use emulators frequently. Sometimes it’s easier than getting the hardware hooked up. Sometimes it’s easier to stream for friends. Doesn’t really matter to me, what’s important is playing the games.
I think I emulate the Gamecube the most, as Dolphin is just so streamlined nowadays. Plus GC games are kinda spendy rn........
I wish I have some physical hardware, other then like PS1, Gameboy advanced, DS Lite. Also some old 386 type hardware, but I havent tried powering it up yet.
(01-18-2024, 11:16 PM)chibill Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Battons Wrote: Despite me having a massive retro collection, I still use emulators frequently. Sometimes it’s easier than getting the hardware hooked up. Sometimes it’s easier to stream for friends. Doesn’t really matter to me, what’s important is playing the games.
I wish I have some physical hardware, other then like PS1, Gameboy advanced, DS Lite. Also some old 386 type hardware, but I havent tried powering it up yet.
You would probably enjoy the middle ground of hardware FPGA based emulation. Something like Analogue Pocket for handheld, or a DIY MiSTer setup for a sit down and play experience.
(01-19-2024, 03:19 PM)hoy89 Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 11:16 PM)chibill Wrote:
You would probably enjoy the middle ground of hardware FPGA based emulation. Something like Analogue Pocket for handheld, or a DIY MiSTer setup for a sit down and play experience.
Yea that’s a good choice, I have the pocket and it pretty much replaced my game boy/color/advance and game gear. I’ve heard great things about MiSTer but haven’t tried it out for myself yet.
armored core series and lost planet :DDDD

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
any recommended emulations for like any console? definitely gotta test and play some more emulations on pc. need to finish some bloodborne for the ps4...