Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Legitimate Suggestion
So, everyone who's been in this community for anything above a few minutes knows that the deathrun server and the murder server are dead or dying. The former of the two is obviously worse off to the point they don't have a proper forum or discord section.

One of, if not the most played gamemodes in gmod is DarkRP, which was apart of this community before my time. If we have dink start a DarkRP server and give the staff ranks to people in the community who are competent enough to run the server without major drama or issues I think we could have a long lasting DarkRP server. I would 100% play on a dink's rp server. At least a good 200 hours of my time was spent farming money printers, selling guns and drugs or raiding bases on an old DarkRP server called SinisterRP.

If we were to create a DarkRP server I'd be more than willing to staff on it, or even help with re-creating the rules for it since I spent so much time playing and know what's good/bad for a DarkRP server.

I think replacing the deathrun server with DarkRP would be beneficial in creating a lot of donator revenue as well since it is one of the most played gamemodes on gmod and a lot of the servers have too large of communities for a lot of people. I wanna know if this a good proposal or not so if you disagree don't hesitate to tell me why in the replies!

Thank you for listening to my ted talk.
No thanks. 
The meme of DarkRP is enough we do not need that back.

Focus on making PH/TTT better instead of opening an old wound like DarkRP
(01-20-2024, 11:50 PM)VolfVoss Wrote:
snip
I can't speak on prophunt but I think ttt is gonna be in a good spot with it's upcoming admins. I think the meme of deathrun is worse than the meme of DarkRP and the latter would probably be a big up for dink with the amount of people that would play and donate.

From what I've heard, the only reason DarkRP died is because it was ran by incompetent people. I'm not saying this to bash anyone but if we learn from our mistakes like we do with the 2 communities we have active right now, I think we could make a good DarkRP server and have it ran by people who know what they're doing.
At this point, I don’t know if the community can reliably count on Dinkleberg to make a new server when he barely does the bare minimum for his most popular servers.

I love the suggestion and I wish dink was more active. Therefore I can’t say “let’s do it” as this community needs an active owner or new co-owners to keep it going.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Surf >
Cs2...smite 2.....it might be time for ttt.....2.

(i dont know if we can get anything new atm with how dink is rn real answer)
(01-20-2024, 11:58 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: At this point, I don’t know if the community can reliably count on Dinkleberg to make a new server when he barely does the bare minimum for his most popular servers.

I love the suggestion and I wish dink was more active. Therefore I can’t say “let’s do it” as this community needs an active owner or new co-owners to keep it going.

as much as i would LOVE LOVE LOVE a dark rp server bryan kinda hit the nail on the head here

getting him to add it in the first place was like pulling teeth and only happened because an involved party was gifted an already community-prepared dark rp server, im fully doubtful he'll want to start one from scratch

and its a damn shame d*kody made sure we'll never have a real co-owner again
[Image: giphy.gif]
Mari's RP 2.0, who says no
former admin2
can i get my rank
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(01-21-2024, 12:23 AM)Icey Wrote: Surf >
This... I want this
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper