Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
RyanHighman Ban Request
my only concern for you friend is how fast you're going, i'd hate for you to burn out when you seem to be enjoying yourself again and have really taken to staffing again, but if you feel that you are ready to take on that role i simply cannot stop you

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-01-2024, 08:11 PM)BillyBob Wrote: -1, personally I have seen several times where you have incorrectly enforced the rules, and then when it is brought up you entrench yourself in a defense as opposed to listening to the criticism.

Within that same breath I don't think it's a big deal if you do get mod, server won't fall apart, I just personally feel you are not up for it yet

best of luk!

Since you bring this up, would you be able to provide any evidence for your claim, as no one has brought up such issues previously.
I'm inactive as fuck and if I'm not mistaken you became staff again in around November if I'm not mistaken which is around 4 months.  I don't want to shit on you especially since your a cool guy, but, with incidents of you leaving staff and comming back I think you might want to think about things first before going up and up.  Obviously if you feel like you've grown enough, keep up the good work and not let shit that would probably male you resign again get in your head you can keep going up the ranks of staff
[Image: unknown.png]
Foxka and Rand made good points about this previously but why would it /really/ matter if I want to resign? The fact that I've resigned in the past doesn't really hinder or impact my ability to staff and make the server a better place while I'm here. I don't want to resign by the way, just for clarification. I just find it a little silly and a tad offensive that all that I've done this tenure of staff can be overshadowed by people saying "Oh he's resigned twice in the past". I think resigning is 100x better than just sitting inactive and coming back a year later without checking the guidelines or rules and enforcing rulings that were changed when I left, and I will pretty much always believe that so if I end up not enjoying my time within the community as a staff member again I will just resign. Applying for this rank is what I want to do, and so far this run has been going really well and I still really enjoy this community, I want to continue to make the server a better place even if I am denied the moderator rank.
(03-02-2024, 08:17 PM)Damien Wrote: Foxka and Rand made good points about this previously but why would it /really/ matter if I want to resign? The fact that I've resigned in the past doesn't really hinder or impact my ability to staff and make the server a better place while I'm here. I don't want to resign by the way, just for clarification. I just find it a little silly and a tad offensive that all that I've done this tenure of staff can be overshadowed by people saying "Oh he's resigned twice in the past". I think resigning is 100x better than just sitting inactive and coming back a year later without checking the guidelines or rules and enforcing rulings that were changed when I left, and I will pretty much always believe that so if I end up not enjoying my time within the community as a staff member again I will just resign. Applying for this rank is what I want to do, and so far this run has been going really well and I still really enjoy this community, I want to continue to make the server a better place even if I am denied the moderator rank.
To add to this, both previous times Damien didnt resign because he got bored, or burnt out. He resigned because he felt unwelcome in the staff team during the periods, let it be by the staff team or by the community going after everything he did. This can be seen in both his resignation posts. So holding him resiging against him seems very unfair
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
I haven’t been active on ph in a while so I’m neutral +0
People can resign 100000 times and it won't/shouldn't matter. I think you've improved exponentially since your last tenure so for that I am a +1.
I cant think of a reason to -1 you (not that id wanna actively look for any reason) you get on, do the job and enforce the rules. Hell we have had personal issues outside dinks in the past and yet when i came back you still treated me like another player and we joked and had fun together. I think you can handle the big green rank damien. +1 from me 

Good luck.
-1 I agree with goat punter
(03-02-2024, 05:03 PM)chibill Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 08:11 PM)BillyBob Wrote: -1, personally I have seen several times where you have incorrectly enforced the rules, and then when it is brought up you entrench yourself in a defense as opposed to listening to the criticism.

Within that same breath I don't think it's a big deal if you do get mod, server won't fall apart, I just personally feel you are not up for it yet

best of luk!

Since you bring this up, would you be able to provide any evidence for your claim, as no one has brought up such issues previously.
hello yes, i think this comes in two parts.

first ive seen times when "jumping the gun" on warning a player happens, good example of this was yesterday with lycan receiving an incorrect 8 point warn. i also do not agree with my donor warn that i received. and in general, i would prefer verbal warns to be issued more leniently. this goes into discretion as opposed facts. so while i disagree often with how he leans during staff discretion scenarios, particularly regarding slays, not something i can inherently say is wrong, just somethin i disagree with.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]