Slur bait Warn
Ingame Name: J@ckxDDD

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:69764300 

Who Warned You: Toxicvoid

Reason For Warn: slur baiting

Length of Warn: 4/12/2024

Reason for Admins to Unban: The warn I got was from 1/12/2024 when I used a bind I made from something Jawa said eariler that day. He said it with other staff on and it was the players name who to my knowledge was never asked to change it and he wasnt warn himself so I figure it was ok. I wasnt trying to bait anyone with it. I dont have the bind anymore after I used it and got warn so Im just curious if it warrants a warn or not as I am not to worry about it but my friends thought I should post something so it could be discussed.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: Here is the bind in question 
Also, just a reminder, nii is a very very common pop culture reference from monty python and the holy grail, with the knights who say nii, which hasn't been warned in the past. There have also been several other close cases that don't get warned over the years unless it's actively being spammed or continues after someone says something.

And without anything else added to it, I feel, doesn't really constitute slur baiting, even without the context, which lessens it. It's a very weird warn to me, should have been a verbal if it was that big of a deal.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
im not one to comment but if this is the bases for a warn, we all deserve one. call me crazy but at some point we'll start warning everyone even if the person in question "should of knew better"
I don't think a warn was truly warranted. If Toxic or someone different had a problem with it, I think they should've pm'd him about it instead of automatically handing out a warn. I think in moments like this, staff should talk to the player more instead of just using the warn system. I believe it's important to talk to the person and come to an understanding in situations like this to prevent any miscommunication or misunderstanding. It can also prevent creating any hostility between staff and players when a player feels they've been unfairly warned. I don't believe that every situation needs to be a warn for reasons like these, especially if the player hasn't had a history of this behavior and if it's a minor offense.
I think it’s quite a stretch to call this “slur baiting” myself. I can see where he’s coming from but I don’t think it’s what he was trying to do at all either
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Get rid of this man's warn
I believe that this warn should be removed, especially if Jawa wasn't warned for saying it as well. If he removed the bind as well, then there shouldn't be any issues either.
smh my head
The letter "N" followed by the letter "I" is now officially banned and putting them together regardless of what follows is now punishable by death

It clearly isn't slur baiting and there actually was a player who's name was Nii- (probably a weeb lets be real) that joined. I was on when they did. The two "i" instead of one "i" kind of solidifies my rationale that it wasn't slur baiting.

+1 remove warn
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
It’s a bit of a reach for a warn. Like Nate said, Toxic could’ve pm’ed him or given him a verbal warn instead of jumping straight to a warning. I could see why toxic would assume that but it could’ve been handled a little better. I doubt that Jack would try to slur bait intentionally just to mess around.

+1 for removal
i don't think toxicvoid gave this warn in bad faith or even that it's unreasonable for someone to interpret that as slur baiting, but yeah like foxka said that name definitely just belonged to a weeb. +1 to remove the warn but can't really blame toxicvoid for issuing it.