Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Ban Announcement
Just an important reminder, these kinds of things are never going to be easy from a community or administrative (even if you consider it to be a cut-and-dry case) point of view, nor would this ever be a rushed decision OR a result of some petty drama. That being said, I am incredibly thankful to the admin team for putting in the time, care, consideration, and diligence that was necessary to handle this delicate matter. Thank you for putting in the needed effort into protecting this community, and for giving those affected by this a voice to be heard and taken seriously.

I am also insanely proud of the victims who came forward with their experiences during this matter. Not only am I glad to know that you are now safe from this individual, but I am also happy to know that with you all bringing this forward to the admins, you have protected anyone else in this community from becoming a victim of his. So thank you very much.

And as Reina said, even if you couldn't muster up that courage to come forward or if you felt that the only option was to move on and forget about your own experiences with this individual, please know that what you went through is still valid, your experiences are valid. And with any of the pain and shame you've gone through, you are not alone in this and you are cared for, and will always have a place in this community, we are all here for you. 

I truly hope that with this announcement, going forward, those in similar situations will feel comfortable enough with the admin team to come forward with their experiences. You deserve to be heard, and you deserve to have justice for what you've gone through here. Please never hesitate to reach out if you feel uncomfortable with anything that anyone in the community is doing to you.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(02-15-2024, 03:04 PM)Jammin Wrote: My fear is that I may have missed the signs during my tenure.
this
if some of us that are known to be close to him seem quiet on this matter, it's because of this
not to mention the overwhelming discomfort, sadness, anger, whatever else
but overall it just feels like it should have went more noticed by...a good few of us

i hope now, and in the future, people will come forward with problems for this sort of thing
i know it's historically seemed like it hasn't been taken seriously by staff teams in the past, even recently
but
still try to reach out 
it can only get better if people keep reaching out to the staff teams to make sure things aren't being buried

and anyone that tries to brush things like this off or makes excuses for people and are staff
do better or consider stepping down

thats all ill have to say
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Hopefully everyone's questions were answered, we're closing the thread now. I'm grateful to everyone who responded for helping us close this chapter of dinks history without it becoming a spectacle.