Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Ban Announcement
(02-14-2024, 09:29 PM)dong Wrote: definitely a hard decision that you all had to make

(02-14-2024, 09:52 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: I'm sure this was a hard decision for a longtime community that was extremely active.

(02-14-2024, 10:00 PM)slater Wrote: Definitely a tough decision, but it's one that was needed for them and for the community.

(02-14-2024, 11:35 PM)NO NAME Wrote: I cannot imagine how hard it was for yall to make a decision like this for someone who has been so active and well known in the community. 

I think we're being given too much credit in terms of the difficulty faced when coming to this decision. When presented with the evidence, the decision was fairly cut and dry. The victims who spoke up, and those who continue to speak up now, are the ones who made the hard decisions and exerted a lot of mental and emotional energy to relive genuinely traumatic experiences through a new lens after being made aware that their experience was one of many and that they themselves are, in fact, victims. I'm incredibly proud of those individuals for coming forward, and of tiefling for giving them a voice.

And for the victims who didn't come forward, regardless of the reason, I hope you know that, for better or for worse, you're not alone in any pain and shame you've experienced. I know it's easy to invalidate your own experiences and convince yourself that it was normal internet drama, but it's not normal to be exploited by a "pillar of the community". I apologize on behalf of the admin team for failing anyone who ever felt like their only option was to silently move on, and I want you to know that you'll always be welcome to reach out if you have any questions or just want to talk about it.
Damn. Not gonna say that this wasn't unexpected but at the very least it didn't seem like it was an upcoming possibility from the last year of steady growth that many people observed. Sucks to see this shit happen but it feels like this community has a magnetic force for this kind of garbage. 

Least it seems to be handled well thanks to Le Admins. Good job mates.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Good riddance. Now do the giveaway of his stuff or else
smh my head
“You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”

Sad to see it had to come down to this, but thank you for doing the right thing when it needs to happen. I hope everyone affected is doing okay and you have my full support.

For myself. I have played a fair bit of games over the years so it’s quite the gut punch to see this happen but it’s what is right and necessary.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
This seems genuinely out of left field. But, I trust that the proper care was given into this decision, and that is wasn't just the cumulation of two cliques fighting.
My confusion is that I've seen 0 signs of anything. I'm curious whether this started recently, or has been ongoing since 2020/2021 or before. I assume this is recent because it wasn't a known issue during my time as staff.
But, I trust the admin team. There's enough seniority present that I doubt it's simply a rush to judgement from newer admins. Well done to you all for keeping the community safe.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(02-15-2024, 01:15 PM)Jammin Wrote: This seems genuinely out of left field. But, I trust that the proper care was given into this decision, and that is wasn't just the cumulation of two cliques fighting.
My confusion is that I've seen 0 signs of anything. I'm curious whether this started recently, or has been ongoing since 2020/2021 or before. I assume this is recent because it wasn't a known issue during my time as staff.
But, I trust the admin team. There's enough seniority present that I doubt it's simply a rush to judgement from newer admins. Well done to you all for keeping the community safe.

it's hard to tell if these are intended to be questions for us to respond to. at the very least, i can tell you that this has been happening for years and you've seen zero signs of anything because you're not in his target demographic. i can also assure you that the multiple victims of this behavior mentioned so far are not "two cliques fighting". implying that this could all be an empty attempt at getting laced out of the community by newer admins felt rather inappropriate and insensitive towards the victims.
Despite our vast differences, my “clique” had absolutely nothing to do with this. Buddy did it to himself.
Must of been pretty dam serious all things considered, I feel like I missed something major when I talked with laced over the years but whatever it was I'm trusting yall made the right decision.
We appreciate everyone understanding. Let’s remember that it is okay for people to ask questions considering it is a high profile member. We are a new admin team so questioning judgement is also extremely valid. I don’t think anyone here is downplaying what he did he in the slightest. We understand that you all don’t have as much info as us, but the most we can offer is a guarantee that it is warranted. We understand what it takes for a member to be community banned and I can assure you all we took the proper steps. Thank you!
@reina thanks for the clarifications, I guess I'm just surprised I didn't even see a word of it when I was admin.
My fear is that I may have missed the signs during my tenure.
Thanks to all of you for doing your part! I'm glad this can give closure to the victims and the community as a whole.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks