Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First "Annual" Dinkleberg's TTT | Staff Needed Left 4 Dead 2 Tournament
Hello! As most know, I'm hosting a Left 4 Dead 2 Tournament, so I wanted to make another thread once I had all the official information lined up. 

Timing is tentative, but it's scheduled for Saturday, February 24th at 4PM EST. Sunday will be used as a potential fallback day if things go awry, which brings me to my next point. 

This time around, winning isn't just for bragging rights! Everyone in the tournament has a server of their choice they can win items for. For those that choose TTT, the first place winners will get 4 crates of dumb garbage (or any other crate, but we know you'll choose that), and second place will get to choose any item from a list of available items. I'm sure we'll be able to swing something similar with other servers, but I was just too excited to get this post off the ground to wait any longer. 

The most important part, though, is the teams and players. Everyone mostly got to pick their own teams, and I gotta say, most of them are pretty decent. This one's probably going to be a nail biter, honestly, I can't even come close to predicting a winner. So good luck to them, and here's an introduction!

[Image: image.png?ex=65e1fbfe&is=65cf86fe&hm=1dc...460c47dcc&]

The bracket can be viewed here and will have points, though it's mostly useless, and I have a picture for it below. (peep the name of the league/season). Bracket was randomized a few times by a number randomly picked out by bab, so there's no seeding at all, pure randomness. 3 matches at a time over 3-4 hours, then a final match for the two highest scorers.

[Image: image.png?ex=65e1faa5&is=65cf85a5&hm=e94...89a713948&]

There might be issues I can't account for, even with a dry run, for this due to server problems. I know in past tournaments I've held we had some issues, but this time I'm going to be as prepared as possible...it just might not be enough We're going to do the best we can, and figure it out some as we go along. I hope I can ensure everyone has a good time!

I hope everyone can come watch. Spectating is going to be figured out over the weekend, hopefully I can come up with something that is still enjoyable to watch, old games are hard on that.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I think you got the prop kill score wrong but it looks great.
yeah it's 3-1
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(02-16-2024, 04:02 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: yeah it's 3-1
3-3 :yawn:
when's the next annual yomi tournament
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(02-16-2024, 03:53 PM)cum at first sight Wrote: Bracket was randomized a few times by a number randomly picked out by bab, so there's no seeding at all, pure randomness.

sorry other teams, I chose the number that guaranteed my team the win.. might as well drop out, you have no chance of winning... but good luck anyways. :)
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
I'm the best player in the tournament, and nobody can say otherwise.
smh my head
Listen @cum at first sight next tournament needs to be a game I'm somewhat good at or at least know how to play ie: Minecraft, R6; League; League; League of Legends; Riot Games presents League of Legends or League of Legends brought to you by Riot Games. Also possibly league.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
Two things.

Officially have the servers all bought, going to play with them over the weekend to get them how I want hopefully, and we'll go from there.

I also forgot to mention how maps are going to work. All the games in each round will play the same map. I'll throw some maps on a wheel and we'll pick them before each round. People have asked about difficulty, I'm pretty sure versus is just set to normal and can't be changed, but I could be wrong, but I also believe we'd just keep it that way anyway.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(02-16-2024, 08:34 PM)cum at first sight Wrote: Two things.

Officially have the servers all bought, going to play with them over the weekend to get them how I want hopefully, and we'll go from there.

I also forgot to mention how maps are going to work. All the games in each round will play the same map. I'll throw some maps on a wheel and we'll pick them before each round. People have asked about difficulty, I'm pretty sure versus is just set to normal and can't be changed, but I could be wrong, but I also believe we'd just keep it that way anyway.

you can change versus difficulty but anything other than normal is very bad. survivors will always escape on easy and always get stomped by infected on advanced and expert

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice