unssler appeal
(02-16-2024, 11:42 PM)bab Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: clip

^ this.

It is incredibly hard not to have what may come off as a "biased opinion" in this case specifically, you have been on for and have literally acknowledged people being warned for this exact same thing while I've played with you. You understood it when it was happening to others, I'm unsure why that's changed now.

I can't prove he wasn't going to say the soft a, however, I have played this game far too much (nerd emoji, my bad) to not be able to recognize when someone intentionally cuts themselves off and when someone accidentally lets go of their push to talk key. If you actually watch the video, you can very clearly hear him drag out the word, pause abruptly, and then a keyboard click before his microphone turned off, which makes it incredibly difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Does it need to be defined in the rules better? Absolutely. But should this warn be removed? In my opinion, no. It shouldn't.

Also, I would like to mention that people were getting warned for slur baiting back in 2021. It's not a new rule by any means.
     As for your opinion, I think that you probably saw me react to something and read more into it than was there.

All I can really say to your second point is that I did say "guh" after mic went off.  Whether or not soft a is allowed is something staff peeps can decide.

As for 2021, that relates more to the first definition TDawg gave.  I was aware that you shouldn't get others to say slurs, but I never called it slur baiting.  I heard someone say "erm slur baiting nerd emoji" for the first time in 2024, call me inactive.  Getting others to slur is not the same thing as your mic cutting out, and neither are anywhere in the staff guidelines.

(02-17-2024, 12:15 AM)RyanHighman Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 11:10 PM)Battons Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 10:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: snip

clip
snip

(02-16-2024, 11:18 PM)kessler. Wrote: clip
Idk why I used italics on "opinion" so I deserve that. But as far as the rules go, the interpretation has been that saying "ni-" like you did is slur baiting. If you were trying to stop yourself from saying a slur, and that's what came out, I'm sorry but I still believe it falls under that definition, even if it was mistake. Accidental RDM is still RDM.

I still believe in the -1 for the reasons above, but I think you're still gonna end up waiting the day before a decision comes down on this, regardless.
     After talking with a few staff I do see the slur bait interpretation side of the argument, since that's apparently been staff M.O. for a bit, and I don't blame Les or any individual staffer for saying "but that's what slur baiting is."  I do think that my intention should be taken into consideration, but more importantly, because Staff Guidelines gave no definition of the term, I don't really see why any of the staff team's slur baiting warns should hold water.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to serve the ban in full (one whole day..) but hopefully this helps improve Staff Guidelines, and in that event I believe an un-warn would make sense.
I think take the L on this one and I think slur warns expire in a month or so, so just ride it out and now you know.

A rules update sounds good though because I don't like rules lawyers
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=19116

clarify the rules
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
The admin team has decided to deny this appeal.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]