Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Website Improvements
In the next couple of days I'm going to be doing a few things that will hopefully improve performance and security on the site. Content servicing will be moving to a CDN, various ddos protections will be put in place, https and ssl security will be enabled, and webpage caching will be used to ease the load on the webserver.

If you find that the site starts acting strangely for you please let me know.

Support for other dark themes, and possibly a better looking mobile site are also in the works. Feel free to suggest other features or improvements here as well.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
If I click the icon in the top left to go back to the home page, the "Recent Activity" tab now properly loads for me. Which is an improvement. Any clue when it will work for me the first time I connect? Relevant info:

Browser: Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

All are running the latest updates.
For mobile, a "back" option would be nice so you can return to that particular forum without going back through the main menu.
i would like an unread post button
like this
https://gyazo.com/eedb8421e089ac5dba78bed45ef4c86d
(01-11-2017, 04:04 AM)Mr_Rippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: If I click the icon in the top left to go back to the home page, the "Recent Activity" tab now properly loads for me. Which is an improvement. Any clue when it will work for me the first time I connect? Relevant info:

Mac is a dreadful OS for any webpage with basic plugins. 
Then again, it's designed by a company that refuses to put flash player on their phone OS's because of "Security Flaws"
Classic Snapple ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

Suggestion: Let us insert pictures easily in posts where we would like to and size them accordingly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 76561198056585087.png]

(01-11-2017, 06:22 PM)ProReborn Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 04:04 AM)Mr_Rippe, Prince w/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: If I click the icon in the top left to go back to the home page, the "Recent Activity" tab now properly loads for me. Which is an improvement. Any clue when it will work for me the first time I connect? Relevant info:

Then again, it's designed by a company that refuses to put flash player on their phone OS's because of "Security Flaws"

Suggestion: Let us insert pictures easily in posts where we would like to and size them accordingly.

Just like every browser is phasing it out, including Firefox, Chrome, Edge/IE, and even Android phased it out officially thanks to, you guessed it, major security flaws, but, you know, Apple circlejerk and all that.
(01-11-2017, 06:34 PM)Rhapsody Wrote:

Just like every browser is phasing it out, including Firefox, Chrome, Edge/IE, and even Android phased it out officially thanks to, you guessed it, major security flaws, but, you know, Apple circlejerk and all that.

Apple hasn't included anything Adobe since the foundation of Adobe. I do find it funny however because Firefox/Edge/IE have far more security flaws than flash player.

(01-11-2017, 06:45 PM)ProReborn Wrote:

Browser: Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

Just like every browser is phasing it out, including FirefoxChromeEdge/IE, and even Android phased it out officially thanks to, you guessed it, major security flaws, but, you know, Apple circlejerk and all that.

Apple hasn't included anything Adobe since the foundation of Adobe. I do find it funny however because Firefox/Edge/IE have far more security flaws than flash player.

Nope. Edge has 162 reported and Internet Explorer has 825Chrome has 1370 and Firefox has 1437, but you need to take a look at the vulnerability scores and details on each of their pages. By far, Flash Player has many, many more vulnerabilities rated 10, while Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox have significantly less serious vulnerabilities that are fixed a lot faster, given that Internet Explorer and Edge update with Windows Update, and Chrome updates upon every browser restart. Edge's and IE's page is a mix of oranges and greens, while Chrome's and Firefox's are a mix of oranges, yellows, and green. In comparison, Flash Player's page is almost completely red, and for good reason. Flash Player is a very common vector of attack on all platforms, including MacOS, and while browsers can be valid attack vectors too, they're a lot less likely to be used because of how fast they can be fixed in comparison.

On a related note, I'm providing sufficient evidence while you're making vague, fanboyish claims. Provide evidence of what you're claiming and I might be willing to believe you.
(01-11-2017, 06:57 PM)Rhapsody Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 06:45 PM)ProReborn Wrote:

Browser: Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

Just like every browser is phasing it out, including FirefoxChromeEdge/IE, and even Android phased it out officially thanks to, you guessed it, major security flaws, but, you know, Apple circlejerk and all that.

Nope. Edge has 162 reported and Internet Explorer has 825Chrome has 1370 and Firefox has 1437, but you need to take a look at the vulnerability scores and details on each of their pages. By far, Flash Player has many, many more vulnerabilities rated 10, while Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox have significantly less serious vulnerabilities that are fixed a lot faster, given that Internet Explorer and Edge update with Windows Update, and Chrome updates upon every browser restart. Edge's and IE's page is a mix of oranges and greens, while Chrome's and Firefox's are a mix of oranges, yellows, and green. In comparison, Flash Player's page is almost completely red, and for good reason. Flash Player is a very common vector of attack on all platforms, including MacOS, and while browsers can be valid attack vectors too, they're a lot less likely to be used because of how fast they can be fixed in comparison.

On a related note, I'm providing sufficient evidence while you're making vague, fanboyish claims. Provide evidence of what you're claiming and I might be willing to believe you.

You're taking this a bit too seriously. You don't have to write me a research paper based on a joke. Did the Lenny face not hint that?

Also add the ability to see whether a thread is locked or not on mobile.