Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello billybob here
Brick 
hello friends i have a suggestion to make regarding staff 

it is of my opinion that moderators/admins who resign from their position as staff members, and then reapply in the future should either start out as T-Mod, or even moderator in the case of former admins, with the following conditions being met: 

-staff member was regarded as well preforming during their time, had good track record of preforming well, etc etc
-since resigning staff member has continued to have good track record in the community/not had any adverse actions given by staff etc etc 
  1. a. i.e a former moderator like billybob who has had run-ins with the law (!!) would have to apply for trusted, while a former admin like bryanbrr would apply for moderator as opposed to trusted

i think a positive that comes of this is by having veteran staff members readily available to help mentor our relatively newer staff team

i also think this would help make staff members who will be going inactive for an extended period of time less hesitant to resign, since they would have the comfort in knowing they dont have to work all their way up the ladder again

in closing, cut the government red tape thank u 4 my billy talk  Blush
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I dont like this as a blanket rule because sometimes people have 2-3 year gaps between staffing. A better idea would be to cut the wait time for the next level of applying in half. This would give them time to learn the new rules and give the community time to see them staffing again, as a lot can change between tenures.
(02-20-2024, 01:12 AM)RyanHighman Wrote: I dont like this as a blanket rule because sometimes people have 2-3 year gaps between staffing. A better idea would be to cut the wait time for the next level of applying in half. This would give them time to learn the new rules and give the community time to see them staffing again, as a lot can change between tenures.

cutting the timeline would also work! but as for the 2-3 year gap concern that is why they would still have to go through the application process, google form answers etc etc. also while rules definitely change over the years, the general gist of staffing still remains the same :)
I think unresigning and getting your staff rank back shouldn't be a thing. You should have to start from trusted again like everyone else does when they're going for staff. If you're gonna officially resign from a rank like admin or moderator it should be an easy sail anyway if you were well respected during your tenures (like dong/nicol when they unresigned around the same time, they should've had to start at trusted IMO)
Kinda half-and-half on this one. Personally I resigned from Prop Hunt for a couple months and when I reapplied I got my Tmod rank back. At the time, it was easier to officially let me back in as staff, than to wait for Dink to demote my account to Trusted (no offense to Dink). 

If a staff member is reapplying >6 months after their resignation, the staff member was well respected, and did a great job during their tenure I feel like getting Trusted/Tmod wouldn’t be an issue. For Moderator/Admin they should have to work up from Tmod again if they reapplied. They would have the ability to handle situations with a temp ban, while also not having too much control coming back as they may be a bit rusty and/or rules have changed since their previous tenure. If coming back <6 months, starting off as Trusted would be ideal as rules/guidelines may have changed. 

Just my 2¢
???????? ??????
(02-20-2024, 03:14 AM)Damien Wrote: I think unresigning and getting your staff rank back shouldn't be a thing. You should have to start from trusted again like everyone else does when they're going for staff. If you're gonna officially resign from a rank like admin or moderator it should be an easy sail anyway if you were well respected during your tenures (like dong/nicol when they unresigned around the same time, they should've had to start at trusted IMO)
My case was special in the sense that it wasn’t entirely my doing (just outright randomly posting an app to unresign). I was reached out to by an Admin and the Owner to come back. We decided it would be fair that I was Mod first before I got Admin back. I didn’t even know Nicol was coming back until he posted the same feedback forum as me. 

Back to the actual topic on hand, I think the idea is fair. I wouldn’t even attempt anything like that though now because most of these people weren’t around for either of my tenures. I think once enough time has gone by you should most definitely want to start from the bottom to get acclimated to the new environment.
If you were trusted or Tmod to begin with, I think working back on to staff would be better. If you were mod or admin, then provided you haven’t had recent major behavioral issues I wouldn’t be opposed to a TMod “probation” where one would have to be TMod for a month to ensure staffing is done correctly and refamiliarization occurs.

Significant behavioral issues (it should be a set number of warn points or a real ban in a set timeframe) should revoke such an option as well.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
if someone who wants to unresign can prove that they're still able to handle the job then there should be zero issues with unresigning imo especially with community support
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
imo its not really unresigning. the player still has to make a staff application, meet all the requirements for rank they are applying for, etc etc
I don't understand why you guys resign, there's no punishment for not playing a period of time and even if there was, you guys claim Dink is never around so it's not like your rank will be removed lol