Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello billybob here
(02-20-2024, 01:09 PM)fanta Wrote: I don't understand why you guys resign, there's no punishment for not playing a period of time and even if there was, you guys claim Dink is never around so it's not like your rank will be removed lol
erm, I went inactive as admin and got demoted to donor +

edit: I agree with tdawg
former admin2
or just do it on a case-by-case basis depending on what the admins agree is most appropriate given how much the server has changed since they were last staff, how they did as staff, how they're getting along in the community, etc.
(02-20-2024, 03:55 PM)reina Wrote: or just do it on a case-by-case basis depending on what the admins agree is most appropriate given how much the server has changed since they were last staff, how they did as staff, how they're getting along in the community, etc.
I think this would create too much personal bias from the admin team to incentivize denying people that they don't like even if the community supports them or vice versa
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-20-2024, 04:18 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 03:55 PM)reina Wrote: or just do it on a case-by-case basis depending on what the admins agree is most appropriate given how much the server has changed since they were last staff, how they did as staff, how they're getting along in the community, etc.
I think this would create too much personal bias from the admin team to incentivize denying people that they don't like even if the community supports them or vice versa
I think that in practice reina's idea would involve the person applying for the higher rank and then the admin team decided if they should accept them at that rank or if they need to start lower. At this point of the community, I dont see a massive hurt for staff that would require anyone to bypass the application system.
(02-20-2024, 04:18 PM)Foxka Wrote:

in what world is lack of incentivization the only thing keeping admins from doing that?
The admin team has decided to deny your application at this time.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
this is one of those "too many word me no read just give examples" things

whenever i was staff, and then resigned, i asked about a month later to unresign because i realized it was a dumb thing
this was before any of my dumb stuff, so the only negative thing i had really done was resigning in itself
this thought was denied, i wasnt bitter over it, it made sense, except that nicky was able to unresign soon before or after i dont remember the timeline, so that was a bit strange

but then ive seen people coming out of inactivity spanning several years
helen, quaxi has for a bit, city and epicguy and a few others came back after really long breaks at one point

and i just never fully understand the thought that someone being forward with a "i dont think im at a place where im capable of doing this" is better than someone basically having that same thought but never actually saying anything

a lot of times inactive people are just being a bit dishonest, probably without even realizing, so its always felt a little odd that the idea of unresigning if there hasnt been issues is so bad if its been within a month or two, maybe up to three

after that, maybe drop them down a rank if they want to come back

after a longer period of time, maybe drop them down two/demote, and after longer, demote fully if there were from mods, idk, just a thought, i like the idea of a decaying rank after inactivity/'resigning' more than blah blah blah words im tired of typing now you get the point

i really hope this post was about unresigning i only read the the title and fantas response wait ok nvm this isnt quite about unresigning i like most of this now
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
trusted is stupid, yes i agree
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Please don't mention unresigning around me. I am already having withdrawals. Do not give me a reason.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(02-20-2024, 07:20 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Please don't mention unresigning around me. I am already having withdrawals. Do not give me a reason.
missing all of those extra discord channels? asay?