Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello billybob here
hi billybob
during mid 22’ - August 2023, we had quite a bit of past staff who had resigned, come back, and try to apply again for mod or admin. i.e: Obijuan (rip to his admin app lol) had took a pretty long tenure and came back to try to go straight to admin. Situations like that where they are inactive for longer than 3+ years in the community should be started to where they go from scratch, especially if the community has changed and many people don’t know about your past staffing experience. Special circumstances like dong, I would understand since if I remember right, his resignation was pretty short until he got asked. I think it’d be fair if they were gone for a few months - 1 year, possibly a year 1/2 and have them apply for tmod, maybe mod? who knows. Just cause they haven’t been out of the community for a long time
(02-20-2024, 07:30 PM)RyanHighman Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 07:20 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Please don't mention unresigning around me. I am already having withdrawals. Do not give me a reason.
missing all of those extra discord channels? asay?
You aren't missing much, though the old health and wellness channel was certainly a read

Also yes I think on a case by case basis old mods/admins could be given tmod instead of trusted. I wouldn't go beyond tmod though.
Imagine unresigning, I wouldn't ever do such a thing. (I did ask about 90% of the staff team before doing so if they were alright with it first.)

This should be a case be case issue along with the timeframe. Sometimes, time is a factor and they should restart especially if they have a troubled staffing history. If it has not been too long, has not been many rule alterations, and they have a good staffing history, then the moderator, tmod whatever rank can be discussed.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I think my takeaway from listening to other people and reading the responses here is that this should just be handled case by case. Each instance of this would be so individualized, and I think that's the best way to handle it. Much like my rank reinstatement did not set a default pathway for people getting their ranks back, I do not think there should be a default pathway/form for this. Let whoever it is talk it out with current admins + staff and community, and if current admins decided its needed make a application or work back from trusted ect ect.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
+1 what tdwag said. Also, I am not unresigning. I saw that I was used as an example in the post and I want it to be clear that I have no motivation to staff again.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(03-02-2024, 07:45 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: +1 what tdwag said. Also, I am not unresigning. I saw that I was used as an example in the post and I want it to be clear that I have no motivation to staff again.
What if I get on my hands and knees and beg
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions